CHAPTER 16

STAY BY MY SIDE

The next day, Haein woke up when the sunlight embrace her. Haein then look at the window to see Jaebum smiling cheekily.

“Oppaaa I’m still sleepyyy” groaned Haein which made Jaebum chuckles.

“Wake up sleepyhead” said Jaebum while poking Haein’s waist.

“All right, all right, I'm awake. Jamkkan (Wait)..how’s Mark oppa doing? He’s okay right? He called me last night that his leg hurt suddenly but he said that oppa accompany him” said Haein which made Jaebum annoyed.

“Yaa, you just woke up and you asked about him first? You should ask about me first. I'm your brother. Since when you care about him?” asked Jaebum.

“Of course I care. He’s my..” before Haein could end her sentence, Haein bite her lips preventing herself from continuing her sentence.

“Your what?” asked Jaebum but Haein shook her head.

“Im Haein, what secret are you hiding?” asked Jaebum while squinting his eyes.

“No, it’s..it's..”.

“Im Haein, don’t lie” said Jaebum cutting Haein’s words.

“My brother’s friend” said Haein which made Jaebum stop squinting his eyes.

“Jamkkan, you said that Mark hyung called you last night? He called you? Why he called you?” asked Jaebum.

“Ahh..because..ouch my stomach groaling oppa uhh I wanna take a bath and eat” said Haein before get down from her bed while walking towards the bathroom.

“Yaa, you freaking didn’t answer my question yet” said Jaebum annoyed but Haein ignored him. 

“Anyway, oppa already cooked for breakfast, get down when you’re done, okay!” shouted Jaebum and Haein hummed. When Haein done, she went down to the dining table.

“Oppa, where’s the others?” asked Haein to Jaebum as she can’t see the other members.

“We didn’t have schedules today, so they went out after took their breakfast” said Jaebum and Haein ohhed while take her sit in front of Jaebum.

“Haein-ah..” said Jaebum as Haein start to eat her food. Haein raised her eyebrow before Jaebum start talking.

“Are you fighting with Jinyoung?” asked Jaebum which made Haein stopped eating.

“Why oppa asked that?” asked Haein.

“Because Jinyoung was so not in mood yesterday and he left this house this morning without taking his breakfast” said Jaebum.

“Seriously? He..”.

“You know, he wasn’t like this before and when you start staying here, he became so active and cheer but yesterday, was not Park Jinyoung that I know. I asked the other members either they fight with Jinyoung or what but they said that they didn’t fight with Jinyoung so I bet you two fighting with each other since you seems close with Jinyoung too right” said Jaebum which made Haein bite her lip.

“You have something to say? Your face was like you’re hiding something” said Jaebum.

“Actually oppa..” said Haein fiddling her fingers and take a deep breath before continuing her words.

“..this necklace, was given by Mark oppa” said Haein caressing the diamond pendant at her necklace that was given by Mark.

“You lie to me?!” shouted Jaebum half-shouted.

“I don’t want other members know about this..because..Mark oppa..you know him..he don’t want others to know..”.

“Okay, okay I understand. But I want the reason why Jinyoung being..”.

“Because Jinyoung oppa know that this necklace was given by Mark oppa. You know right Mark oppa treating me so bad and Jinyoung oppa hate it, he’s annoyed to see Mark oppa being so bossy over me like I’m her maid. And Jinyoung oppa was mad at me probably because I wore this because what? Because this was given by Mark oppa, my enemy. I’ve told him that I hate Mark oppa too before. But you know, Mark oppa gave this to me, on my birthday. Should I just keep it just because I hate him, because he treated me bad? It’s..still kinda rude” said Haein staring at her food.

“You're trapped in love triangle or what?” asked Jaebum which made Haein widened her eyes, shocked with what Jaebum response to her explanation. Haein wasn’t expecting Jaebum will said that.

“Nonsense!” shouted Haein.

“Oh goshh, my little sister trapped in love triangle” said Jaebum laughed which made Haein bite her lip in anger.

“Oppa stop it” whined Haein as Jaebum keep teasing Haein which then Haein unchained both of her necklace and Jaebum shocked with Haein’s sudden action.

“I wore this just to appreciate them!” shouted Haein before left the dining table and left the necklace there leaving Jaebum shocked there. Haein went upstairs which she bumped with Mark.

“Baby..” but before Mark finished his sentence, Haein already went into her room which made Mark confused.

“Haein-ah oppa didn’t mean..hyung..” said Jaebum as he saw Mark outside of Haein’s room. But before Mark could asked Jaebum what happened, Jaebum went into Haein’s room before closing the door leaving Mark outside of the room puzzled.

“Was that sibling fight with each other? Aigoo, what I wish when I bumped with Haein is Haein help me went downstairs” whined Mark.

“Haein-ah, I’m sorry..oppa didn’t..”.

“I’m sorry oppa, I’m being so rude over you just now” said Haein without looking at Jaebum. Haein was sitting on her bed while hugging her knee. Jaebum then went to sit beside Haein.

“No, no..oppa should not tease you. Oppa know you so well. My little sister didn’t like it when people ” said Jaebum while holding Haein’s hand but Haein stay in silence.

“Eyy since when did my little sister being like Mark hyung?” asked Jaebum but Haein still stay in silence.

“So, let’s see what we can do today. I think I wanna buy new shirt. Wanna follow me?” asked Jaebum.

“Just go by yourself. It was like you haven’t do that before” said Haein which made Jaebum pouted.

“Haein-ah..you’re my only one sister I have. I don’t want to make you sad. Please. I want you to cheer up as always” whined Jaebum.

“Fine. Wait for a minute” said Haein get down from her bed to her wardrobe before entering the bathroom.

“I don’t know that Mark hyung can get such a beautiful present like this for Haein” said Jaebum while examining the diamond pendant at Haein’s necklace that was given by Mark.

“Did Jinyoung and Mark hyung love my sister?” asked Jaebum to himself as he stare at both of the necklace.

“If that happen..woo..that gonna be complicated..Haein love Mark hyung before but since she was fighting with Mark hyung, she hate him and Jinyoung close with her and now what’s happening? Jinyoung mad at Haein and Haein looked close to Mark now..aigoo..poor my..”

“What are you murmuring oppa?” asked Haein as she went out from the bathroom to see Jaebum murmured to himself.

“Nothing, kaja (let's go)” said Jaebum smiled.

“Where are you guys going?” asked Mark as Jaebum and Haein about to went out.

“Shopping. Hyung stay still okay. Or not, hyung won’t recovered” said Jaebum smiled cheekily before went out. Haein mouthed “Oppa annyeong” to Mark before went out from the house.

****

While waiting Jaebum to choose his shirt, Haein played some game in her phone when suddenly she received a text from Mark. A smile drawn at her face when she received the text.

“Baby girl, I’m bored..why you have to follow Jaebum?”.

“Aww poor him. Did oppa need anything? Food maybe?”.

“Oppa only need you”.

“Oppa geumanhae (stop it) aigoo. Don’t make me feel guilt. Oppa just rest at home, okay? The other members will be back soon. Eyy, before this, oppa can live without me tho”.

“Fine Haein. Have fun with Jaebum”.

“Aish, did he sulk again?” asked Haein to herself.

“Haein-ah, you don’t want any dress?” asked Jaebum which made Haein startled.

“Eyy what are you doing until you startled huh?” asked Jaebum chuckles.

“No, nothing” said Haein smiled.

“Haein-ah..are you hiding something?” asked Jaebum raising his eyebrow.

“Let’s eat. I’m hungry” said Haein grabbing Jaebum’s hand out from the store.

“You’re weird today, Im Haein” said Jaebum as they give their order to a waiter.

“Oppa, if one day..I..date with someone..”

“Im Haein..are you dating someone?” asked Jaebum a little bit shock.

“Eyy, no..I mentioned if I date someone right? Well if I date someone soon..will you mad at me? I mean..”.

“What makes by little sister happy, oppa will accepted it” said Jaebum smiled which made Haein smiled a bit.

“But oppa want your boyfriend must younger than me, handsome, caring, will not hurt my sister, love my sister more than he love himself..”.

“Oppa seriously? It was like..”.

“Oppa was kidding just now. Eyy, you talk like you already have someone to date. Who’s that lucky guy?” asked Jaebum smiled cheekily. Their food then arrived and they eat their food silently. After entering a few store, they went back home when it reach night. At home, they saw Mark was sleeping on the couch with television switched on.

“The others don’t want to wake Mark hyung up? They’re home already. Mark hyung must..”.

“Oppa it’s okay, let me wake him up” said Haein stopping Jaebum from waking Mark up.

“Ehh? Okay then. Oppa went upstairs first” said Jaebum and Haein nodded. Haein then kneel in front of Mark that was sleeping peacefully.

“Oppa ireona ~” said Haein with cute voice. Mark immediately wake up as he heard Haein’s voice.

“Oh baby girl. You’re back” said Mark while hugging Haein as he sit up.

“Oppa really miss me huh?” asked Haein chuckles.

“Oppa miss you. Why it takes so long for you and Jaebum to shopping?” asked Mark pouted before release the hug.

“Your back will arched if you sleep on the couch. You should rest in your room” said Haein while pinch Mark’s cheek.

“I waited for you, baby girl” said Mark pouted again.

“Aww poor him. I’m sorry. Jaebum oppa bought me many things” said Haein chuckles.

“Jamkkan (Wait)..where’s your necklace?” asked Mark shocked.

“You know, the necklace always tangled to each other and for not disappointing oppa and so Jinyoung oppa, I took off both” said Haein smiled cheekily.

“Just wear mine then. Took off Jinyoung’s” said Mark.

“Eyy, it’s rude” said Haein chuckles.

“Make sure to keep it properly” said Mark pouted which made Haein chuckled.

“Arasseo, don’t worry” said Haein while pinch Mark’s cheek. At the same time, Jinyoung that just arrived home saw what Haein did to Mark. Haein startled as Jinyoung saw them. Jinyoung acted like he didn’t see anything and immediately went upstairs.

“Did Jinyoung..”.

“Don’t mind him” said Mark smiled.

“What if Jinyoung oppa tell Jaebum oppa?” asked Haein.

“And it ease me. I don’t have to tell Jaebum that I want to date his lovely little sister” said Mark which made Haein squinted her eyes.

“It’s late already oppa, you need to rest” said Haein helping Mark to stand up. When they reached Mark’s room, Haein went to hug Mark.

“Good night” said Haein smiled.

“Haein-ah, you’re too small in my hug” said Mark chuckles while pinch Haein’s cheek.

“Sleep well okay” said Mark before closing his room door. After Haein went into her room to change her cloth, she went to the kitchen to make some warm milk. When Haein enjoying her milk, Jinyoung went to the kitchen and lean at the wall while staring at Haein but Haein still didn’t notice his appearance.

“So, you and Mark hyung was a friend now?” asked Jinyoung which made Haein chocked her milk.

“Could not you greet me first?” asked Haein while turning her body to face Jinyoung.

“I want your answer” said Jinyoung.

“What if I say yes?” asked Haein.

“Congratulation then. You finally got to be close with your lovely bias” said Jinyoung with sarcastic tone.

“Oppa..please..”.

“Don’t you remember how bad Mark hyung treated you?” asked Jinyoung raising his eyebrow.

“Oppa..it’s all past” said Haein walking towards Jinyoung.

“So that’s true that you’re close with Mark hyung already?” asked Jinyoung and Haein slowly nodded.

“That easy? He’s treating you so bad like you're paid to be his personal maid” said Jinyoung.

“So, oppa want me to hate Mark oppa like forever? He’s your hyung. Why not? He was just like the other members. Nothing special. Oppa can't stop me from being friend with who” said Haein.

“Gojimal. You love him. You adore him once ago. And being close with him now..”.

“Oppa..I treat him just like how I treat the other members. Same like how I treat you” said Haein. 

“And what’s next? Seduce him and plead him to be his girlfriend?” asked Jinyoung smirked.

“Oppa I don’t want to fight with you. I don't want to end our friendship. Please” said Haein but Jinyoung left her alone in the kitchen.

“Why did Jinyoung oppa being like that? Was it wrong if I'm close with Mark oppa?” asked Haein to herself before her tears falling through her cheeks.

****