We Keep This Love in This Photograph

Hyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ed Sheeran: Photograph

 

Author’s

 

“You done?”

Jungkook didn’t need to look to know who it was.

“Let’s go” Jungkook stood and ready to get his ice cream.

Seokjin smirked from behind, knowing Jungkook’s weakness. He promised ice cream to Jungkook after the younger done with his task in the office. Just like today and days before.

Today Taehyung didn’t have any shift so he didn’t come to accompany Jungkook, as substitute, Namjoon was helping the younger arranging some documents. Jungkook didn’t know why but he disliked Namjoon. The latter didn’t bully him nor insulting him. He just don’t like him. Jungkook disliked Namjoon.

 

“You’re going to make me broke if you keep ordering two cones of ice cream everyday” Seokjin sighed in front of him.

“Don’t know, don’t care. You offered me, I accepted it” Jungkook said, shrugging and enjoying his own ice cream. Seokjin just shook his head.

When the younger busy enjoying his ice cream, Seokjin observed him carefully. He sighed seeing some piercing on the boy’s ears. Jungkook also happened to have a small tattoo just right under his collarbone (Seokjin accidentally saw Jungkook change this morning).

But Seokjin appreciated how Jungkook remained his raven black hair as it is. The younger wore black tanktop under the varsity jacket with a ripped jeans and red sneakers. Sometimes he wore cap, sometimes beanie.

Seokjin saw how his little brother grown up to be a handsome young man. The jawline is sharp, perfectly defined. Sculpted cheekbones, doe eyes, and small curved lips. Seokjin remembered the scar. It was the only thing that helped him recognize the younger beside the bunny teeth.

“I’m done, let’s go” Jungkook’s word cut Seokjin train of thought. One thing that Seokjin sure is that Jungkook wasn’t this bratty when he’s little.

 

**

 

“Wait here, I need to buy something” Seokjin parked in the minimarket beside the gas station. Jungkook said nothing and just sat there. Eyeing Seokjin’s move. He felt like, there’s something familiar with that guy. He felt like he knew Seokjin somewhere but don’t remember where and when. Since the first time he saw the man he felt something. Like he found something he lost somewhere, he just too careless to dig what it was.

Jungkook felt like he ever saw that sharp yet gentle eyes of Seokjin. Or his slightly bent fingers. He felt like he ever saw Seokjin but he refused to care.

 

He’s nobody anyway…

 

Jungkook sighed. He opened his phone and groaned when he saw it beeped before died.

“I should’ve charge this while working” Jungkook sighed. “Maybe he brought charger” Jungkook started to find charger in Seokjin’s bag but found none. He then opened the dashboard and rummaged through it.

Jungkook found no charger but he was interested at a small pink box buried under piles of papers that Jungkook didn’t really understand. Jungkook took the box and opened it.

Photographs.

Jungkook quirked an eyebrows.

“Well, it’s not like there’s something private here. He should considering letting me stay in his place rather than scolding me for opening his belonging” he then took and look at it one by one. He saw a newer photo of Jin with his team wearing their usual uniform. Seokjin still had his short hair along with the others. They looked stiff and kinda nervous. Jungkook chuckled, it must be when the first time Seokjin being a real-life cop.

 Then he found a photo of Seokjin with an old lady. Seokjin look much younger there, his hair is a bit long and he also wear glasses. The lady beside him smiling at the camera with her ash brown hair. She actually looked quite young to be Seokjin’s mother.

Must be his mother. Got the same eyes.

Jungkook just shrugged. He moved to the other photo.

It was lake, surrounded by forest and nothing else. Jungkook pursed his lips. It’s been a long time since the last time he went on vacation. The spot in the photo looked nice and maybe Jungkook wanted to go there next time. He just don’t know with whom.

Then it’s Seokjin’s photo that Jungkook believe still in high school. Jungkook chuckled at how Seokjin didn’t change much after highschool. He was no longer wearing glasses. Hair cut perfectly, framing his face and the smile. Jungkook swore he ever saw that smile before. But once again, he ignored the feeling.

Then he found a middle school Seokjin. Still the same. But Jungkook frowned when he felt like he recognize the haircut. Jungkook decided to go for the next photo.

Then he found Seokjin’s elementary photo. Jungkook’s brows furrowed once he saw Seokjin’s face.

He… he really look like him…

Jungkook gulped. Now the person’s figure is clear in his mind. That smile. That sharp gaze. That gentle but firm gesture. Everything resembled his childhood hyung so bad. The one that he always missed.

He moved to the last photo and he gasped. His hand trembled and he almost dropped the photo. Jungkook suddenly felt the air leave his lungs as he gasped more and clutched his chest.

It was his photo with his favorite hyung in the world. The one that Jungkook been searching for his whole life. Jungkook’s lips trembled as he saw his hyung’s face again.

No way... no way!

Jungkook’s breath hitch as the realization hit him. He compared Seokjin’s newest photo to their old childhood photo. His eyes widened and he could feel his heart beating loudly in his ribcage. His hands started to sweat and his vision became blur.

It’s him.. chief Kim is hyung! Chief Kim is Jinnie hyung!

Jungkook screamed in his head. He saw a figure walked out from the minimarket with plastic bags and he went panic. Jungkook quickly shoved all the photo to the box and returned it into the dashboard. His lips still trembling when Seokjin opened the door to get in. He stared at Seokjin who’s now placing the plastic on the backseat.

Seokjin turned to look at him. His brows furrowed.

“What’s wrong, Jungkook?”

Jungkook felt like being snatched to the reality.

“N-Nothing” Jungkook gulped and looked away. Seokjin still feel weird but he let it pass.

“Now, tell me your address, you need to-”

“Can I stay one more night?” Jungkook cut. Seokjin was kind of surprised because he usually the one who force Jungkook to stay in his apartment rather than strolling around in the street.

“Okay”

 

Jungkook was spacing out while eating dinner and Seokjin sighed. It’s the third time the younger spacing out since they went home from minimarket. He wondered what’s in the younger’s mind. He tapped the spoon on Jungkook’s plate.

“What?” Jungkook blinked and gathered his mind.

“You’re spacing out again. Can you just tell me what happened? You seemed fine before we went to the minimarket. Is there someone bothering you while you’re in the car?” Jungkook could hear the worry in Seokjin’s tone. He gulped.

He always worried…

Jungkook shook his head. “Nothing”

“Don’t lie, you said you’re not a liar but look at you now” Seokjin crossed his hand in his chest. Quite annoyed Jungkook. He’s still in a mes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter