Old Town Memories

Hyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s

 

“I got three days-off” Seokjin said from the kitchen.

“Good” Jungkook anwered, he moved from the sofa to the kitchen. Seokjin smiled seeing Jungkook grinned like an idiot while approaching him.

“What is it? You seemed happy” Seokjin poured the hot water to their mugs. Hot chocolate would never fail the moment.

“I am. Got more time to spend with you” Jungkook clung to Seokjin waist and Seokjin chuckled, ruffling Jungkook’s hair adorably.

“What do you want to do? I thought we agreed on stop playing jenga” Seokjin moved to the minibar, still with Jungkook clinging to his waist like a monkey.

“Hyung, can we go to our village?”

Seokjin stopped moving for a moment. “Why so?”

“I remembered I left something there. Something that I should give to you on your eleventh birthday”

 

**

 

Jungkook got off of the car once Seokjin park in the nearest parking lot of their old village. Seokjin’s eyes wandered everywhere. It’s been years since the last time he visit their old village.

“Let’s go, Kookie” Seokjin took Jungkook’s hand when he saw the younger busy spacing out at the scenery. Jungkook felt his cheeks grew warmer at how Seokjin held his hand casually.

“I’m not a kid, you don’t have to drag me” Jungkook pouted.

“Oh? Okay. I was actually considering how to hold your hand the right way if we’re going to be boyfriends” Seokjin let go Jungkook’s hand.

“Wait, wait, what??” Jungkook ran to catch Seokjin’s hand again but the elder put his hand in his pocket, annoyed the hell of Jungkook. “I didn’t know you were serious!” Jungkook whined.

“I am serious” Seokjin smirked at how Jungkook tried to pull his hand out from the pocket.

“Hyuuuung” Jungkook pouted and whined. Seokjin still smirking and just continued walking. Seokjin wiggled his arm to get rid of Jungkook but Jungkook’s grip is no kidding.

“Fine, fine” Seokjin sighed and finally took out his hand, Jungkook quickly grabbed it in a death grip.

 

“Excuse me” Seokjin knocked the door on their old house. It is now occupied by another family.

The door swung open and a woman looked at then confusedly. “Yes, who are you, boys?”

Seokjin instantly bowed with Jungkook. “Good afternoon, Miss. We’re from Seoul and just arrived here an hour ago. We’re the previous owner of this house” Seokjin said politely. The woman’s eyes lit up.

“Oh! Are you by any chance is Mrs Jeon Nara’s son? The one that usually playing football with his hyung in the field over there?” she pointed at a quite far field at the end of the road.

“Yeah, this is Mrs Jeon’s son” Seokjin pulled Jungkook and the younger bowed his head.

“Aigooo…. Look how big you are now… I almost didn’t recognize you. By the way, come in, come in. I just made tea and cookies” she then pulled Jungkook and Seokjin in. Both boys just grinned at each other.

They sat in the dining room while the woman prepared their teas and cookies. She came back with a bowl of cookies and three cup of teas.

‘Thank you, Miss. I’m sorry I didn’t really remember anyone from this village, but.. who are you?” Jungkook felt a little uneasy by not recognizing the woman.

“Ah, I’m sorry, I forgot to introduce myself” she tidied up her hair before back. “My name is Bae Jihyo, I used to be your nanny when you’re still three. You probably didn’t remember me, Jungkook” she smiled and Jungkook suddenly remembered a memories of him playing in the bathroom with someone he didn’t really remember.

“I’m sorry Miss Bae. I couldn’t really remember you. but I’m glad at least I had the chance to meet you again” Jungkook answered warmly. Seokjin saw how Jungkook enjoyed the moment sincerely and how he ate the cookies with no hesitation.

“Oh, and who is this handsome youngman if I may ask?” Miss Bae motioned to Seokjin.

“Ah, hello Miss Bae, my name is Kim Seokjin. I used to play with Jungkookie when we’re still kids. My old house was next to your house” Seokjin answered.

“You’re Jin? The Jinnie hyung that Jungkook always mentioned before he sleep?” Miss Bae looked surprised. Seokjin turned to Jungkook who cover his face in embarrassment.

“You mentioned me before you sleep?” Seokjin teased. Jungkook kicked his feet under the table and Seokjin chuckled. He then moved again to Miss Bae.

“Yes, I’m that Jinnie hyung. It’s nice to see you again Miss Bae. You didn’t’ change much. Still beautiful as ever” he compliment, making the woman’s cheeks turned red.

“Aigoo, such a nice youngman” she laughed. “By the way, what brings these two handsome youngman back to this old village again? Is there something you wanted to find?” she kindly asked. Seokjin looked at Jungkook and Jungkook nodded.

“Actually… I left something in the backyard fourteen years ago. If the backyard stayed the same, then I will probably find it easier” Jungkook answered, his mind wondering somewhere.

“Oh! Go ahead, Jungkook. It’s your house after all, I did nothing to this house the moment your father gave it to me. Everything stayed the same, even your room stayed the same” the woman answered. Jungkook’s eyes wandered everywhere in his old house. She’s right. Nothing is change much. It’s still as clean as he remember. Even the sofa stayed the same, along with the TV.

“Thank you Miss, Bae. I’m going to take a look in the backyard” Jungkook bowed and the woman nodded. Seokjin followed behind Jungkook, curious about his long lost eleventh birthday present.

“What are you doing?” Seokjin saw Jungkook taking a small shovel.

“Finding it. I buried the present…” he looked around. Shaking every small plants before his face lit up and he squatted beside the plant.

“Need help?”

“No, no it’s not deep. I used to dig it using my hands” Jungkook dig the soil until he felt his shovel hit something. Jungkook put aside the shovel and took out something. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter