Awkwardness

Barriers Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Come on, get it together Soomi!... You can do this!... 

With a determined mindset, Soomi held her grip of the luggage, lifting it up every time with each step she took along the staircase. 

 

...

Seriously though, who invented stairs?! 

Soomi complained in her thoughts as she was half way up, but continued to lift the heavy luggage which contained most of her clothes as well as other essentials that added to the weight. Feeling her arms become numb, Soomi exhales out, taking a quick rest before continuing her steps once more. 

"It's unfortunate for you that the elevator isn't working today...Let me help with that." A voice from behind her said as a female took the luggage from Soomi, who was left to daze. 

 

What the-

 

Catching up to the female that took her bag, both females made it to the top, where Soomi then takes the luggage back from the female's hand. 

"Um.." Soomi bows to the female, only taking one small quick glance at her features before walking away to another direction. 

 

All you had to do was merely say 'thanks' Soomi! For goodness sakes...though, why does she look so familiar?

 

Cringing at her own self, Soomi takes out a piece of paper from her pocket that Mark gave to her. She kept looking back and forth between the doors and the paper, trying to match the letter and number precisely so that she doesn't have to deal with knocking at the wrong door.

 

~Moments ago~ 

"I can't. Sorry. Have a good day." Soomi bowed in apology as she attempted to close the door, only to then see the man's arm blocking her from closing it. 

"Ow! Stop Stop! ..Argh! ..Aish, you can't do stuff like that!" Mark bit his upper lip, trying to ignore the pain as Soomi repeatedly pulls the door to shut, beating the life out of Mark's arm which was caught in between. After the fifth try, seeing Mark's arm would not move, she lets out a sigh, beginning to pity the man who wanted to scream his lungs out from the horrible pain. 

"You're so cruel...are you a sadist or something?" 

"...I'm just gonna pretend you never asked that...Anyway, are you going to leave or not?" Soomi began to be even more annoyed as Mark shooks his head. 

"So what?..you're going to stay here till my parents come home?" Soomi's own question made herself become anxious as to what her parents will do when they see her interaction with an unfamiliar man. Even so, she tries to hide her anxiety by furrowing her eyebrows, trying to intimidate the man who seemed conflicted by her question. 

"Um...I really prefer not to since I have a schedule after this...but since this is the first time Nayeon asked for something, I may decide to cancel my schedule just to stay here." Soomi facepalms after hearing Mark's words, leaving her no choice but to stop protesting. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter