Because You Were Running Away (Soonhoon)

Seventeen one shots

"Hoonie-ah, Hoonie-ah, please wake up. We're going to be late to school" Wonwoo said as he tried to wake up Jihoon in the nicest way possible. However, Jihoon didn't even budge. He continued to sleep withought a care in the world, that is, until the rest of their housemates barged into the room.

"JIHOON!!!! WAKE UP!!!! WE ONLY HAVE 10 MINUTES TO GET TO SCHOOL!!!!!!" Seunkgwan yelled as he blared "Queen" by Son Dambi on his phone. The rest of the boys were yelling and shaking Jihoon in hopes of waking him up. Which, of course, did not end well.

"SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!!" Jihoon shouted as he finally woke up. All but one of the boys scurried out of the room as fast as they could so they wouldn't face Jihoon's wrath. Jihoon simply groaned and tried to go back to sleep.

"We're going to leave first!!!! We left breakfast on the table and lunch in the refrigaetor so remember to grab it before you go. And don't be late!!" Jeonghan screamed. He felt that it was his duty to act as the mom of the group and would often treat everyone as if they were his own children.

"Thanks hyung! We'll be out soon!" Soonyoung yelled back. He then faced Jihoon and wondered how he was going to wake him up.

"Hoonie-ah, you have to wake up or we're really going to be late school and you know that Mr. Kim doesn't go easy on people who are late" Soonyoung said to Jihoon.

Jihoon sighed and got out of bed. He would always listen to Soonyoung because he has had a major crush on the boy since the first day they met. Soonyoung just treated him differently than how other people treated him and he quickly fell for Soonyoung's cheery personality, good looks, and kindness.

"Good boy" Soonyoung said as he ruffled Jihoon's hair. Jihoon turned as red as a tomato and slapped a laughing Soonyoung's hand away from his head.

"Yah! I'm not a kid so stop patting my head!!" Jihoon said as he walked into the bathroom.

"But I can't help it. You look so cute like that" Soonyoung said. Jihoon simply slammed the bathroom door shut muttering how stupid Soonyoung could be sometimes although the blush on his face had gotten even redder if that was possible.

Seconds later Jihoon got out of the bathroom with the best pocker face he could muster (which was terrible since Jihoon couldn't act for his life) but Soonyoung didn't notice as he looked at his phone for the time.

"OH SHOOT!!!! WE HAVE TO GO NOW OR WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE!!!!!!" Soonyoung cried. Jihoon's eyes went wide as he scrambled around his room to grab his stuff and head to school. Soonyoung rushed downstairs to grab their lunches and their breakfast which they could eat on the way to school.

Luckily, they reached the school in record time and weren't late for their morning classes. Mr. Kim eyed them as they ran into the classroom when the bell rang but did not say anything.

Whew, that was close. Who knows what would've happened if Soonyoung didn't wake me up on time. Jihoon shuddered at the thought of his last punishment for coming late which was cleaning all the bathrooms on the first floor. Let's just say it didn't go so well and someone (meaning Jihoon) faced horrors no one should ever have to see in a school bathroom. Jihoon turned to look at Soonyoung who simply smiled and gave him a thumbs up, which made Jihoon blush on the spot.

"Ring, ring"

It was finally lunch time, but Jihoon couldn't see Soonyoung anywhere. That's strange, he thought. Soonyoung always waits for me so we could go eat lunch together. Then he remembered that the said boy had to attend a mandatory lunch meeting for his club to discuss the upcoming dance contest. Chan, Jun, Minghao, and Soonyoung had been talking about the competition nonstop since they had planned an awesome dance for the contest and were sure they were going to win.

Jihoon walked through the hallway until he heared Soonyoung's voice. He quickly hid behind the corner and saw Soonyoung with a very nervous girl. I thought he said he had a mandatory lunch meeting, Jihoon thought. Finally, the girl spoke.

"Soonyoung oppa, I've liked you for a really long time and I juast wanted to ask you if you could maybe go out with me?" the girl squeaked, the last part barely audible. Soonyoung smiled and opened his mouth to respond to his confession when he saw Jihoon out of the corner of his eye.

"Jihoon?" Soonyoung said as he tentatively reached out to his bestfriend. Jihoon didn't say anything and simply just took off running. Soonyoung was confused until he realized that Jihoon had probably heard the entire confession. Shoot!!! Soonyoung thought and he was going to run after Jihoon but then he stopped and quickly turned around to answer the perplexed girl.

"I'm sorry, but I can't accept your confession. You see, I have someone else I like so I can't go out with you" Soonyoung apologized and the girl simply gave a sad nod and turned to walk away. Soonyoung quickly dashed after Jihoon, but he had already lost sight of him. Where the heck could he have gone? thought Soonyoung. Then he remembered, The roof! He always goes to the roof when he's sad! and so Soonyoung raced to the roof. Sure enough, he found Jihoon quietly sobbing on the roof.

Soonyoung quietly walked towards Jihoon and sat beside him. Jihoon just continued to cry and Soonyoung wrapped Jihoon into a big hug. Jihoon was caught off guard and stopped crying.

"Why did you chase after me?" Jihoon sniffled, his voice barely a peep.

"Because you were running away"

 

So, this is my first one shot. I hope you liked it and please subscribe. If you subscribe and ask me to write a one shot then I will be more likely to write it. Also, comment down below if you want to know what happens to Soonyoung and Jihoon after this whole misunderstanding. Thanks!!!!