Lips

Barriers Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N]: Thank you all for your votes in the poll! I took in a lot of consideration about everything, and well, this is the results: one of the longest chapters I have for this series xD But seriously, I took a lot of considerations that as a result, I made outlines for each members (Which I'll reveal in the end of this chapter) ;3; If you feel like your specific member wasn't chosen or didn't have much interaction, don't worry! I'll include them more in future chapters! In the meantime, I hope this specific chapter doesn't bore you. ^^'

 

 

"Girlfriend?..." Kyul could not hide his displeasure. He had a 90% belief that Soomi was lying, but if he were to be wrong, then that changes everything. If it were to be true, then he wanted to at least know who it was that captured Soomi's heart.

"Um..yeah."

"Who is your girlfriend?" This was the question that Soomi was unprepared for. In fact, the whole thing was unplanned for. It became a crisis in Soomi's mind as she kept trailing off in her answers.

"Well...she's um..famous."

"Famous? Hm..so what's her name."

"Um..well, she's part of Twice." Soomi blurted out, unable to think about anyone else. She had a few friends in mind, but she knew that none of them would ever agree to the idea. Most of her friends were straight as a wooden ruler while Soomi herself was a plastic ruler: straight when needed to, but can bend from time to time.

"Twice? As in the girl group?"

"Mhm." Soomi nodded as she then had an idea.

 

Ah! Maybe I can ask my unni-

 

"Isn't your sister Jihyo part of Twice? I heard about it from your parents when we were having dinner in a restaurant."

"..Yeah."

 

Dammit.

 

"So who is it then?.."

Soomi had hoped that Kyul would have not known the information to make things easier on her, but since he actually knew about Jihyo, Soomi couldn't ask her unnie.

Meanwhile, Kyul continued to stare at Soomi who seems frantic about the whole situation. Soomi the whole time always had a stoic expression, so seeing this new expression had brought him to be relieved yet hurt at the same time.

 

She really doesn't want to marry me eh? Ahh, this is why I hate falling in love easily. I have to let go everytime.

 

Kyul let's out a sigh, clearing his throat which brought Soomi's attention away from her own mind.

"You know what, how about we make a deal?" Soomi tilted her head in confusion as she waited for him to continue on.

"Bring your girlfriend on a date. I'll have one of my men watch you two over. My men will not interfere, but they will give me few descriptions of your lady. If I guess correctly, then you have to convince your parents yourself to discard this engagement. If I guess incorrectly, then I'll convince your parents for you." Soomi took awhile to process the whole thing, but once she did, she immediately held a gleaming expression.

"Does this mean-"

"It's a win-win for you right?-"

"Thank you so much!!!" Soomi hugged the male excitedly, causing Kyul to blush.

 

...

Although Soomi had a gleaming expression before, it disappeared after she went to her room.

"I need to tell them first about this before I do anything." Soomi began to dial the number on her phone, waiting as she heard the few rings from the phone.

 

 

...

"Yah Momo! Stop taking all the beef!"

"Nnn~ But it tastes so good!" Momo took another piece of beef, ignoring the pouting female in front of her.

"YAH!" Sana's voice became louder once she saw Momo steal a piece of beef from her plate. She was going to voice her complaints until she saw Tzuyu glare at her. Realizing that she had caught a few people's attention in the restaurant, she bowed in apology, staying silent as she tried to hide her embarrassment. In the meantime, Momo was enjoying every bit of the beef as the flavor exploded into her taste buds.

Jihyo was too exhausted to scold her rowdy members, so she ate her food silently while relying on Tzuyu to keep the members in check. Jihyo sighs when she felt her phone vibrate on her pocket. Expecting it to be her manager, Jihyo passively reaches out for her phone and answers it without looking at the caller ID. Both her manager's name and Soomi's name began with an S.

"What do you want?" Jihyo asked rather coldly. Jihyo had thought that her schedule from yesterday would have been manageable. Unforetunately at the last minute, her manager had filled Jihyo's schedule yesterday with a bunch of TV appearances, so now that it was the day after, Twice's manager treated them with money to eat at the restaurant. However, that still didn't change the fact that she was upset with her manager altering her schedule.

"Ah, are you busy unnie? Mian, I'll call later.." Jihyo found it quite odd that the voice sound more of a gentle tone rather than a husky voice that her manager had. Another thing that was odd was that her manager was calling her 'unnie' despite being the younger one. Jihyo checked the caller ID and saw her dongsaeng's name rather than her manager's name.

