Chapter 1 : pt 1 - A miracle

Save me before I fall | BTS

  ☾ ★  ☾

Guardians and angels are two different speeches. Even if guardians were angels at first, but guardians are promoted angels with mightier power than angels. They protect a few chosen and blessed ones which means guardians are only a few as well. Angels takes care of the souls who has been sent to them from the grim reapers, the ones who has been accepted to the paradise. To heaven.. or to hell. And I, I am a grim reaper. Well kind of, just that I don't send the souls to the angels. I eat them.

When I was still alive I didn't fit in this society. I was someone who appeared on a hitmans table, someone who are registered as someone else at the cops index and someone who got brutally tortured before murdered. I still remember it all, the pain and the blood that rushed down my skin. That's all I remember from my past, my death and pain. And all I will remember from my past life.

I took a sip of the soju I drank, I was alone at a bar on a Thursday night. Listening to Growl by Exo, people these days are a lot into idol groups, even people in foreign countries. A handsome man behind the bar with nice musculature and dressed like a bartender, shakes another drink and he smirked at me before pushing the glass in front of me. I smirk back and rise the glass with a nod while miming a thank you.

" You're not up for a haunting today? " He asked me and his hair went from the side to a back slick after he drew his fingers slowly through his blonde hair backwards.

" Humans these days experience too little happiness. It takes a lot of lives to satisfy me. Patch. " I spoke before taking the shot.

" Then take the blessed ones from the guardian angels or find young ones, control their faith until it gets really pure and then kill them. " Patch grabbed a glass and filled it with a mix he made for himself.

" I know that Jihun is cooking up one. Why don't you steal it from him? " He asked me. I hesitated.

" ... give me the name. " I ordered him and he placed a piece of paper on the table. " Don't find Doryeong, he might kill you. " He joked and I rolled my eyes before leaving with the piece of paper on my hand.

A few days later after a lot of tracking and searching. I stood at the surface with my long and black coat that reached my knees, my black long boots and a black hat, looking like a dark silloutte figure under the crooked tree's shadow. It was 15:50 pm and I was standing outside the school, watching high school students walking out of the area with friends. The students was approximately around the age of 16 to 19 and I had my scythe just beside me, sharpened and polished just for a victim. Just for one boy I got a track of, one boy who is so pure that even the disciplinest grim reapers can't stand to come over to my side. Today I'm here to taste that soul of his, it's like finding ingredients for a meal before cooking it and his name does sound tasty.

A boy with coconut formed black hair passed me with a cheerful smile and I watch him running, just then I grabbed my scythe to swing it through his heart but in a split second all of a sudden the boy was thrown to the opposite side of me. So I didn't pierced his heart probertly but got a shade of a lightly yellow shining part of his soul. I held my scythe beside me and looked around to find whoever disturbed my hunting. It was a woman who had dragged him towards her, and he fell on her arms from my attack.

" Little boy, don't dash out of a sudden! Can't you see that the light is red? " The long black haired woman asked while cars drove pass us.

I see, he was about to cross the road while the light was red.

" I'm sorry! T-thank you so much noona! " The boy formally spoke with a bow after he got embarrased when he got too close to her.

The woman was tall and had a very beautiful smile, her eyes were big and pretty like her smooth skin. I inspected her, did she predicted my attack or was this a miracle that occurred among the humans ? Or is she maybe inhuman? I observed her gaze and her sight, she never looked at my direction as if I was a ghost. She can't see me.

" Well you sure are lucky today Jeon Jung Kook. " I spoke for myself and were satisfied to have gotten a little part of his soul, I grabbed it and slowly putted it in my mouth. It melted slowly on my tongue and I could feel the blowing taste filling my mouth. I smiled widely and looked at the boy, happy for once to have found a soul so delicious and pure.

You are mine. Jeon Jung Kook and I will give you all the success and happiness until death comes to you.