Part 11: Confession

Black Truth and White Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So-Hyun’s POV

            I opened my eyes when I heard a gunshot. I saw my father holding a kid and a gun in the other hand. The kid shouted “Mommy!” while looking at the woman lying on the floor.

            Then another gunshot passed through my ears. Suddenly, my father fell down on the floor. I was shocked and can’t believe what I am seeing right now. I tried to reach my father but red colour covered the room.

            I am the only one who is standing there. My father is gone. The kid and his mother are gone.

            I tried to shout but I became mute. What is happening?!

            I heard kids singing a birthday song with the sea waves. I looked behind and I was in the sea shore. The sea was beautiful. It’s so relaxing.

            Then I roamed my eyes trying to find the kids singing birthday song. Then I saw myself. I was 5 years old and I am with a little boy. He gave me a necklace.

            My father called me and I ran towards him. But I can’t reach him. It’s like he’s being pulled by the sea. I keep on calling him. Shouting. But, I can’t hold him. Then suddenly, he was been killed by the police.

            “DADDY!” I shouted.

            I sat down on my bed and tried to catch my breath. It was a dream.

            “Woah! Are you okay?” Sungjae, who is now cooking, asked.

            I closed my eyes and tried to realize my dream. Well, I think I have to call Sigmund Freud for this.

            “Yeah, I’m fine.” I said as I opened my eyes. I realized that I was sitting on Sungjae’s bed; or my ex-bed. “What am I doing here?” I asked.

            “You slept there.” He answered while chopping a vegetable.

            “I did, what?”

            “You slept there.” He said and looked at me.

            “In your bed?!”

            “Yes.”

            “WHY?!”

            “I don’t know. I just saw you in a bar drinking alcohol and brought you here. I tried to put you in your bed but you’re too heavy.” Sungjae answered.

            “What happened yesterday?!”

            “I don’t know. You said that you have a date with your girlfriends, then at 8:00 pm, I saw you at CUBE Bar.”

            Okay. Brain, try to think. What happen?

            Sooyoung called for a date and Da-young and I are not busy so we met.

            We had fun. Window shopping and eating anything are fun for us. Then while having a rest Da-Young went to buy drinks, then Sooyoung talked to me.

*FLASHBACK*

            “So-Hyun, there’s something I want to share to you.”

            “Oh? What’s that?”

            “I liked someone. But that someone likes someone else. I really like…ah no, I love him.” she said. Then I realized it was Kyungsoo.

            “You like Kyungsoo don’t you?”

            “You’re really a psychology.” She said and smiled at me. “By the way, he’s your friend right?”

            “Uhm, yes?”

            “So-Hyun, will you help your best friend?”

            “Ah, but.”

            “Please.”

            “I’ll try.”

*END OF FLASHBACK*

            “That’s it?!” Sungjae said.

            I just nodded as a response and bowed my head. It’s embarrassing. Why did I drink alcohol?!

            “You must like Kyungsoo that much.”

            “Mind your own business.” I said.

            “But, are you going to help her?”

            “I don’t know.” I said. “You like Sooyoung, don’t you?”

            “Yes. So, don’t help her.”

            “That will depend on me. Why do you like her?”

            “When I was a kid, I am suffering from trauma and I’m an anti-social…”

            “That’s given.” I said cutting off his sentence.

            “I’m talking.” He said and looked at me.

            “Whatever. Just continue.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter