Part 17: This girl

Black Truth and White Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So-Hyun’s POV

            Finally, we’re hoooome!

            I lay down on our bed immediately and closed my eyes. I am still tired. “Aren’t you going to the school?” my roommate asked.

            “It is still early. We can use your motorcycle if ever I am late.”

            “Are you going to drive it?” He asked and lay down beside me.

            “You will.” I said and moved a little bit to give him some space. “I am tired. I don’t want to.”

            “Please?” I said and faced him. He faced me too and said “No.” “Please?” I said again with my puppy eyes.

            He looked at the ceiling and said “Stop acting cute. You are not cute.” And closed his eyes. I just pushed him off the bed. I HATE HIM! “OUCH! WHY DID YOU PUSH ME!?” He shouted.

            “Why did you lie down beside me?” I asked as I stood up.

            “It is my bed!” he answered.

            “No. You are just a ert!” I said and went to our bathroom to take a bath.

            I feel more comfortable around Sungjae. It is a good thing, right? I mean he’s my roommate after all. And he is also my friend right now.

            He’s a good robot.

            “Good luck with your final exam.” Our teacher said and left the room.

            Oh yeah, it is our exam week. Another sleep less week and hell week for me.

            I rested my head on my desk and closed my eyes.

            “So-Hyun, are you okay?” David asked.

            “Yeah. I just need to rest a bit. I am really tired right now.”  I explained.

            “Want to bring you to the clinic?”

            “I am fine. I am just going to rest.”

            “Are you sure?”

            “David, I am fine. Don’t worry about me.”

            “Okay.” And he left.

            Sigh. I am really tired. I think I am going to be sick.

            I closed my eyes while my head is resting on my desk. Then someone touched my forehead like examining my temperature.

            “David, I told you, I am fine.” I said and hold his hand to remove it.

            But that hand just held my hand and that person said “You’re sick. Let’s go to the clinic.” I widened my eyes when I saw that person. “Kyungsoo?”

            “Stand up. I’ll bring you to the clinic.” He said.

            “But I am okay.” I said and bowed my head and tried to pull my hand but he held it tight and said “No. you’re not okay. Don’t be stubborn.” Then he pulled me up.

            He just smiled at me and said “Let’s go.” And pulled me again.

            Kyungsoo…Kyungsoo…I want to stop…I want to say those words, but I can’t…right now, I am just happy. I am not being a good friend.

            “We’re here.” He said then we entered the clinic. “Excuse me? Hello? Good morning?” He said half shouted. “I think no one is here.” I said. “Let’s go back.” I added.

            “No, we’re going to stay here.”

            “But…”

            “Just sit down.” I just sat down on the bed and looked at him. “Just rest.” He added.

            Then he sat down on the sit beside the bed. I really feel awkward right now. Me with my crush, who also my best friend’s crush.  “Don’t you have a class?”

            “I texted my classmate, I told him that I am sick and going to stay here.”

            “But…”

            “Do you feel awkward?” he asked. I just nodded as a response and hid my face. “So-Hyun, I don’t care if you like Sungjae. I am still your friend, right? Besides, you are not in relationship. I still have a chance…right?”

            “Sooyoung likes you.” I said.

            “And I like you. I can’t control my feelings; you know that, ms. Psychology.”

            “Sooyoung is your childhood sweetheart.”

            “I just realized that I don’t like her anymore.” I just looked at him and stayed silent. “So-Hyun, Can I say the same?” he added.

            “Huh?” I looked at him questioningly

            “The thing that you said to Sungjae the other night.” I am still confused on what he is saying right now. “So-Hyun, Let’s date.” Then he smiled.

            I stayed silent as my heart beats faster. My blood rushes to my cheeks and I felt the hotness inside the room.

            I just looked at Kyungsoo’s smiley face. I want to say YES. Yes, let’s go out. But Sooyoung’s face suddenly flashed on my mind. I bowed my head and said “Sorry…”

            “I can wait for your yes. Don’t worry. I’ll wait. So, for now just rest and don’t think about it.”

            Sooyoung…Why do you like him? Of all people, why him? Why is it hard to choose between a bestfriend and crush?

          “Are you sure that you can?” Mr. Kaneki asked. “Yes sir.” I answered. “Okay but don’t push yourself okay?”

            I just nodded as a response and he left the room. I have a work today but they noticed that I am not feeling well.

            “Hey, So-Hyun, you know what? There’s a new waiter, and he’s super hot.”

            “Really? What is his name?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter