CHAPTER 20

STAY BY MY SIDE

That night, they arrived at their home .

“Home finally!” shouted Haein cheerly as they arrived at their house.

“Rest well, okay. You must be so tired with the journey” said Jaebum ruffling Haein’s hair. Haein then went upstairs to her room and lie on her bed.

“Being a stylish kinda tired too. How they manage to handle their tiredness? It must be hard but at the same time it must be fun to have many fans” said Haein before sit up and look at her drawer.

“How about I wear the necklace that Mark oppa gave to me” said Haein before walk to her drawer.

“Where did I put it?” asked Haein confused since the box was out of nowhere. She keep searching for it but she still couldn’t find it.

“Seriously where did I put it? I remember I kept it in this drawer. This room wasn't so big too to kept it somewhere else” said Haein confused to herself.

“Please don’t tell me it’s gone” said Haein biting her lip. About half an hour she look for the box, she still can’t find it all over her room.

“It seriously gone..but how..Mark oppa..” said Haein while crying when suddenly someone knocked her door. Haein then shed her tears before opening the door. To her surprise, it was Mark.

“Oppa!” shouted Haein while hugging Mark which made Mark shocked and pushed Haein into her room before closing the door to avoid the other members saw them.

“Are you crying?” asked Mark while caressing Haein’s damp cheeks.

“Oppaaa..” whined Haein while crying more harder.

“Yaa, are you hurt? Who hurt you? Where? Someone beat you?” asked Mark while holding Haien’s hand but Haein shook her head.

“The necklace and ring that oppa gave to me was gone” said Haein crying before burying her face at Mark’s chest.

“How can it gone? Where do you put it? It must be somewhere here” said Mark while Haein’s hair but Haein shook her head.

“I’ve searched it everywhere, but I didn’t find it. I lost it, oppa” said Haein still crying.

“Hey, hey stop crying. It’s okay. I can give you new one” said Mark cupping Haein’s face.

“But I’ve promised to keep it properly. I loose it. I didn’t..”.

“It’s okay, We’ll find it together okay? Or I’ll just buy you new one. It’s okay, I’m not mad. That’s just a necklace and ring. You’re more precious than that things for me. It’s okay to loose it, at least I’m not loosing you” said Mark smiled but Haein still sobbing.

“Here, sit here” said Mark leading Haein to her bed.

“Stop crying. Your face looked ugly” said Mark chuckles.

“But oppa still love me right even my face was this ugly?” asked Haein which made Mark laughed.

“Of course I still love you” said Mark pinching Haein’s cheek which made Haein smiled.

“But seriously where is it. I didn’t took it out ever since oppa gave it to me. I put it..”.

“Yaa, just forget about it. Aren't you excited to see me here? If you really want it, I can buy you new one tomorrow” said Mark while pinch Haein’s arm.

“But..okay fine” said Haein pouted.

“Why are oppa here anyway?” asked Haein.

“Ahh, it’s nothing. I just missed you. I thought you were sleeping already” said Mark smiled.

“Eyy, oppa really wanna die? What if Jaebum oppa went into my room suddenly?” asked Haein raising her eyebrow which made Mark chuckles.

“I’m leaving now. Don’t cry anymore okay. I’ll buy you new one that was more beautiful and expensive but make sure to wear it, okay? Good night ~” said Mark before kissing Haein’s forehead and walk out from Haein’s room.

“I thought Mark oppa will mad at me. But seriously, where is it” said Haein still wondering where did she put the box.

“I better go sleep now. Who knows I got the idea in my dream” said Haein before went into the bathroom to brush her teeth and wash her face.

****

The next day Haein woke up when she heard an engine roaming meaning that the members already went out for practicing. She then went to bathroom before went downstairs.

“What did they breakfast for today?” asked Haein when she reached the kitchen but there’s nothing there.

“Did they didn’t take their breakfast or..ahh, they must take their breakfast outside” said Haein pouted. She then take decision to go outside for her breakfast.

“The cafe that I went with Youngbin oppa was pretty delicious too” said Haein before locking the door but before she start walking, a car honk behind her which made Haein shocked. She then turned her body and to her surprise it was Jinyoung.

“Jaebum forced me to pick you here and bring you to get your breakfast and bring you to our practice room” said Jinyoung coldly.

“If Jaebum oppa forced you, you can go back there. I can go there by myself if I want” said Haein without looking at Jinyoung.

“Don’t be stubborn” said Jinyoung grabbing Haein’s wrist as Haein turned her body and about to walking.

“I’m not being stubborn. I just don’t want to trouble you” said Haein trying to release Jinyoung’s hand.

“I’ve reached here already. It’s double trouble if you don’t want to follow me. I struggled to reach here from other place because I was about to reach JYP building when suddenly Jaebum called me to pick you since I didn’t arrived there yet and I have to make u-turn just to pick you but then you refused” said Jinyoung which made Haein gasp. She think that Jinyoung was sincere to pick her but when she heard what Jinyoung said, she know that Jinyoung was there just because Jaebum forced him. Haein then stare at Jinyoung that was already staring at her.

“If you think picking me is trouble for you why don’t you disobey what Jaebum oppa said? Why you still come here? You can just say no because you arrived JYP building already” said Haein with a little bit high tone.

“It’s because I still care of you and I don’t want to let you alone in the house without food and I don’t want you to go out alone” said Jinyoung soften his voice.

“I don’t need your care anymore. I’m just troubling you” said Haein which made Jinyoung gasp.

“I bet if Jaebum asked Mark hyung to pick you, you simply follow him right? Because what? Because he was your lovely boyfriend” said Jinyoung which made Haein widened her eyes.

“It’s true right that you’re dating with Mark Tuan?” asked Jinyoung smirked.

“Let me go! It’s none of your business!” shouted Haein trying to release Jinyoung’s grip and Jinyoung released it.

“Why Haein? Why are you dating him?” asked Jinyoung.

“I’m not dating him” said Haein but Jinyoung shook his head.

“It’s obvious. Mark hyung wasn’t harsh onto you anymore and he was so care about you” said Jinyoung.

“Prove it” said Haein staring at Jinyoung.

“He bought you new handbag, he know your allergy and he even bought you new phone” said Jinyoung smirked.

“The other members being nice with me too. The other members know about my allergy too. Not only Mark" said Haein but Jinyoung shook his head.

"Mark hyung won't treat a girl if that girl wasn't someone special in his life" said Jinyoung but Haein ignored him.

"Tell me why are you dating Mark hyung, Haein" said Jinyoung grabbing Haein's hand and Haein struggled to release his grip.

"Let me go" said Haein but Jinyoung still not releasing the grip then take a drastic action by hugging Haein which made Haein widened her eyes and tried to escape when suddenly Mark’s car came towards them.

"Yaaa yaaa why are you hugging Jaebum's sister like you're his brother? Let her go" said Mark pushing Jinyoung away from Haein. Mark then grabbed Haein’s hand and drag her into his car. Before Mark drive away, he took a glance at Jinyoung that was staring at him deeply.

“Haein-ah, why did Jinyoung hug you? Why? Are you guys fighting then he tried to apology? Or are you guys already forgive each other?” asked Mark but Haein stay in silence. Mark let her take her time but suddenly Haein cried.

“Haein-ah, tell me what happen. You guys fighting? Jinyoung scold you?” asked Mark worriedly.

“Jinyoung oppa..he asked me why did I date you, oppa. He forced me to tell the reason why I date you” said Haein a little bit sobbing.

"Just that? Then why are you crying like he's beating you or scolding you?" asked Mark.

"Oppaaaa. Don't be so annoying. I don't like people forced me to answer any question. It was like he's desperate to know. And it was like he really hate it when I'm dating you" whined Haein which made Mark chuckled without Haein notice.

