Burden

Barriers Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When both Nayeon and Soomi returned to the dorms, Nayeon was dragged by her members to have a short 'meeting' about today's occurance. Specifically to question about what the two individuals did for the whole day of Soomi's birthday. Once the members have separated Nayeon from Soomi, each surrounded the poor bunny with several questions.

"Did you take care of Soomi? When did the two of you leave the hospital?" Dahyun began, but before Nayeon could give her excuse, Tzuyu intervened with a comment.

"I saw the articles about you and Soomi." All eyes were now at Tzuyu, who had an unreadable expression. Nayeon tried to make her escape, but instead was prevented by Jihyo who immediately noticed the female's small movement.

"What article?" Chaeyoung asked with curiosity, oblivious to Nayeon who was shooting daggers at Tzuyu with her eyes, hoping that the maknae wouldn't expand on the topic. Tzuyu focuses her gaze on her phone, dodging Nayeon's 'daggers' as she then displayed the screen of her phone revealing specific photos of Nayeon and Soomi running away from the Onces. After seeing the photos and reading bits of the article, all 8 members stared at Nayeon, each with different reactions to the news.

Tzuyu had already known the information beforehand, so she had no particular reaction at this moment, though when she had first heard of the news, she finds Soomi's expressions in the pictures to be adorable.

Jeongyeon, Mina, and Chaeyoung didn't give any verbal response to the news, though a part of them was a bit upset.

Sana, Momo and Dahyun had wanted to tease the sly bunny, but stopped themselves from doing so once they saw Jihyo's reaction.

Jihyo felt her temper rise. Not only did the oldest member ditch them on their schedule, but Nayeon dared to flirt with her one and only dongsaeng. In addition, she was clearly not happy that Nayeon was ignoring her calls on purpose.

"Soomi! PLEASE HELP YOUR NAYEON UNNIE!" Nayeon notices the change in Jihyo's expression and immediately shouted for help, hoping that the latter would somehow be able to calm down the angry thomas.

 

 

...

While the 9 members were having their 'meeting' Soomi received a phone from her father. Soomi hesitantly answers the call, only to immediately hear yelling in the background.

"Shut up!... This is Soomi we're talking about... I'm sure... it'll work out."

"Appa?.." Soomi clearly heard what her father had said about her, but decided to shrug it off for now.

"Oh- Hey Soomi! How is my daughter doing nowdays?" Soomi was a bit suspicious of her father's sudden kind behavior, but regardless she responded.

"I've been doing well so far.. May I ask why you called?"

"Right..Soomi, isn't it about time that you come home now?"

"B-but Jihyo-unnie-"

"Yes, about Jihyo actually.. you should be aware of how busy she is with her idol stuff right?.. isn't it about time to stop being a burden to her? She can't always watch over you. Same goes with the other members."

"..." Hearing her father's words had hit Soomi with extreme guilt. All this time, Soomi was enjoying the company of the 9 girls while discarding the fact that she could have been an annoyance in their perspectives. Soomi thought of her first encounter with Jeongyeon, how the female had protested her stay in the beginning. Then her thought shifted to her Jihyo-unnie's uncomfort when getting up in the morning due to the lack of space in the bed. Finally, she thought about Nayeon, how despite their schedule, the female spent the whole day with her. Each event that played through in her mind convinced Soomi how much of a bother she had been the whole time.

"Hello? Soomi?" Her father's voice brought her back to reality as she finally came to a decision.

"Alright. I'll come back home."

 

 

...

"SOOMI-YAH-"

"Nayeon, I swear if you don't keep your mouth shut, I'm going to-"

"Unnie?" Before Jihyo could threaten the loud bunny, Jihyo turns her head to see Soomi hesitantly approaching the group. Not wanting to scare her dongsaeng, Jihyo began to act friendly with Nayeon, headlocking the female as Jihyo gave a sweet yet deadly smile to the quivering Nayeon.

"Um..I'm sorry, I hope I wasn't interrupting your meeting."

"Please! Interrupt as much as you can- mmph!!" Jihyo let's out a small chuckle as she covered Nayeon's mouth with one hand, still having the smile in her face. The rest of the members did not dare to get involved with the angered Jihyo as they stood silent within the sidelines.

"We were just having a friendly conversation wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter