CHAPTER 21

STAY BY MY SIDE

Next morning, Haein cooked for breakfast as usual. But this morning, Haein wasn’t alone. Mark was there too, helping Haein preparing for the breakfast.

“We don’t have to acting anymore” said Mark chuckles as he arrange the plates.

“Well yeah, but I still have a problem that I have to solve” said Haein pouted.

“Aww, I know you can do it. You’re good in saying and convincing people. Anyway, oppa and Jaebum planned something for you to have a chance talking with Jinyoung” said Mark smiled.

“Really? What is it?” asked Haein a little bit cheered.

“We didn't have any schedules today so we have free time. Jinyoung said he didn't wanna go anywhere so Jaebum asked him to accompany you to the supermarket to buy some groceries. At first, Jinyoung refused but then he agreed after Jaebum forced him because the other member including me have other plan to do. So it’s your chance to talk to him” said Mark smiled.

“Brilliant. But..what if Jinyoung oppa don’t wanna talk anything?” asked Haein pouted.

“Nag him. I believe he will talk to you. Trust me” said Mark and Haein nodded.

“But remember, you’re still mineee” said Mark while pinching Haein’s cheek.

“Ehey look at this couple” said Jaebum and Jackson as they reached the kitchen. Haein just smiled shyly.

“How do you live with your boyfriend almost a month in the same house without talking with each other?” asked Jaebum to Haein which made Mark chuckled.

“We always talked with each other actually. Just it wasn’t so obvious. But the week before we go to Shanghai, we didn’t talk with each other for a week. Well, because we always surrounded by you guys. But this is Mark oppa’s fault too. He don’t want to tell about out relationship because afraid of your tease” said Haein chuckles.

“How can hahaha. Mark hyung, you should really just tell us. Poor Haein can’t talk peacefully with her boyfriend” said Jaebum. The other members then reached the kitchen.

“Mama and papa cooked this?” asked Bambam which made the members stare at him weirdly.

“What? Haein is mama and Mark hyung is papa here” said Bambam which then made all of the members laughed while Haein and Mark just smiled.

“Told you already, their tease was no joke. Especially this two savage maknae” said Mark which made Haein chuckles. After they finished their food, the other members went out from the house while Haein and Mark was in Mark's room.

"I'm sorry because I can't be at home today. I have some work to do with Jaebum at our work place" said Mark holding Haein's hand while pouting.

"Aww it's okay. Do your work properly" said Haein smiled.

"Can you clean up my room for awhile? It's a little bit messy" said Mark chuckles which made Haein laughed.

"Okay, okay I will. Now go. I bet Jaebum oppa arrived already at JYP building" said Haein smiled. After cleaning Mark's room, Haein went to her room to get change before went downstairs to see Jinyoung was sitting on the couch, watching television, totally ignoring Haein.

“Jinyoung oppa, let’s go” said Haein which made Jinyoung turned to her and staring at her deeply before walking towards her.

“Don’t. Talk. To. Me. Even. A. Single. Word” said Jinyoung with a little bit high tone before went out from the house. Haein was really shocked and taken aback with Jinyoung’s word.

“I just want us to be like at the past.
I'm sorry of what I've done” said Haein in her mind. In the car they both stay in silence. Haein was too scared to talk with Jinyoung. When they arrived at the supermarket, Jinyoung went out from his car first followed by Haein.

“Oh God, please help me” said Haein biting her lip. In the supermarket, Haein picked the foods that was listed by Jaebum. When she done, she made the payment and Jinyoung helped her to carry one plastic bag while Haein carried two full plastic bags. On the way to Jinyoung’s car, Haein suddenly tripped over a stone which made her knee, elbow and chin meet the road. Jinyoung turned his back and shocked to see Haein. He then walk towards Haein to help her stand up.

“How can you tripped yourself? Yaa, you even bleeding. How can I answer this to your brother. Uhh and so your lovely boyfriend” said Jinyoung.

“You don’t have to say anything. I can handle this by my own” said Haein walking towards Jinyoung’s car, still carrying the plastic bags. She was so in pain right now because her knee, elbow and chin was scratched to the road causing it bleeding but since she want to be ego just like Jinyoung, she have to do so. Jinyoung on the other side wasn’t expecting Haein will said that. In car, Haein text Mark, asking him to go home now since she can’t bear to face this alone and Mark said he will come back home. Haein also said that she didn’t even talked anything to Jinyoung and Mark somehow disappointed but he can't do anything.

“Want to go to clinic? Your knee was bleeding. Your elbow too” said Jinyoung glancing at Haein.

“No need. It’s troubling you since the clinic was far from here. Mark oppa can treat me” said Haein without looking at Jinyoung. Jinyoung was taken aback with Haein’s attitude and made a fist while biting his lip in anger. When they reached home, Haein immediately grab all the plastic bags and went into the house which made Jinyoung felt guilt somehow.

“Haein looked mad. Duh Jinyoung you said you wanna be close with Haein yea even you know Haein was Mark’s but I can’t stand not talking with her. But you are the first one made Haein like that. You already know that they planned this for Haein and me to be like past where no fight between us” said Jinyoung raking his hair before went into the house. In the house, Jinyoung saw Haein was arranging the groceries in the refrigerator and rack.

“Need help? You should wash your wound first” said Jinyoung but Haein stay in silence.

“If he can be ego, why can’t I?” thought Haein and when she done, she walk pass Jinyoung and went upstairs when at the same time Mark arrived there. Haein that was halfway of the stairs went down back to approach Mark.

“Mark oppa!” shouted Haein while hugging Mark and she cried in his hug.

“Yaa Haein-ah, why are you crying. And what happened to your elbow? It’s bleeding. Don’t you realize it?” asked Mark while patting Haein’s back as Haein still don’t want to release the hug. Jinyoung on the other side was staring at them from the kitchen.

“Stop crying. Let’s go to your room and clean the blood” said Mark and that Haein release the hug. At Haein’s room, Mark helped Haein to wash her injured knee and elbow and so her chin.

“How can you get all this scratches, baby girl?” asked Mark as he wash Haein’s wound with water and soap which made Haein whined.

“It’s hurt oppa” cried Haein.

“If we didn’t wash it, there will be infection. Just a little bit okay?” said Mark softly.

“Oppa, it’s hurt” whined Haein again as Mark applied some antiseptic.

“You should ask Jinyoung to send you to clinic. And with that you have chance to talk with Jinyoung” said Mark as he put some plaster at the wound.

“Jinyoung oppa want to do so but I refused. If he can be ego, why can’t I right?” said Haein.

“But not until you hurt yourself. Look at you. Your forehead bruised, wounded because hit the edge of the table, and now your chin, elbow and knee. Don’t make me sick of worries” said Mark holding Haein’s hand.

“I’m sorry oppa. But seriously, I’m too mad at Jinyoung oppa. He..”.

“It was just like how mad you are onto me at the past right? Then the feelings can changed right? Same with you and Jinyoung. Jinyoung was my bestfriend. I don’t want my bestfriend fighting with my lovely girl” said Mark softly. Haein just looked down since what Mark said was true.

“Oppa didn’t mad at you. Oppa just don’t want you fighting with Jinyoung. Hmm, oppa have to go somewhere actually. And maybe I’ll be home a little bit late.You’re okay alone right?” said Mark and Haein nodded.

“Don’t move so much. You better go sleep. You must be tired” said Mark smiled. Before Mark went out from Haein’s room, he pecked Haein’s lip.

“I love you” said Mark smiled before went out from Haein’s room. When Haein lied her head on her pillow, someone knock the door.

“Mark oppa?” asked Haein.

“It’s..Jinyoung. Can I come in?” asked Jinyoung which made Haein shocked. Haein was arguing either letting Jinyoung in or no and ended up by let him in.

“Haein-ah..I’m sorry of what I’ve..”.

“Come here oppa” said Haein patting a space beside her, on her bed. Jinyoung then walk towards Haein and sit beside her.

“Jinyoung oppa, I’m..”.

“You see..can we just forget about what have happened. I mean..I acted so dumb. I’m mad at you because you’re being close with Mark hyung because I have feeling onto you and acted like you’re mine even though you’re not. Yes you can be close with anyone and even Mark hyung, your bias. I just..”.

“I’m sorry because I don’t realize your feeling onto me. You’re so caring onto me and even solve some of my problems and you always be there when I need someone. You’re just like my brother” said Haein smiled.

“I miss talking with you. I’m sorry because I’m being so ego” said Jinyoung looking down.

“I miss talking with you too. And also disturbing you when you do your work” said Haein chuckles.

“So..we’re friend now?” asked Jinyoung and Haein nodded which made Jinyoung smiled.

“Chukkahae (Congratulation)” said Jinyoung smiled.

“Huh? For what?” asked Haein confused.

“Your dream comes true. Being a girlfriend to your lovely bias. I hope both of you last longer. Actually I’m happy to see Mark hyung happy. He’s not being like himself in the past where he always being so serious. He’s a cheerful person now” said Jinyoung smiled.

“Ahh..that” said Haein chuckles.

“I guess I have to go now. I wanna join the members practicing since they said they wanna practice some new steps. Huh I think I can rest today. Jaebum said we have no schedules today but then this happened. You can stay alone here right? Or want me to bring you to our practice room?” said Jinyoung but Haein shook her head.

“I wanna rest. Besides, my knee still stinging” said Haein smiled.

“Rest well then” said Jinyoung smiled before went out from Haein’s room.

“Finally” said Haein smiled.

"But I wonder where did Mark oppa go? He didn't say that he wanna go for practice" thought Haein. When it reach evening, Haein woke up since she heard the members arrived home. When Haein opened the door, she shocked to see a guy wearing ghost mask which make Haein scream and that when the members rushed upstairs.

“Yaa, it’s me” said Bambam chuckles but suddenly Haein crying which made Bambam panic.

“Haein, Haein don’t cry okay I’m sorry for making you shocked” said Bambam feeling guilt.

“Haein-ah, it’s okay, it’s all past. Oppa is here” said Jaebum while hugging Haein that was still crying.

“It’s all past?” asked Jackson confused.

“Actually Haein scared with that kind of mask because..Haein once was kidnapped by a group of people and they wore that kind of mask” said Jaebum Haein’s hair.

“When is it? Then what happened?” asked Jackson.

“You know right that Haein and me entered different school when we’re in our secondary. Then when Haein was 15 years old and I’m 18 years old, appa transferred Haein in the same school with me. So we go and back to school together. One day, I have to help teacher so Haein waited for me outside of the school and it happened. Duh I was so panicked that time and the next day, police traced them and save Haein. Haein said that kidnappers was about to her when the police arrived there. That’s why Haein scared with that kind if mask. Haein even sick for a week” said Jaebum.

“Poor Haein” said Youngjae and that Haein release the hug.

“Okay Haein..I throw this mask, okay?” said Bambam before went into his room and went out without the mask.

“Mark oppa..eodi (where)?” asked Haein while shedding her tears.

“He’s coming back home a little bit late. You must hungry right. Let’s eat” said Jaebum patting Haein’s shoulder and went downstairs.

“Haein-ah, you’re okay?” asked Bambam smiled and Haein nodded while smiling.

“Sorry for making you shocked” said Bambam which made Haein chuckles.

“It’s okay Bambam. Well, I should control my self from afraid of my phobia” said Haein smiled.

“Haein-ah, how’s your knee? Elbow?” asked Jaebum while lifting Haein’s arm.

“Mark oppa treated me already. I’m fine” said Haein smiled.

“Aww what a caring boyfriend Mark hyung is” said Youngjae. That night, Haein went to living room to watch some drama while waiting Mark home.

“It’s 10 o’clock already. And it’s raining too” said Haein a little bit pouting.

“Haein? You’re not sleeping yet?” asked Jinyoung while sitting beside Haein.

“I sleep a lot today so I’m not sleepy yet” said Haein smiled.

“I guess someone miss her boyfriend already” said Jinyoung chuckles which made Haein chuckles.

“Oppa wanna sleep first. Good night and get well soon” said Jinyoung smiled before went upstairs. Around 11 o’clock, Mark arrived home.

“Mark oppa!” shouted Haein while running towards Mark.

“Aww you’re waiting for me?” asked Mark and Haein nodded.

“I’m sorry for coming home late. My brother was at Seoul for a little bit business so I met him” said Mark and Haein ohhed.

“Let’s go upstairs. It’s great to have a tight sleep when its raining” said Mark before closing the door and went upstairs followed by Haein.

“Oppa rest well” said Haein while hugging Mark as they reached in front of Mark’s room. Mark just nodded while pinching Haein’s cheek before went into his room. Haein went into her room as well but she could not sleep when she lied on her bed since Haein afraid of thunder. Mark on the other side was thinking Haein that was alone in her room. Mark knew that Haein afraid of thunder. He then decide to went into Haein’s room and since it wasn’t locked, Mark entered Haein’s room. Mark chuckles when he saw Haein was hiding under the comforter. Mark then joined Haein hiding in the comforter which made Haein shocked and about to scream but Mark quickly cupped Haein’s mouth.

“It’s me” said Mark chuckles.

“Oppa you’re here” said Haein a little bit whining before hugging Mark tightly.

“Oppa know my baby girl was afraid of thunder. Let me sleep with you tonight” said Mark which made Haein smiled. They then went out from the comforter before fall asleep.

****