“Ahh really? I think that he love you, Haein” said Mark with soft voice.

“What?”.

“You can see right how he react after he know that you’re being nice with me? And he distance himself from you after you’re close with me. He changed too. He being so serious like he’s not Park Jinyoung that I know” said Mark which made Haein just realized how care Jinyoung was onto her before but then when she close with Mark, Jinyoung changed.

“What have I do” said Haein looking down.

“Just tell him the truth. I believe that he will keep the secret. Say sorry too at him because you ignored his feelings. And if you talked harsh to him just now. You're a good girl right” said Mark while holding Haein’s hand.

“But you’re still mine even after you close with Jinyoung, okay?” said Mark pinching Haein’s cheeks and Haein nodded.

“So what you wanna eat for breakfast? You must be hungry right?” asked Mark chuckles.

“I know a cafe. Their food pretty delicious. I came there with Youngbin oppa once ago” said Haein smiled.

“Youngbin?” asked Mark.

“Ahh, I helped him once ago. I found a purse on the road and bring it to the police station when suddenly a guy said that purse was he’s and that when he asked me to receive his treat” said Haein and Mark ohhed. When they reached at the cafe and ordered their food, Mark take out a scarlet heart-shaped box and give it to Haein.

“Oppa, you don’t have to” said Haein as she opened the box.

“I want you to wear it. When the members asked, just tell them I gave it to you” said Mark smiled.

“Seriously oppa? So you want to tell them about our relationship already?” asked Haein cheered.

“Well, if they keep teasing you, I will” said Mark smiled.

“But if it’s hard for you, you can take your time. But if I tell Jaebum oppa to stop teasing me and you, he will asked the others to stop it” said Haein smiled.

“The ring..just wear it. I bet the members won’t notice it. In case they notice, just tell them that I gave it to you too and maybe I will tell them the truth” said Mark and again Haein smiled. Haein then examine the ring that have diamond on it and there, traced 'MarkHaein'.

“Aww, so sweet” said Haein chuckles to see her name and Mark’s name there.

“I have it too” said Mark showing his ring.

“So this is a couple ring?” said Haein chuckles. Mark then pulled on the ring at Haein’s ring finger and chained the necklace at her neck.

“Don’t take it off. It’s beautiful there” said Mark smiled while pinch Haein’s nose. When they finished their food, they drive to JYP building.

****

That night after dinner, Haein went into her room thinking either she should apology at Jinyoung now or tomorrow. She worried if she hurt Jinyoung’s feeling so bad. Not long after that, Jaebum trespass Haein’s room which made Haein startled and unfortunately fell from her bed which cause her head hit the edge of the lamp table.

“Oh my God, Haein!” shouted Jaebum panicked to see Haein fell from her bed and quickly helped Haein to stand up. To his surprise when he saw there’s blood at Haein’s forehead.

“Haein-ah, pi (blood) aigoo, mianhae (sorry). Oppa take first aid kit okay” said Jaebum after making Haein sit on her bed. After awhile, Jaebum came back and treat Haein’s forehead.

“Oppa, how many times I warned you to knocked the door first before entering?” whined Haein.

“Oppa wanna make surprise but oppa spoiled it. Sorry” said Jaebum pouted.

“Yes surprise and this was your surprise. Nice oppa” said Haein squinting her eyes.

“Anyway why oppa want to meet me?” asked Haein which made Jaebum smiled.

“Well, it’s been a long time we didn’t talk to each other right” said Jaebum fixing Haein’s hair. Jaebum then noticed Haein’s necklace and squinted his eyes.

“Im Haein, who gave you this necklace? This wasn’t given by Jinyoung and Mark hyung that they gave you on your birthday” said Jaebum which made Haein startled a bit but then she smiled.

“Mark oppa gave this” said Haein happily.

“Again? Where’s the previous one?” asked Jaebum confused.

“It lost” said Haein pouted.

“And you asked Mark hyung to buy you new one? Haein-ah, you should not do that. I don’t want he think that I can’t afford to..”. Jaebum couldn’t finished his words when Haein cupped his mouth.

“Oppaaaa ~ Mark oppa gave this to me not because I asked him. He gave to me as my present because I helped him a lot” said Haein chuckles.

“Haein-ah, since when did you wear a ring?” asked Jaebum holding Haein’s hand that she used to cupped his mouth just now. Haein then quickly pulled her hand, not expecting Jaebum will notice the ring.

“Uhh..it’s..”.

“Yaa, tell me. You’re dating someone? You don’t have any ring before plus, you don’t want to wear any ring before” said Jaebum pulling Haein’s hand back to examine the ring when suddenly he saw Mark’s name traced on the ring.

“Hae..Haein-ah..”.

“I’m dating Mark oppa” said Haein pulling her hand which made Jaebum widened his eyes. Jaebum then stand up and went out from Haein’s room while yelling Mark’s name.

“Oh crap, oppa!” shouted Haein chasing Jaebum that already went downstairs.

“Hyung! Did you really dating my sister?” asked Jaebum standing in front of Mark that was watching the television with the other members. Mark shocked with Jaebum’s sudden question before looking at his back where Haein standing like a statue. The other members was shocked as well with Jaebum’s word but not for Jinyoung. He knew it.

“Hyung, answer me” said Jaebum.

“So Haein showed you the ring already?” asked Mark while walking towards Haein to stand nearer to them.

“Uhh baby girl, what happened to your forehead?” asked Mark while caressing Haein’s forehead. 

“Baby girl?” said the other members disbelieve.

“I knew it. It's really true” said Jinyoung half-whispered to himself.

“Hey, I’m asking you, baby girl” said Mark again.

“I..fell from my bed and hit the edge of my table lamp” said Haein took a glance at the other members who still puzzled.

“How can. Be careful next time okay?” said Mark while kissing Haein’s wounded forehead.

“Hyung, since when?” asked Jaebum grabbing Mark’s arm.

“I confessed my feeling on Haein’s birthday” said Mark smiled.

“Crap. Haein-ah, why you didn’t tell me? No wonder Mark hyung bought you many things. I thought he was your sugar daddy” said Jaebum disbelieve but still chuckling.

“So, you don’t mind if I’m dating your sister?” asked Mark chuckles and Jaebum nodded.

“I believe you can take care and make my sister happy. It’s tiring to take care of her alone” said Jaebum pouted.

“Yaa, how dare you said like that” whined Haein which made Jaebum chuckled.

“It’s okay, you have me” said Mark smiled while pinching Haein’s cheek.

“Wait, what happened here?” asked Bambam confused.

“You stupid. Mark hyung was dating Haein ever since Haein’s birthday. It’s almost a month already” said Yugyeom.

“Congratulation hyung. Yaa I thought you really annoyed with Haein because you always bullied her. How can both of you keep this secret? You guys didn’t even always talk to each other” said Youngjae while the others nodded. Suddenly, Jinyoung that didn’t interested in what they were talking and was reading a novel throw his novel on the floor before went upstairs. They kinda shock with Jinyoung’s action.

“What’s with Jinyoung hyung?” asked Yugyeom.

“Probably he love Haein too” said Bambam which made all of them look at him.

“What? It’s obvious tho. Jinyoung hyung didn’t response anything and you guys can look how bad his mood was since the day after Haien’s birthday” said Bambam.

“I..should talk with Jinyoung oppa. I talked harsh at him this afternoon” said Haein.

“Let me accompany you. I worried if Jinyoung hurt you” said Mark holding Haein’s hand but Haein shook her head.

“I guess I can do it alone. Jinyoung oppa won’t hurt me” said Haein smiled.

****