Regretting and Fogetting

Barriers Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soomi may have become one of the luckiest person at this moment, but she couldn't help but to look away, or else the blush on her cheeks would spread even more. There stood in front of her were Twice in their swimsuits. Soomi herself was also wearing a swimsuit, since after all the ten individuals were at an indoor water park.

With the numerous sellings of their recent albums, JYP rewarded the girls a day in his acquaintance's indoor water park. Of course it became closed to the public in order to avoid chaos with their fans. Sana took this opportunity to invite Soomi through the group chat. The other Twice members also insisted on Soomi to join.

What the members weren't aware of was Soomi's uncomfort with the pool. She didn't know how to swim was one reason, but there was something in her instinct that caused her to naturally avoid pools and lakes.

If it weren't for Kyul's suggestion, Soomi would have declined the offer. It turns out that Kyul did not send his men to watch over Soomi's date. Instead, Kyul had already scheduled an appointment with their parents to cancel the engagement in the middle of Soomi's date with Chaeyoung. Soomi's parents got back into their habit of violent behaviors, so Kyul recommended Soomi to stay away from her home for awhile.

"Wow! I don't know which one to visit first!" Dahyun exclaimed, hyped up about her visit in the water park. It wasn't only Dahyun who was hyped up, but rather it was all seven members who felt hyped up in their own way after the hectic promotion of their fourth mini album.

"Come on Jihyo! Let's go visit the wave over there!" Chaeyoung exclaimed, inviting the main vocalist to swim with her. Unlike her seven members, Jihyo wasn't as enthusiastic at the moment, especially when she is currently in bad terms with one of her members.

"Lets go over there, Soomi." Jihyo watched as that particular member sent her a glare before dragging Soomi away. Specifically away from her ever since that incident.

 

Flashback:

Jihyo's lips were inches away.

She only needed to lean a bit more closer in order to claim those lips.

Inches became centimeters, both of their lips could touch at any second, but there was still that little bit of distance which separated their lips from touching.

 

No, this is wrong...I shouldn't do this...at least not when she's asleep.

 

A sound of an object dropping on the floor was heard as Jihyo immediately backed away, turning to see Tzuyu drop her mug that used to contain chocolate milk. The carpet that covered the floor fortunately prevented the mug from shattering, however the remains of the chocolate milk had spilled.

"I-It's not what it looks like!" Jihyo said, her voice low enough which lets Soomi continue to stay asleep.

Tzuyu furrowed her brows, debating whether to comment or not.

"I didn't think you'd stoop that low into kissing an unconscious person." Tzuyu's honesty has really hit Jihyo with guilt. Jihyo opens to give an explanation, but was instead left speechless. Tzuyu crouches down to pick up her mug, trying her best to keep any more harsh comments to herself.

Ignoring Jihyo's presence, Tzuyu gently shook Soomi's shoulder, making the latter squirm a bit until her eyes blink a couple of times to face the tall maknae.

"Nn. Tzuyu?"

"Can you go with me to the convenience store? I wanna buy new chocolate milk and some other groceries for dinner later." Although Soomi was tired, she didn't like the thought of Tzuyu carrying the bags by herself. Except for Jihyo, the other members weren't there and Soomi wanted Jihyo to be the one this time to get a bit of rest.

"Sure." Oblivious to the tensions between the two females, Soomi began to follow Tzuyu out, waving to Jihyo before closing the door.

 

 

...

"Tzuyu."

"Hm?" Tzuyu turns her head after hearing her name from Soomi.

"Can I ask you a favor?" Tzuyu nods, noticing a tint of red across Soomi's cheeks.

"Er..this is a bit embarrassing to admit, but I can't swim..can you perhaps teach me?" Soomi's question has certainly caught Tzuyu off guard. Although Tzuyu did drag Soomi away from Jihyo, that didn't mean that it was all she would do for the rest of the day. Tzuyu had hoped to ask the same question to Soomi, but it seems like both females don't know how to swim.

Without realizing it herself, Tzuyu bursted into laughter. She wasn't trying to make fun of her, but rather she just found the situation to be a bit ironic.

The laughter made Soomi feel even more embarrased as she punched Tzuyu's arm.

"Neomuhae, Neomuhae~" Soomi imitated Twice's choreography with a pouty face, making the maknae stop her laughter and instead turning it into a smile.

"Ah- Sorry. It's just that..you're asking the wrong person to teach you. I can't swim either."

"Eh?! B-but..what about that time when Twice did the MLB commercial in the pool-"

"That pool wasn't even deep..and technically I wasn't swimming, I was floating without touching the water, so that doesn't count."

"Oh." Silence fell between the two, but n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter