Helpless

Miraculous! Tales of Oh Wolf and the Liu Ladybug!

Miraculous! Tales of Oh Wolf and the Liu Ladybug!

Helpless

A/n: Hi everyone,

I want to apologize for not updating till God knows how long. I've been a little out of it for a while know, and I'm sure the lack of interest contributed to the unnecessary hiatus. I'm going to go ahead and post this chapter, and find another subject to write about. Thanks.

 


 

Rejection isn't the best feeling to experience.

The slow deterioration of persistant hopes and dreams, lost into an abyss of prolonged sadness that one cannot seem to escape. Even so, she continued to hope that one day her hidden affections will be returned. There's an inkling within that he must feel something inside. Something warm, a funny feeling whenever he looks at her. A strong gaze of protection, a confirmation that there's nothing to be afraid of whenever he's near. 

Why?

Why did she have to form these unnecessary feelings? Her guardian warned her of the dangers when having potential relationships. Furthermore, she did not need anyone getting hurt due to her ridiculous emotions. But she can't help it. She can't. She promised it was only admiration. A platonic, sisterly love she can maintain while keeping the relationship as partners to prevent crime. He was her shield and she was his sword and together they became unstoppable. It's been like that for a year now and she has yet to truly understand him. Hell, she doesn't even know his real identity! How can someone fall for an individual who is nothing more than a mystery? Damn it all.

Liu Ladybug.

She brings hope and faith to the downcast, and cannot suffice her own crumbling faith. And so, she ignores it. Bury it deep within the subconscious of her mind and pretend that everything is normal. She tries to withdraw her constant looks at him, but it's difficult not to observe the beatifully crafted statue for a super human being residing at the edge of the building. Knees bent, her partner peered below the busy streets sparked with nightlife and colored lights. Hoodie overshadowing his silver hairline and ears, his golden eyes remained rather unreadable.

Something changed.

Ever since she told him about her growing affections, well, it became awkward. Her partner wasn't naturally affectionate, nor preferred to be touched in general, but now they're like... strangers. Whatever disagreements they have, her partner grows rigid and distant, and then disappears.

"Oh." He simply said. Afterwards, he told her that nothing would work out, and it's best to remain reasonable co-partners.

She's now blaming herself for causing this. 

It didn't matter whether or not he liked her, but she always enjoyed his company. And now it's all ruined because of her.

. . .

He can tell something changed since that night.

It was weird because he was only being honest with Ladybug, not her. And yet the next day, he knew something was off when Amber didn't bother to greet him at school that morning. Why does it feel like he... he rejected her? They are two separate people, but something about her posture, the gloom expression pooled in Amber's eyes reminded him so much of Ladybug's heartbroken expression. He wasn't too fond of Ladybug's sorrow because it made him feel guilty. But it's true: it's dangerous to date superheroes. Especially where many criminals can use any relationships against him. He have seen too many webtoons where significant others died in the name of revenge. He didn't want that to happen, and besides, he never liked Ladybug anymore than a valuable friend and partner. Perhaps it's his natural attractiveness that had her drawn to him. Either way, it's for the best. 

"Uh, hey." He tried to garner her attention with a simple wave. Amber glanced at him, and looked away.

Something within him cracked. He quickly walked towards Amber in confusion, "H-hey, what's the matter?" It didn't matter if she was a few years older than him, he cared about her just as much as anyone else. The girl didn't bother to look at him, instead released a long sigh. "Look, it's nothing. Just something stupid stuff I'm dealing with, but I'll be fine. I'm promise." But she didn't look at him when she said it.

He frowned.

"Come on, don't be like this. We've been friends for a year now and you should be able to tell me what's wrong." Unlike Ladybug, there was something about Amber that drew him closer towards her. Whether it's her boyish smile, or her frequent dedication towards dancing, her unfailing faith in him whenever he's down, he knew there's was a spark within him that cannot be extinguished.

"Sehun, it's a lot complicated than you think."

"Oh really? Try me. I expect to see you after school with this." He left to reach his class with numerous of thoughts running through his mind. He'd hoped Amber was alright, that maybe she would have the courage to explain to him what's wrong. He hated seeing her so distressed. After school, he waited at the gate for Amber patiently. If he could, he would wait until next week to see her happy face. But instead, a huge frown was plastard on Amber's small face. "Well?" He wanted answers. He wanted resolution to this prolonged problem. Moreover, he never realized how much it bothered him seeing Amber upset until now. Why did his emotions become strange? He was perfectly content with a stoic perspective on life, but it all changed ever since he met Amber.

"... I'm just in a dark place. I can't-" And suddenly, Sehun's world crumbled.

Amber burst into tears. A sobbing, shivering school girl mess as her ugly sobs tore through her petite frame. Sehun went blank for a moment, witnessing the scene unfold before him. Why his mind took a exactly fifteen seconds to compute that his friend, his hidden crush, is crying is beyond him. Immediately, Sehun dropped his pride, his reluctancy, to engulf Amber in a gigantic hug.

"It's okay Amber, it's okay."

"N-n-no it's n-not. You- you won't ever understand."

"Come on, let's get some bubble tea." Here they are sitting at the milk tea shop trying to address the issue. Only problem is that Amber is avoiding it... "Amber, you need to tell me what's going on." He wanted to help her in some way, not pushed aside like a bystander. Unlike his alter ego, he can't save Amber from her emotions and real life problems, but he vowed to always protect her. 

"Sehun, I... thanks." Amber tried to settle with peach tea while his was taro. She sipped on her drink carefully, looking out the window as her mind was preoccupied by something. After a few minutes, Amber told him something had happened.

"It's something really... bad."

"Did... did someone hurt you?" He can see the hesitation in her eyes- tears brewing in those eyes. Sehun can feel anger flaring inside his veins as he kept silent, trying to give her the respect to finish. However, he would be lying if he wasn't enraged at the thought of someone deliberately hurting Amber. Damn bastard. If I wasn't good then I would deliberately find you and murder your . He shouldn't be dwelling on murderous intent when Amber's practically confession her deepest hurts to him.

"Y-yes."

"Who? Tell me and I'll find this person-"

"And what, Sehun? What can you do? You're just a high schooler. You can't- it's not worth it. You won't understand what's really happening around me."

"Why won't you trust me? Why do you always hide?"

"Because it's for your protection, Sehun. If only you... knew."

"Then tell me, damn it!"

"I want to. I really want to, but I can't. I can't."

"But I want to protect you, Amber. You're my friend." And I am falling in love with you. , why is he thinking this? Amber shook her head with a weak smile, "Just support me as a friend. I'll take whatever support you have, and cherish it. As of right now, I... I feel so weak, so helpless and hopeless that I wonder why can't I help anyone?"

"That's not true. You probably helped dozens of people everyday without realizing it."

"I wish I could believe you, but I have created a huge problem that's irreversable."

. . .

After another distant patrol with Ladybug, Wolf decided to stay out a little longer and find any pestering criminal stirring up trouble. Weren't many, but whatever few he found interrigated each one with any affiliation with Amber Liu. Unfortunately, none of them had any idea who she was. Of course, he pummeled them (not too harshly) before tossing them in the Seoul county jail. Okay, so there weren't current baddies who harmed Amber, thank goodness, but the unsolved mystery is plaguing him to madness. Within this instant, Wolf charge through the streets to find her.  He's certain she's at the dorm, presumably asleep in her bedroom but he has to check. 

And there she sat on her bed, crying her poor eyes out. It was dark, and a few girls huddled around Amber while the poor girl cried. Never before had Wolf felt so miserable until now. What had happened? Why is she crying? Why won'tshe tell him anything?! Everything felt so damn fustrating, and he can't do anything but to watch helplessly as she cried.