And Finally...

Hyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s

 

“Hey dad” Jungkook called. He head was laying on his father’s lap. The man was watching TV, he just sent the holiday announcement to the company so his worker could get their Christmas and winter holiday.

“Hm?”

“Do you think we need to decorate our house? I mean Christmas is getting closer and I think I want to have a Christmas tree” Jungkook bit his lips. For years they almost never have a Christmas tree or any Christmas ornament.

“Sure. Do you want me to accompany you?” Jaehwan switched the channel.

“Um… can I go with Jinnie hyung? He could come over and you got to meet him”

“Right. Sure. Tell him then”

 

So here it is. Kim Seokjin pressed the doorbell on Jungkook’s house. It’s not the first time he went to Jungkook’s house but it’s the first time he officially visit it. He calmly waited for Jungkook to open the door.

The door swung opened and he was greeted by a huge grin and rosy pink cheeks of Jungkook. Seokjin smiled seeing that. He missed Jungkook so much. The last time he saw that smile was about a week ago. Since Christmas is getting closer and closer, the cop raised their control over the city and Seokjin had to work from day to night. Luckily Jungkook understood him and always supported him.

“Hyung!” Jungkook threw himself into Seokjin’s warm embrace. Seokjin chuckled and ruffeld Jungkook’s hair. “I missed you” Jungkook mumbled.

“Yeah, I know” Seokjin patted Jungkook’s head softly.

“Come in hyung!” Jungkook then pulled Seokjin in.

 

They were sittin in the living room with Jungkook’s father. Jungkook sat beside Seokjin. Tried to control himself from clinging to his hyung like everytime they met a soft sofa.

“It’s been a long time since the last time I met you. How are you, Seokjin?” Jaehwan smiled and Seokjin returned it.

“I’m good, Mr Jeon. How’s yours?” Seokjin answered.

“The same as usual. I wanted to thank you for taking care of my son when I was acting stupid all this years. I’m sorry if I burdened you” Seokjin could only smiled hearing those.

“It’s perfectly fine. I’m also glad finally I found him again”

“Oh, by the way, did you have a job? I mean you’re already 25? 26? I’m sorry I couldn’t really remember” Jaehwan shot an apologetic smile.

“It’s fine Mr Jeon. I’m 25 now. Yes, I have a job. I’m a cop in Myeongdong police station”

“That’s great. I hope I could leave Jungkook under your protection when I’m not around, Seokjin. After the holiday is over, I need to fly overseas, it’s a business trip and I hope you wouldn’t mind taking care of my son when I’m gone. I’m sorry once again for burdening you” Jaehwan bowed and Seokjin replied.

“Um… I think I’m going to change first” Jungkook stood and started to walk.

“So, Seokjin, you said you found my son. How did you find him?”

Jungkook’s eyes widened and his step halted.

Seokjin saw that and smirked. Jungkook quickly turned around and was ready to jump onto Seokjin to cover the cop’s mouth. But Seokjin’s plump lips moved faster than Jungkook’s bunny jump.

“He actually a rascal when I found him. He almost got into the jail”

“WHAT?!” Jaehwan’s eyes popped up like frog’s eyes.

“Hyuuuunggg!” Jungkook jumped to cover Seokjin’s mouth but the elder swatted him away like a piece of fly. Jungkook slumped back next to Seokjin.

“The detail, Seokjin…” Jaehwan glare-dagger at Jungkook and his son covered his face in his palms.

“Hyung, please please please, you said you loved me when we’re little. You said you’ll stay in my side no matter what. Hyung I love you, my handsome youngman, brave cop and-”

“Apparently he robbed some shop in the city”

Jungkook’s train of aegyo stopped as his face fell in horror.

“Please continue” Jaehwan’s face was the last thing Jungkook wanted to see.

“So, this little bunny over here, was a trouble for about two weeks in our office. He robbed some shop, although he didn’t take all the money and precious stuff, he caused some chaos and broke the shop’s facilities. We cought him at night after we changed strategies. He was managed to escape but he was stupid enough to hide behind a giant trashbin which is the most possible hiding place that I knew. I’m the one who caught him and brought him to be interrogated” Seokjin explained.

“Then how did he managed to escape from the punishment?” Jaehwan pierced his eyes at Jungkook who’s now curled into a ball behind Seokjin’s back.

“Ah.. about that…” Seokjin rubbed his nape. Feeling embarrassed. He wasn’t aware of the redness that started creeping his cheeks. Jaehwan’s quirked an eyebrow. Secretly smirking.

“Seokjin,”

“I… I was the one who interrogated him. When he said his name is Jeon Jungkook I immediately remember my childhood brother who left for the city years ago. I wasn’t sure about that but when I asked him to show the scar on his left cheek, I immediately recognize him and his bunny teeth also helped. So… I paid the compensation money so he was being discharged from all the punishment” Seokjin bit his lips. Nervous under Jaehwan glare. He’s Jungkook’s father anyway and Seokjin felt ashamed for not finding Jungkook’s address and told his father about that. He took his own decision on paying the money without telling the legal guardian of Jungkook which is the man who sat in front of him right now.

“I’m sorry, Mr Jeon. I should’ve told you after I found your house” Seokjin bowed.

Jaehwan sighed as he rubbed his temple.

“Jeon Jungkook” he called Jungkook. The bunny behind Seokjin went tense and he peeked from behind Seokjin’s back.

“I never thought my son would be a robber. What do you think you’re doing back then? I was so upset, I thought you’d done better in your daily routine. I don’t mind you’re getting bad grades or being scolded in the college. But I had a high hope about you in the society. What makes you did such things? Does the card that I gave you didn’t satisfied your needs? Do you need more? If you need more you can just come to me and ask for it. I won’t be mad, son…” Jaehwan looked at Jungkook in tired eyes.

Jungkook pouted as he finally revealed himself. He didn’t dare seeing his father’s eyes. Upsetting his father was the least thing Jungkook wants in his life. He was so ready if Jaehwan yelled or scolded him or even slapped him. But the way Jaehwan said he’s not mad and just upset, saddened the bunny more. He felt a strike of pain in his chest after what Jaehwan said.

“I’m sorry, dad… It wasn’t about the money. I was just… I was just upset with my own life. I was just trying to find some joy. I only wanted to gain attention from people because I didn’t get any our house before. I was so tired and… and I wanted some fun but I don’t have anyone to share my feeling. It’s not about the card. I actually rarely use it… please don’t be upset again because I won’t do such a thing anymore” Jungkook wasn’t aware of his glistening eyes until Seokjin rubbed his head and comfort him silently.

Jaehwan stared at his son. Feeling slightly guilty for scolding Jungkook. Jungkook’s rebellion was actually part of his action. He ignored his son for years and prefer to coming home late with those instead of asking his son’s condition. But Jaehwan also upset by his son’s action. More or less, robbery was something that you shouldn’t do even in your deepest desperation.

“Okay” Jaehwan said.

Jungkook dared to look up and Jaehwan felt more guilty seeing Jungkook’s unshed tears. He deeply sighed. “We’re both make mistake. I ignored you and you rob the shop. I’m sorry, Jungkook… for all this years. I never knew how lonely you are and I didn’t consider your feeling before doing something” Jaehwan smiled. Jungkook nodded.

“I’m sorry, dad” Jungkook said. A small tears escaped his eyes and Seokjin wipe it from his cheeks. Jungkook looked up at Seokjin and Seokjin made signal to go to his father. Jungkook stood up and went to his father. He hugged the man and Jaehwan gladly returned the hug.

“Fine, fine.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter