Part 4: Park Sooyoung

Black Truth and White Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10 years ago, a child named Yook Sunjae was depressed. His mother was killed in front of him by a stranger, who was also killed by policemen. He has no choice but to live with his father who left them when he was still five years old.

At school, he is always alone. He doesn’t want to play with other children or even just to study. He just wants his mother back. Then he met Park Sooyoung.

            “Hi.” Sooyoung greeted. Sungjae just looked to her like she’s annoying. “My name is Sooyoung and I am 9 years old.” she continued. “Uhmmm, my favorite color is black. I love listening to any music. I also love to dance. And also pizza without crust.” She said even though she knows that Sungjae is not listening and doesn’t care about her. “Both my parents died in a car accident. I was left alone. My auntie doesn’t want me. I don’t like her either she’s strict. I was also alone and I miss my parents so much. But someone told me that I can’t cry every day. She said that ‘Your tears and sadness won’t bring him back. You can cry but not for forever. You have to live your life’. She’s my classmate when I was in grade 2. She’s so matured. You can’t stay like that forever you have to enjoy your life. I’m sure that’s what your parents want.”

            Silence embraced them after what Sooyoung shared. ‘This is so embarrassing.’ She thought while biting her lips. She knows that Sungjae will not say anything or will ignore her, because he hates everybody.

            “My daddy left us already when I was 5 years old.” Sungjae statement broke the silent. Sooyoung widened her eyes while looking at him. “I was stocked in a dark room, crying out loud but no one hears me. Thunder roared loudly and sirens approaching our house. But neither the police nor doctor can save my mother's life. Then someone broke my bedroom door and pulled me until we reached the living room. My mother came out and keeps on saying that let me go. Then gunshot passed through my ears, and my mother was lying there.  I hate everything. She doesn’t deserve to die. She’s so kind and lovely.” Sungjae’s tears fell down on his cheeks while sharing those stories. His body is trembling in ager and hatred. “If my father didn’t leave us. If…” then Sooyoung hugged him all of a sudden. “Don’t worry. Everything will be alright.” She said. And Sungjae cried out loud.

            After that day, Sooyoung and Sungjae became best of friends. They eat together. Play together and laughed together. Sooyoung made Sungjae moved from his life and gave some light for him. Everyone in the school is wondering if what Sooyoung did to be friends with the so-called Robot Sungjae. He won’t eat without Sooyoung. Won’t talk without her and it is like Sooyoung is the only person who can control Sungjae the robot. He even admitted that he likes Sooyoung and he will marry her someday.

            But nothing can stay forever. Sooyoung got adopted by a CEO of an entertainment. She transferred school and Sungjae was left alone again. Sungjae the Robot is back. He doesn’t talk to anybody and became rude again.

 

 

So-Hyun’s POV

            “...Your tears and sadness won’t bring him back. You can cry but not for forever. You have to live your life.’ Your grandmother said that to you?” Sungjae asked cutting my sentence.

            “Yes. My grandmother said that. Why?” I asked.

            “It...it just reminded me of someone.”

            “Who?”

            “Just someone. Don’t tell me your whole story. I am not interested. Just eat your dinner so that we can go home.” Cold as always Sungjae.

            “Okay.” I just eat her dinner. Then a girl shouted my name.

            “So-Hyuuuun!” I looked at the direction of that person who shouted my name. Omo! I widened my eyes while looking at her. I can’t believe it.

            “S-Sooyoung?” I heard Sungjae said it. What? Wait. “You know her?” I asked. He just looked at me and looked at her again.

            “So-Hyuuuuun!” she shouted again while running and approached us. She hugged me tightly and I hugged her back. “I miss yoooou!” She said. “I miss you too.” I said. We separated our body to have a normal conversation. “Where’s Da-Young?” she asked. “She’s practicing. She joined the Cultural Unit club.” She nodded as a response and to say that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter