Chapter II: Holy ! This is Surreal!

Miraculous! Tales of Oh Wolf and the Liu Ladybug!

Miraculous! Tales of Oh Wolf and the Liu Ladybug!

Chapter II: Holy ! This is Surreal!

After Amber took her shower she inspected the insect kwami again. It seemed like an persistant little pest that would follow her wherever she went, nagging on about being some holder and whatnot. It gets really irritating when the ladybug continues to talk while Amber's taking a shower. Talk about invading privacy much? But it didn't seem to faze the kwami in the slightest. "Can't you talk to me once I've calmed down?" To believe Amber had lost it when Tikki (if that's her name) insisted her to wear the earrings, and she continued to deny them. Eventually, Tikki sighed in discontent, "Goodness, for a miraculous holder you sure are stubborn!"

"So? I have the right to deny jewelry as much as I please. Besides, it wouldn't fit with anything I wear." Amber may not be a fashionable person, but at least she's familiar with color. Tikki pouted, "Amber, this is serious! This isn't about fashion. There's evil lurking deep in this world that I sense. I sense that someone with evil intentions is using our powers to destroy not only your city, but rule the entirety of this world!" She exclaimed.

"... You're not joking, are you?" Amber should've figured by now that talking to a floating kwami she already lost her sanity. At this point, why bother denying anything else? The teenager sighed. "Okay, fine. I'll wear them, but only around nighttime, got it?"

"Well, you actually have to wear them all times, but this is an improvement." Tikki smiled. Amber on the other hand simply rolled her eyes in annoyance. "So, uh, what powers do I get?" The teen didn't exactly believe the whole "superpower" thing, but maybe she'll look cool within the process.

"I'm so glad you asked!" Tikki explained, "Every Ladybug gets a specialized yo-yo that can be manipulated into any weapon possible. It's your ultimate offense level! Then, you can purify evil at any time..." Wait, so all she gets is a stupid yo-yo? How lame. Suddenly, the thought of becoming a superhero didn't seem as appealing than before. Well, if she's going to deal with evil or whatever, better get used to talking bugs and looking like a polka dotted weirdo. Or maybe this is a really long dream, and then she'll wake up, get ready to train and practice.

Yeah.

"So Tikki, do I get to beat up criminals? Or is there some evil bad guy that I need to find?"

"Were you even listening?" 

Uh, no? "About villains...? I blanked out on that part." Tikki released a sigh, "Okay Amber," she began, "Being a superhero means carrying full time responsibilities of one. You must fight supernatural crime while hiding your identity. It won't be easy, but I believe that you can do it. If it makes you feel at ease I'll hide here until nightfall. That way you can process everything, and then experience being a Ladybug during the night." Everything is already surreal, and maybe she's looking at this at a comedic approach than serious. The tomboy shoved her hands into her pockets and release a light hearted sigh, "Tikki, chill, I'll commit to the test trial tonight. If it's awesome then I'll go with the flow. In the meantime, I gotta hang with my bros... Just um, don't make yourself visible." Oddly, she felt somewhat guilty for leaving the kwami.

Also, she didn't have anyone to hang with, either.

Amber returned home after six o'clock. She spent her hours at the arcade playing video games and Dance Dance Revolution until she gotten sweaty and exhausted. Went to the milk tea shop and bought a boba smoothie, then the music store to listen to some jams. Unfortunately, Jimin got no jams in his lines. Going home was rather a lonely experience to be frank. It's not fun being excluded because of difference, and it when nobody cares for sports. Oh well... 

Took a quick shower, then went to sleep without any thoughts of kwamis and jewelry and powers, all that type of junk. 

Amber slowly opened her eyes and released a soft yawn. She glanced at the electric clock beside her and realized it was around 11:30ish. Huh, didn't realize she'd wake up this late. "What a weird dream..." Haha, think it was something silly about being a superhero and whatnot. How weird! Figured sleeping would do the trick.

The girl slid off the bed before trekking past the other bedrooms. Sulli and Victoria share bunk beds, but at least they have more bedroom space. And besides, manager Lee-oppa has a wider room compare to all of them! Ugh, totally not the right mood to think sour. Amber sighed as she flicked the light switch on...

... Only to find a floating bobbleheaded ladybug hovering in front of her.

"Eeep!" Amber would've nearly screeched if it wasn't for the bug hushing her. Holy , this is definitely real! "Well, have you finally decided?" Amber couldn't get the chance to speak with Tikki moving closer. Two red wings foward, three human feet backwards. "D-d-decided what?" Okay, so sleep didn't cure away this bug, and apparently self denial isn't working either. Tikki folded her arms with a frown, "That's not going to work. Come on! It won't be bad, all you have to do is believe!"

"Shh!" Amber nearly peed herself from Tikki's incredibly high pitched voice. It's too cute for liking! "Ugh, okay, fine. Let me go relieve myself, and I'll... wear the earrings." Amber mumbled at the very end.

"Yay!"

After taking a quick piss, Amber snuck back quietly into her room and grabbed the tiny jewelry box hidden beneath the pillow. She wasn't sure if she was insane or not, but if so, she concluded writing a letter to her family back in the States explaining the situation. But then again, telling your family about the horrible diet restrictions, rigorous exercises, homesickness and possible sanity defects that includes witnessing talking bugs isn't going to help anything. It won't reach the goal of being the best! And Amber cannot give up now. She opened the box, and with great reluctancy took the polka dotted earrings out of the cushion and slowly placed them in each ear. After pinning the edges with nicklebacks, Amber silently ( but diligently ) returned to the bathroom. At the moment her large black t-shirt and gray shorts conflicted horribly with the red earrings. In fact, her short rowdy black hair covers the earrings, "Tikki, like, I look freaking stupid. There's nothing attractive about this, at all." Her face doesn't match, her body outline... Like, nothing, nada, not fitting with these red sores for earrings.

"Relax Amber," Tikki sat herself on Amber's narrow shoulder. "Just because you're not naturally feminine doesn't make you beautiful. This is the first step in appreciating beauty as it is."

"Why can't you give Krystal these earrings? I mean, I don't even fit superhero material." To be brutually honest, Amber always concluded nobody would ever find her beautiful. Hero, no hero, or just being herself, everyone thought she's an average ugly girl. "Because Krystal wasn't assigned for the job, Amber. You are. But you have to try... Do you have anywhere to leave the building?" Huh? Weren't they just talking about beauty? Amber blinked. "Uh, yeah. I have a window which leads to a fire escape. It's in my manager's room, though. Then I have the main exit, but my manager is strict aboout us going out at night."

"You're manager is out the dorm. He won't be back until one thirty." Amber immediately grew confused. What does Tikki mean by that? Amber opened , but nothing seemed to fall out. "Okay. So, fire escape?"

"Yes."

. . .

Amber knew the moment she entered manager oppa's room, escaped through the window amd carefully lowering herself down a fifteen foot apartment she's truly lost it. Oh yes, this screams DEEZ NUTZ! On an infinite level. At least on the back section of the dorm, or else everyone would witness her stupidity. The tomboy plopped to the ground with ease, and she glared at the little red kwami bug.

"Okay, now what?" It's probably already 12:00 o'clock midnight. "Now say, "Spots on!" And I'll be into the earrings and bestow you Ladybug powers!" Tikki seemed to be excited about this. Amber on the hand just wanted to hide back in her dorm. Talk about absolute embarrassment...

"Fine. Tikki, spots on!" Tikki flew towards Amber in a red blur before a bright flash filled Amber's vision. 

Red flourished around her limbs, and her nimble fingers brushed across her cheerful eyes and felt fresh energy renewing her body. Peace! Amber blinked when she found herself making the peace sign. Like, what?

Wait. 

WAIT. This didn't just happen, did it?! Amber could feel tight spandex covering her entire frame. Red, black and specks of silver polka dots decorated her body. Heck, even her hands are encased in red spandex! The girl immediately touched her face. A mask?! Holy , this is surreal!