After All This Time

Hyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s

 

Seokjin’s car stopped in front of Jungkook’s house.

“Thanks hyung, I’ll see you later” the bunny grinned and waved his hand at Seokjin. Seokjin waved back and drove away after make sure Jungkook entered his house.

Jungkook sighed, preparing to see a woman shoes or any high heels from those s. He was quite surprise when he saw none of those in the shoe rack.

Jungkook entered the living room. He saw his father busy with his laptop in the minibar. Jungkook just shrugged, feeling relax by knowing his father didn’t bring any s today.

He climbed the stairs and entered his room.

 

Jungkook sighed as he boringly change the channel in the television. It’s 2 in the afternoon and he have nothing to do since its winter break combined with Christmas holiday. His father still working in the laptop and Jungkook heard a faint sigh from his father.

Jungkook glanced at his father before his mind went back to his conversation with Seokjin near the river. He didn’t regret being Jeon Jaehwan son. He just hate the way that man act and the way he abandoned his mother for someone else which now rotten in the mental hospital. Jungkook smirked at the thought.

Karma, .

Jungkook found something interesting in the TV but his mind lingered somewhere again. He sighed. Rubbing his face tiredly. A memories with his mother suddenly appeared.

‘take care of your father more, Kookie. He loves you as much I love you’

Jungkook huffed. He glanced again at his father.

Just.. this once, Jungkook. This once.

Jungkook got up and went to the kitchen behind his father. His father just glanced at Jungkook.

Jungkook took a coffee cup from the drawer and started brewing coffee. He smiled shyly when he remembered how his mother teach him to make his father’s favorite coffee. He took the espresso powder, mix with other ingredients.

Jungkook poured the hot water. When the scent of coffee started filling his nosetrils, he smiled a small genuine smile. The smell of his childhood morning back. Jungkook remembered he used to run downstairs just to jump onto his father’s lap. His father would tickled his chin and hugged him like a doll. Or maybe put him on his back and running around the room. His mother would laugh at the scene before placing the coffee on the table.

What a wonderful childhood. He thought.

Jungkook cleaned the kitchen and brought the coffee. He didn’t say anything and just placed the coffee on the table beside his father.

Jaehwan’s eyes widened seeing his son placed the coffee beside him. He was too shock and just stared at his son’s eyes. There’s a small blush on Jungkook’s cheek and his son quickly walked to the stairs, entered his room. Jaehwan blinked and stared at Jungkook’s door. It was something new. His son never do such thing since they moved to the city.

Jaehwan took the coffee. His heart felt like stop beating when the smell touch his nose. It’s the same smell as his favorite coffee long time ago. The one that he never tasted again after fourteen years. He then sip his coffee.

It’s the same…

Jaehwan felt a wave of emotion suddenly hit him. He missed his wife. He missed Jungkook’s mother. The image of her making coffee every morning with the pink apron and half up half down hair never really leave his head. He stared at the coffee again.

“Jungkookie resembles Nara… very much”

 

**

 

Jungkook smiled and replied Seokjin text as fast as he can.

 

JJK Bunny (Jungkook’s name in Seokjin’s phone).

Hyung! Let’s have ice cream again

 

Chief Kim Jinnie (Seokjin’s name in Jungkook’s phone).

When?

 

JJK Bunny

Idk… do I still need to come to the office? It’s three months already…

 

Chief Kim Jinnie

Yes, you still need to come, your last schedule is on December 23rd.

 

JJK Bunny

Aaah hyung L I’m tired arranging those files. But I missed Taetae tho…

 

Chief Kim Jinnie

It’s only five days left, Kookie. After this you’ll be free of any charges.

 

JJK Bunny

Can I get more ice cream then?

Please?

Please? *puppy eyes emoji*

Hyungiieeee

 

Chief Kim Jinnie

Yeah, yeah. After you done.

 

JJK Bunny

Yay! I love you hyung!

How’s Tae doing? Is he going out with Jimin yet?

I texted him yesterday but he didn’t reply…

 

Chief Kim Jinnie

Taehyung? Idk much but someone from the yoghurt shop always came to the office on the lunch break. He snatched Taehyung from the office. That was weird, he has this cutie cherubic face but Taehyung kind of scared of him.

 

JJK Bunny

Really?! Whoa.. oh by the way his name is Park Jimin and Taehyung freak out after asking the dude to go on a date.

Hyung, I’m bored

 

Chief Kim Jinnie

Do something useful

 

JJK Bunny

You’re mean. L I’m not going to reply to your text

 

Chief Kim Jinnie

Okay.

 

JJK Bunny

What do you mean by ‘Okay’??!! are you fine by the fact I hate you rite now?!

 

Chief Kim Jinnie

You just replied my text.

 

JJK Bunny

 

Chief Kim Jinnie

Language, Jeon.

 

Jungkook was about to reply Seokjin’s text when he heard his door being knocked. Jungkook sighed as he was so lazy to move from the bed to open the door. But in the end he walked to it and opened.

“Jungkook” his father standing in front of him.

“What?” Jungkook frowned.

His father looked kinda uneasy and Jungkook quirked an eyebrow.

“I… I think you need a new winter coat. Yours already too small for your size”

“Huh?” Jungkook felt confuse. He darted his eyes to his winter coat on the hanger. It actually a bit small for Jungkook since he bought that a year ago but Jungkook felt his father had another reason.

“Just tell me, what do you want? You’re not usually ask me to go shopping with you like this, father” Jungkook crossed his hand in his chest.

“, you’re right. Fine. I just feel like it’s been a long time since the last time we’re out together. You know. It’s almost winter and you need a new-”

“Fine, I’m going to change first” Jungkook cut his father and closed the door. Didn’t see the shy smile on his father’s lips.

Jungkook leaned on the door as he felt something bubbling in his chest.

He knew.

His father must be felt something after he placed the coffee this afternoon. Jungkook suddenly felt a hope. He got a new spirit. Like he knew something good is going to happen after this. That’s why he quickly cut his father’s train of excuse and just go straight changing.

Jungkook quickly took his phone and text Seokjin.

 

JJK Bunny

Hyung, father asking me to go shopping together. I thought it’s a great chance to fix our relationship. What shud I wear, I’m anxious…….

 

Jungkook rummaged his closet and s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter