pt 2

Save me before I fall | BTS

  ☾ ★  ☾

Soon Ae's POV

The music started with a thrilling piano playing and I could directly see Yoongi's hands on the keyboard in front of me, that man was a very talented composer whom I could respect a lot. A lot more than the man who I was walking with under this night, we were both wearing hoodies with the hood over the head and masks to cover our identities from fellow crazy civilians. 

We walked along the side of the road, it has been raining outside and it formed huge puddles on the side of the driving road. I was too focused on the song when Jimin started to hum along to himself. 

" This is actually pretty good Jimin, I think this will be a hit among the songs of this album. " I told him admirably and he looked at me with wide eyes.

" Really?! Woaaah Sona that makes me so happy! " His eyes smiled as well and it made the corner of my lip slightly point upwards.

While listening to the lyrics I already understood that this was the continuation of the previous album story and the one that was gonna come after Wings. The other team had already started some small plans for the next one even if this wasn't finished yet. The songs meaning was easy for me to understand. Was Jimin not feeling good? Or was he just letting out what had bothered him before? I guessed it was because of the stress, he had always been a guy who worries a lot, if he does well or not and ever since I came to this company I knew he was that type of a man who would do anything for the fans to love him. Nowadays he was confidence on stage but not fully, still bearing unease and worries on his shoulders. 

" I'm glad you're opening up about this through music. " I said while the song kept playing on the one earphone, he looked down at me by the height difference and tilted his head questioning.

" You know what I mean. Just be yourself and that's the best way to make people love you. " I smiled gently and he smiled back at me happily. He left my eyes to look forward, started to giggle all of a sudden and covered his face with his hand out of habit when he feels embarrassed. " Yes, Sona. " 

As we kept passing street light to another street light beside the walking road, and the time passed with some small chatting and laughter I came to unconsciously enjoy the time with him. Jimin ran to stand a meter away and in front of me while walking backwards he started to dance the choreography to Lie while singing it gigglingly, he was overdoing the dance jokingly and I couldn't stop laughing by his silliness. A couple came passing us and they were starring at us with smiles, as if they saw something really cute.

" Stop it people are watching! You're leaking out the choreography! " I clapped my hands while the still remaining laughter was down my throat. 

" Now it's your turn, show me something. " Jimin laughed and grabbed my hand to switch places, I looked at him surprised and out of ideas. 

I was tired at first but now I was clear awake and full of energy, even more when he started to clap to give me something to dance to. So I just started to dance to baepsae from the previous album and no, I can't dance and it made him laugh at me. I felt embarrassed and I soon came back to my senses, what was I actually doing.. I look like an idiot.

I heard a car that started to gas faster behind me on the road and I looked back for a second, I saw a black car driving faster than the speed limit on my side and before it passed me I saw the puddle on my side it was about to drive on. I knew what was gonna happen and covered my face with my hands but soon before that, I was embraced in arms. The water came at us like a waterfall when the car drove on the big puddle I realized that Jimin had covered me from the water, I was surprised and froze when the memories from my drowning came back to me. 

My head was pounding, every cell in my body was screaming for oxygen. I kept fighting until I feel like my head was about to explode, I had to take a breath. So I did. For some reason it doesn't hurt like I thought it would, it scared me more than I thought, it was almost peaceful actually compared to the furious fighting for air. I begun to fall. I fell further and further to the bottom until it threatened to swallow me whole. I called for help, just someone, anyone. But I knew that no one would be there to save me. In that case it would hurt less to stay in the pool like that, those above the water loved to see me like this so they always threw me into the pool when they knew I couldn't swim. 

This time someone held me tight in their embrace and I realized that my hands was shaking and I whimpered out of control, I breathed out slowly and when I was calm. I looked up at Jimin who was soaking wet, he looked at me worryingly. 

" That so was close! What a idiot, can't he slow down?! " He said and looked after the car that was already gone, he let me go and checked me out to make sure I wasn't soaked.

" Why did you do that? Your clothes! " I asked, full with guilt, he looked at himself and apparently he hadn't thought that his clothes was all wet. That was when he reacted.

I remembered one time when he got water all over himself by a prank from Taehyung and Jimin got really mad, he didn't seemed to like to get his clothes wet while wearing them. I could agree, it was uncomfortable. 

" Oh sh*t! Umm it's fine I'll just go home and change. Your pants got soaked as well, sorry about that. " He apologized and started to feel uncomfortable with his clothes.

" Why are you even apologizing.... Thank you. " I said surprised I was out of speech then he started to chuckle. 

" It's fine. Don't worry. Come on, we should hurry home. " He said and we kept on walking but faster than before that incident. 

I wasn't sure what was up with this night, I think I wasn't feeling so well. I have always loved the night more than the day. It was more beautiful and people wasn't starring too much on my scars since they couldn't notice them in the dark. When I was little I always sneaked out. I myself didn't know the reason but I just felt better when I wasn't at home back when I was alive.

I wasn't sure if it was the night sky that shined brightly with the full moon up and a thousands of stars that made this night different, or if it was a none peaceful night because of him. But it was breaking my usual peaceful nights I always enjoyed by myself. I wasn't sure how to feel but I couldn't have this bothering me too much, it was a fun night and that's it. I need to focus on getting Jungkooks soul as soon as possible. I had been thinking of taking it by the end of the comeback promotion, then I would feel happier and maybe become human again. Just maybe it would be enough.

When we arrived at the dorm, Jimin ran in to grab some sweatpants for me to borrow. The lights was on and Jins car was parked outside at the parking lot. I stood outside and waited, I could see Taehyung passing by the hall and with the door wide open he saw me. He didn't seemed to recognize me and asked Yoongi that came passing the hall as well. " It's Soon Ae noona. " He replied tiredly and they both waved to me, I waved back and they started to head to the direction of the hall where Jimin went. I didn't know what was going on but Jimin took a little while before he came back running to head over the sweatpants. 

" Come in and change, follow me. " He said and showed me where the bathroom was, opened the door for me and closed it as well. 

I locked the door and looked around the bathroom, it was a big bathroom and I saw the pile of clothes that was in the basket. It was full and a lot, do they even wash their clothes? 

I changed from my soaked black jeans to the grey sweatpants, I wanted to get out of here as soon as possible. There were literally a pair of underwear with Ryan bear hanging on the side. I heard some metallic sound along the changing but I assumed that I hit something when I removed my jeans and put on the sweatpants. I just opened the door and thanked Jimin for letting me borrow his clothing before heading out. 

" Are you sure? I could walk you home? " Jimin offered when I told him to go to bed to rest well and I nodded before I disappeared in the dark. My home was just some quarter away anyways.