CHAPTER 26

STAY BY MY SIDE

That night they start to pack their things as next morning, they have to go back to Korea. When Haein was packing her cloth in her luggage she suddenly realized something.

“Oppa, have you seen my necklace?” asked Haein to Mark that was folding his shirt.

“Necklace that I gave to you? Nope” said Mark which made Haein pursue her lip.

“Where is it?” asked Haein to herself.

“You lost it?” asked Mark and Haein slowly nodded. Haein then roam the room but there’s nothing there.

“I’m done ~ You’re late Im Haein” said Mark chuckles as they made a bet whoever done packing first will be the winner and the one who loose must do what the winner wants.

“Obviously I’m worried about my necklace” said Haein before went out from Mark’s room.

“Okay did she mad or what?” asked Mark to himself. On the other side, Haein went to living room to see Mr Tuan and Mrs Tuan there.

“Mama, papa have you seen a necklace around here?” asked Haein pouted.

“Necklace? No, Haein. Why? You lost your necklace?” asked Mrs Tuan softly and Haein nodded slowly.

“Mark oppa gave that. I’m such a clumsy. I once lost the necklace and ring that Mark oppa gave. And now it happened again” said Haein sighed.

“It must be somewhere around here. You will surely found it” said Mrs Tuan smiled. Haein then went into the kitchen to see Jaebum and Jinyoung there.

“Sister ~ What makes you here?” asked Jaebum.

“Have you seen my necklace?” asked Haein.

“Oh I’ve noticed that today you didn’t wear your necklace” said Jinyoung which made Haein confused.

“Hmm, okay then” said Haein about leave when Jaebum then spoke.

“You’re in trouble Im Haein. Mark hyung will scold you” said Jaebum chuckles which then receive a death glare from Haein.

“Okay, okay. I’m sorry” said Jaebum and then Haein leave the kitchen. Haein went back to Mark’s room to see Mark giggling looking into his phone.

“Oppa really don’t want to help me finding that necklace?” asked Haein annoyed.

“It’s okay, I can buy you the new one” said Mark still not let go his eyes from his phone which made Haein annoyed.

“Focus on me” said Haein reaching Mark’s phone and put it on the desk.

“Fine, what’s the matter?” asked Mark fixing the way he sit and face Haein.

“My necklaceee. Help me find my necklace. I don’t want the new one. I want that necklace” said Haein.

“When did you last wear it? I told you not to take it off” said Mark holding Haein’s hand.

“I don’t know. I didn’t remember it” said Haein pouted. Mark then chuckled which made Haein frowned.

“You’re kinda cute when you lost something. I wonder how you react when we’re apart. You must be continuously calling me, asking about how I’m doing or else” said Mark still chuckling.

“Oppa, not funnyyy” whined Haein stomping her feet. Mark then went to take out something from his pocket.

“Lend me your hand” said Mark which made Haein confused.

“I found it at living room” said Mark chuckles while handing Haein’s necklace.

“Oppa whyyyy” whined Haein while pinching Mark’s cheeks.

“Yaa, why you pinch my cheeks?! You’re the one who should be punished” said Mark pinching Haein’s cheek back.

“Okay fine. I’m sorry for losing it” said Haein pouted.

“It’s okay but don’t lost it anymore or I’ll punish you” said Mark chuckles.

“Okayyy. Now, help me to chain it” said Haein handing the necklace to Mark and Mark stand up to chain the necklace.

“Done” said Mark smiled while hugging Haein from back.

“Thank you ~” said Haein smiled while holding Mark’s hand.

“You’re welcome my princess” said Mark before kissing Haein’s cheek when suddenly Jaebum entered the room.

“Oh ohh sorry sorry” said Jaebum as before slowly went out but Haein called him back.

“Why oppa?” asked Haein walking to Jaebum as Mark released his hug.

“I want to talk about something to you but if you an Mark hyung-”.

“Oh what is it about? Hahah Mark oppa helped me to chain my necklace just now. Let’s go talk outside” said Haein dragging Jaebum out but before that Haein winked to Mark which made Mark chuckles. When Haein and Jaebum reached outside the house, they took a sit on a bench there.

“So what’s the matter?” asked Haein smiled to Jaebum.

“Umm..just now..oppa read a news..about appa’s company”.

“Appa’s company? What happened?!”.

“Umm, what oppa think that..maybe after appa and eomma divorced, appa’s company becomes unstable, the article said that..appa’s company already bankrupt”.

“What?! How can it be? But..appa didn’t tell me anything”.

“Have you heard a father told their children his own problem moreover we’re not staying with him, moreover it’s about his company”.

“So..how’s appa doing now? I..I should call him. Appa must-”.

“What about we don’t disturb him for awhile since you said that when we back to Korea, you want to meet him”.

“But..I’m worried about appa..”.

“The article said again that..appa borrowed some money from his friend to save his company but failed and now appa have to pay back the money..but they said..appa hide somewhere else that his friend can’t even found appa. Oppa don’t want..you to meet appa because oppa worried if..his friend use you to bring appa to him. You know, like what always happened in drama” said Jaebum with shaky voice.

“But we should help appa because-”.

“How? How can we help appa? You have that much money to pay back all the money appa borrowed from his friend?”.

“But at least we have to..meet appa”.

“Oppa don’t allow you. You’re still under my care until you got married. Please Haein. Oppa don’t want you to hurt”.

“Oppa..I am big enough. I will just meet appa for awhile and then go home. Oppa don’t have to worry”.

“Haein..can you just listen to oppa? If you want to meet appa..at least not in this short time. This case just happened last week. Oppa don’t want you to involve in this problem. What if something bad happened to you? What if when you want to meet appa, appa didn’t appeared then when his friend found you, he use you to bring appa to him. Oppa love you, oppa don’t wanna loose you. Oppa only have you in my life now. I don't want you to hurt. Listen to me for this time. Please” said Jaebum while holding Haein’s hand. Haein sighed before slowly nodding.

“Don’t be stubborn please? Say to appa that you have some work to do for this short time” said Jaebum softly while caressing Haein’s cheek.

“But I miss appa” said Haein pouted.

“Wasn’t my face like appa?” asked Jaebum smiled.

“Can’t we both meet appa together?” asked Haein pouted again.

“Sorry but..oppa..still can’t forgive appa at all. Oppa worried if oppa meet him, oppa lost my temper. So..oppa better not meeting him” said Jaebum while Haein’s hair.

“It’s late already, you have to go sleep now. Oppa felt tired too. Tomorrow will be a long journey. Good night” said Jaebum pinching Haein’s cheek before went into the house. Haein then went into Mark’s room with sorrow face.

“What’s with that puffy face? Jaebum scolded you?” asked Mark softly but Haein shook her head and tell Mark everything happened.

“Oppa think that..what Jaebum told you to not meeting your appa for this short time is good. Because..it’s for your safety too. I don’t want something bad happened to you. You’re my baby girl” said Mark while caressing Haein’s hand.

“Okay fine..I will not meeting appa for this short time” said Haein smiled a bit.

“That’s my girl. Now let’s sleep ~”.

****

Next morning, they arrived at the airport.

“Mark, take care of Haein properly. Don’t ever fight with each other because papa already love Haein as my daughter-in-law” said Mr Tuan patting Mark’s shoulder and Mark just nodded.

“Haein, if Mark being naughty, just call mama. Take care honey ~” said Mrs Tuan caressing Haein cheeks which made Haein chuckled.

“I will mama. Thank you for take care of me this day” said Haein hugging Mrs Tuan when suddenly Haein cried.

“Haein..why?” asked Mrs Tuan as Haein sobbing.

“It’s..been so long I didn’t feel the love from a mother, hugging a mother even though mama wasn’t my real mother” said Haein while shedding her tears.

“Aww Haein don’t cry. I will be your mom, okay?” said Mrs Tuan smiled while shedding Haein’s remaining tears. Mark already told her everything happened to Haein’s family so Mrs Tuan understand why Haein being like this. Jaebum that was standing beside Haein also feel the same but since Haein has a soft heart, she easily tear up. For him, it’s better not having a parents rather than having a parents but didn’t care about them. After bid goodbye to Mark’s parent, they walk for emigration check. While waiting for the plane, Haein sent a text to her dad.

“Appa..Haein heading to Korea already”.

Second after that, Haein’s dad text back.

“Tell appa when you’re landed and appa will set the time when can we meet. Appa already miss my daughter”.

Haein just smiled looking at the text.

“You text appa?” asked Jaebum suddenly.

“Um..yes. Did oppa mad?” asked Haein softly.

“It’s okay. But..you didn’t tell him that you want to meet him right?” asked Jaebum which made Haein gulped.

“No..I just tell dad that we’re heading to Korea and I told appa that I’m busy this short time” lied Haein. Yes, she took decision to just meet her father without others knowledge.

****