"S-Soomi! No! I'm not busy. Wae?" Mina, who was sitting next to Jihyo heard Soomi's name and continued eating her food, pretending not to eavesdrop on the conversation.

"Oh okay. I need you to do a huge favor for me."

"Oh..Let me hear it." With the silence on the other line, Jihyo took this opportunity to drink water to cure her slightly sore throat.

"Can I date one of your members?" Soomi innocently asked, oblivious to how her question had almost killed her unnie. Hearing their leader coughing has certainly caught the seven member's attention. Dahyun was about to offer her leader to drink water when she realized that the cause of her cough was due to drinking water itself.

"Did I hear correctly? You said you want to date one of my members?"

"..So is that a no?"

"...May I know why?"

"Trust me, it's a long story to explain. I will explain another time, but for now can I get one of your member's approval to be my girlfriend?"Jihyo massaged her temples, letting out a sigh.

"Fine. I'll at least ask them."

"Really?! Thank you unnie! Text me about it later okay ~" After Jihyo hangs up from her phone, the other members at this point have gotten a grasp of their conversation.

"So..Soomi wants to date-" Before Jihyo could finish, two of her members interrupt her.

"I volunteer!-"

"I want to do it!-" Sana and Nayeon looked at each other, sending glares as they signaled each other to back off.

"Soomi wouldn't want to date a byuntae like you. On the other hand, I am more compatible with her." Nayeon started off, receiving a dramatic gasp from Sana.

"What does being a byuntae have to do with compatibility? I am more suited to be her girlfriend."

"Stop arguing. Soomi doesn't want neither a squirrel nor a bunny dating her." Tzuyu intervened, her savageness raising through the roof as she calmly ate her food.

"YAH! She wouldn't date you either!" Both females exclaimed, looking offended by the maknae's words.

"Even if she didn't, I at least have a higher chances than you two." Tzuyu smirks, causing the two females to fume in anger.

"Tzuyu, don't act like you don't  have a schedule with me and Dahyun." Jeongyeon stated, causing the maknae to lose her smirk. Sana and Nayeon then began to tease their maknae, thinking that they only had to worry about each other, until they saw a hand raised in the air.

"I..also want to..volunteer." Mina rose her hand hesitanly, bringing all pair of eyes on her.

"You too?!" While Sana and Nayeon tried to reason Mina out of it, Jihyo was dazed. As selfish as it may seem, Jihyo didn't exactly want Soomi falling in love with one of her members, so she became very hesitant in choosing who to send off to date her dongsaeng.

"What's going on?" Chaeyoung, who was returning from the bathroom wondered what had caused her members to become rowdy. Jihyo then grabbed ahold of Chaeyoung's shoulders, staring at the cub with a stern expression.

"Chaeyoung, what do you think of Soomi?"

"Eh?" The certain question has caught the cub off guard.

"Um..s-she's alright. Uh...she's a nice..friend." Chaeyoung cursed herself for stuttering, oblivious to the leader who seem very relieved of her answer with the emphasis of the word friend. 

 

Alright, it doesn't seem like she will fall for Soomi.

 

"Hey Chaeyoung, would you do me a favor and date Soomi?"

"WHAT?!" The other three females tried to protest, but they were each held back by Jeongyeon and Dahyun. Momo in the meantime was sneakily stealing her member's pieces of beef while the whole situation was occurring.

"Er..um, why me?"

"Well, you don't have a schedule right? Unless you don't want to-"

"No! I-I mean, yes- er no I don't mind."

"Good, then it's settled then." Jihyo pats on Chaeyoung's shoulders with a confident smile.

Chaeyoung on the other hand was speechless. She didn't know that this sort of situation would be placed on her.

 

 

...

Soomi was visiting the dorms once again in hopes to explain to the Twice members her situation, but instead she was immediately greeted with the song Pick Me on blast while the four members danced to the song. Sana and Nayeon were both trying to be fierce with their moves, but kept getting the moves mixed up. Mina was doing the dance correctly, but was more embarrassed and kept stopping her movement as she hid her face with her hands. Momo on the other hand danced correctly with confidence as she went along with what her members were doing.

"Please..ignore them." Jihyo facepalmed, dragging Soomi away from her members.

"Unnie-" Soomi wanted to give her explanation, but then seeing Chaeyoung has made her forget about it. Chaeyoung's hair became shorter, giving the cub an aura of a girl crush.

"Wow, you changed..in a good way." Soomi commented, meaning to compliment the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter