Epilogue

My Love, Byun Baekhyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rosé sighed, staring at the dinner on the table. Its been her normal routine for a couple of months now. Sleep, clean, cook, wait and eat.    

Her husband, Baekhyun, is always busy working. Sometimes, he doesn't eat dinner. Instead, he locks himself inside his office in the house, not speaking a single word to Rosé.   

Rosé laid her head on the table, feeling sleepy. It won't hurt to take a small nap...

Just as she was on the verge of falling asleep, the sound of the front door being unlocked made her eyes snap open.

The sound of footsteps cake closer and closer. Rosé watched as her husband took a seat opposite hers.

"How was work today?" She asked, trying to make conversation. Baekhyun looked up at her and shrugged "Usual".

She watched as he began eating. "Aren't you gonna eat?" He asked, looking away from his food. Rosé nods and grabs her chopsticks, shoving Tteokbokki into .

Dinner was quiet as usual. After eating, Baekhyun took a shower while Rosé washed the dishes.

She was getting sick and tired of this. The same routine over and over again. Rosé can't help but think if their marriage is falling apart...

Although she knew work was stressing him, she wondered if she was a burden to him. Baekhyun hasn't paid much attention to her.

It was currently 9pm. Baekhyun should be in his office by now. Working. As always..

Rosé sighed, and walked to their bedroom. She sat on the bed, blankly staring at the wall.

"I have to do this. My marriage is on the line" She told herself. She hoped nothing would go wrong.

She stood up and made her way to Baekhyun's office, knocking on the door.

"Come in" He called out. Rosé closed her eyes and took a deep breath before entering the room with a smile on her face.

Its going to be okay......

"What is it?" He asked, not taking his eyes of the computer. Rosé frowned at his behavior. She hoped he would look at her.

No... Just a small glance would be enough. Its better than nothing...

Rosé took a seat on the chair that was placed in front of Baekhyun's office table. "Can you focus on me for once?" She snaps.

Baekhyun continued typing on his keyboard. "Did you say something? Sorry I didn't hear" He says.

This is too much.. Its like he's a whole different person. Like he's not in the real world.

"Baekhyun..." She called out. He hummed in response. It was getting on Rosé's nerves.

She had the urge to unplug the computer but it wouldn't be a good idea. So instead, she closed his laptop.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" He yelled with clenched fists.

Rosé was shocked. He's never yelled at her before..

Baekhyun's eyes widen once he noticed what he has done "I-Im so-". Rosé cut him off "You should take a break from work".

"No. Leave. I need to finish" He said, sounding annoyed. "Do you have any idea how I feel..?" She asks, her voice cracking.

Baekhyun looks at her confused, waiting for her to continue.

"You.. You're always working. You never have time for me. Never take a single glance at me. No full conversations between us. I'm just here. Locked in the house cleaning and cooking. Waiting for you to come home to eat. Its been months, Baekhyun. MONTHS!" She yelled the last part.

"You don't understand how stressed I am. And right.. You're adding more weight to my stress" He says. Rosé looked him in the eyes "I'm what?".

So she was a burden after all...

"That's not what I meant, Rosé" He sighs. "Why can't you at least talk to me. Tell me why you're stressed. You can't keep all of that inside you" Rosé pouts.

Baekhyun looked annoyed. He just wanted to get back to work. "You wouldn't understand because all you do is stay at home. I don't know why I proposed to you in the first place" He whispered the last part.

"Okay. Fine. But I gave you two options. Either I get a job too or be a housewife. What did you pick, huh? You claimed that your job was fine and now look at the mess you are. You regret marrying me? I guess you got bored of me.. Well guess what. I'm tired of waiting for you. I'm tired of all this bull. Do you even love me? Wait don't answer that" Rosé slapped his face before speaking.

Baekhyun looked at his wife, shocked. He also felt guilty. She was right... Its his fault that the two of them are like this. He even caused for her to have negative thoughts of him.

"I'm leaving" Rosé stood up and exited the office, slamming the door on her way out. She walked to her bedroom and grabbed a bag, shoving random clothes and items inside. She then grabbed her car keys and left the house.

Baekhyun heard a car drive away. He stood up and looked out the window. He punched the wall as he watched Rosé drive away.

Rosé kept ringing the doorbell, waiting for someone to open the door.

A few minutes later, the door opened revealing Suzy.

"Suzy..." Rosé sobbed and ran to Suzy, pulling her into an embrace. Suzy wrapped her hands around Rosé and gently patted her back.

"What did he do this time?" She asked Rosé. "H-he-" "Let's go inside first. You must he cold" Suzy dragged her inside.

The two girls walked to the living room and sat down. "SEHUN GO MAKE SOME TEA FOR ROSÉ!" She yelled, earning a groan in response.

Sehun came back a few minutes later holding a mug. He noticed that Rosé had been crying "What happened?".

Suzy and Rosé became close over time. Sehun and Suzy were now happily married.

"He-he said he regrets marrying me and that I'm just a burden to him.." She sobbed.

Suzy looked pissed as . How could her brother do this to her best friend??

"Come on, babes. You need to sleep. Let's get you to bed" Suzy smiled, helping Rosé up.

They walked upstairs, into a guest room. Sehun placed down Rose's bag and left the room.

Suzy tucked Rosé in bed and stayed with her until she fell asleep.

She then walked out and closed the door, making sure not to wake her. Suzy walked downstairs where Sehun was. She was ready to kill. Kill her brother. How could he..

"Suzy.. Calm down. Let's go to sleep too okay? Its trying late.. Tomorrow we can figure this out" He smiles.

Suzy slowly nods and the two head to bed.

Today was a mess..
How could this happen?
Baekhyun didn't care to chase after Rosé either..
..

When Rosé woke up, she felt like complete . Her eyes where still red and puffy from crying. She didn't know where her relationship with Baekhyun was headed.

It's possible that they might go their separate ways....

But, that would be difficult for Rosé. She was unemployed and would be homeless. It was like she had to start her life all over again. If Rosé and Baekhyun divorce, She would have to move on and forget about him. Forget about the time they've spent together

Rosé didn't want to be in a marriage where she's just left out. Where she is left like a dog waiting for it's owner to return home. She wasn't a maid or anyone to push around. She still wants to enjoy life and travel around places and the world. She wanted to experience different taste, culture and music. Rosé wanted to do all those thing... with Baekhyun.

Sadly, it seems like Baekhyun doesn't want that. To her, it seemed like, he just wanted to have someone to clean his house and feed him. A servant.

If Rosé would've had known that, she wouldn't have agreed to marry him. She was having regrets on her life choices. She regrets that she never mentioned her feelings regarding the past few months to Baekhyun. She regrets not giving him more love. She regrets cleaning everyday for him instead of speaking her mind. She regrets cooking everyday for him as he rarely ate. She regrets agreeing to be a house wife. She regrets about not being a better wife....

It also didn't help the fact that Rosé had been gaining weight these past few months. She thought that was one of the reasons on why Baekhyun wasn't in love with her. She had strong cravings for food nowadays. Stress doesn't help that at all.

She would end up vomiting eveything she had eaten. She would only eat one plate of food when Baekhyun was around. She didn't want him to know about the amount of food she usually ate. But it didn't seem to make a difference. She grew insecure about her body imagine and herself.

Rosé's thoughts were interrupted by a soft knock coming from the guest room's door. "Yes?" She called.

Suzy gently pushed the door open with a tray of food in her hands."Hey, it's just me. I know you probably don't feel like getting up, and I don't blame you. But I still want you to eat." Suzy said with a smile.

Rosé felt so happy and thankful to have someone like Suzy. Even thought she ruined Suzy' and Sehun's personal time and space, she still was so nice and thoughtful.

"Oh my goodness, thank you!" Rosé grinned. Suzy placed the tray beside Rosé's lap. The breakfast that Suzy had prepared for her looked delicious.

The smell of bacon hit rose up Rosé's nose and she couldn't help but dig in. When she finished, Rosé still felt hungry but didn't want to be bothersome to Suzy or Sehun.

"You want some more don't you?" Suzy asked. Rosé's eyes widen and she slowly nodded.  Suzy grabbed the tray and then headed out. She returned a few seconds later with more food  was surprised with the amount of food, but still ended up finishing everything. She had told Suzy about her eating habits, how she throws up, and how she's gaining weight. She felt comfortable telling Suzy for some reason.

"Rosé... have you ever thought that....
you could be pregnant?" Suzy questioned as she sat on the edge of the bed.

Rosé almost choked the piece of bacon she was eating. "P-Pregnant? No, that's impossible! I eat out of stress. That's probably why I'm always throwing up. I don't know where you got that idea" Rosé chuckled.

"Are you sure? There have been cases where women don't know their pregnant until a few months later. Have you gotten your period yet?" Suzy asked.

Rosé thought for a bit before answering "I haven't had it for a few weeks... It happens though. Many people get their periods late" Rosé answered awkwardly.

"Did you and Baekhyun ever..you know?" She asked, looking away. She probably didn't want to know about her brother's private life..

"Uh... We did it a while ago but still, it's impossible!" Rosé said in denial. "I'll get you a pregnancy test just in case, okay?" Suzy said, sofly. "Okay.. but it's going to come out negative." Rosé smiled.

Suzy got up, ready to leave. "Please get up and watch some TV in the living room. I don't want you in bed all day. Sehun left for work already, so you can roam around freely." Suzy said as she heard towards the door.

Rosé zoned out as soon as Suzy left. There's so much going on with her and Baekhyun. Adding a child will just worsen Rose's life. Of course, she had thought about having children, but not right now. Especially with the way things are with her husband. She wasn't ready, she might end up as a single mother.. This was stressing her out. Something then popped in her head.

F
O
O
D
.

Rosé got up, taking the tray to the kitchen. There was so much food left. It's like Suzy knew she still would still be hungry. Rosé grabbed more eggs and bacon. She couldn't help herself. And it was cooked so well. She then sat on the couch and grabbed the TV remote that was next to her. She found herself f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter