EPILOGUE

Make Me A Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“And so it was the best thing that had ever happened to my life that I can’t believe that I haven’t thought about it sooner,” Dara was saying as she stared out in a distance with a sappy look on her face. “But then again, I think that it happened at the right time. You know… he is really very romantic… though he’s a total idiot in expressing them but that is exactly the reason why I fell inlove with him.” She tittered as she remembered that very special moment. “I just really thought we’re just going to spend time together at the yacht. You know at your anniversary party but….” She lifted a hand to show the ring on her left finger with a big diamond. “He proposed to me at the minute the fireworks shot up in the sky. It was just so….” She sighed dreamily as she looked at her ring. “In that moment, I felt like it was just the two of us in the entire world. I thought I was supposed to buy the ring because he tricked me into asking him to marry me and it never even crossed my mind that he had something else planned.” She grinned widely. “And right after your anniversary party, he brought me to this beautiful place that I didn’t even know existed and my family were there and my friends and his family, his friends…. They were all there waiting for us. I can’t believe he orchestrated the whole thing and I’m totally clueless. I used to be very shrewd, you know. And then, he just announced it. She said Yes.” She chuckled daintily covering with her hand as if she’s afraid of squealing like a little girl. “And everybody cheered. I was so overwhelmed. I was crying. I….” She shook her head unable to find the words to express the feeling that had felt at that time. “I’ve always dreamed of finding the perfect guy for me. I have always imagined how he should be. I have already created our beginning, our journey, even our end. Everything is set ideally in my head. And he definitely do not fit what I had in mind and yet… he is exactly what I have always dreamed of. Of course, he’s not perfect. No one is and he had a lot of flaws.” She nodded as she continued. “But his flaws complements mine. I mean… we are not the perfect couple and we do fight and argue all the time but at the end of the day… none of that mattered. Whose fault it is… why it started….

 

He’s very understanding and considerate. Contrary to my impression the first time I have met him. He’s stoic, looking serious all the time, he doesn’t even how to be tactful enough to lessen the blow, y’know… but beneath all that is a very… kind and generous man. I feel like I’m the luckiest woman alive to have found him.” She looked at the woman sitting behind the table. “And I found him through your company. Though of course it’s not really him but it’s still the same and I’m so glad his friend catfished me.”

 

The woman behind the table just gave her an awkward smile and looking like she doesn’t know why this woman suddenly just came into their corporate office to tell the story of her lovelife. “That’s… great…,” she just said.

 

“Like you have no idea how much your app had helped me find my one true love,” Dara continued putting a hand on her chest for emphasis. “I used to look at dating apps as something really embarassing but… Make Me A Match really does come through for you and I would definitely recommend this to every one of my friends. Who’s not yet married, of course. Wait. All of my friends are already using the app.” Then she shook her head to clear her throughts from rambling. “Anyway, I came here just to terminate my account with Make Me A Match. My—” she tittered at the next word. “—fiance—” she couldn’t get used to that but it sounded so good. “—doesn’t want me using the app nor does he want my profile to be in the app. He’s very obsessed with me and he wants to keep me all to himself. He said he already terminated his account with you so he wants me to do the same. So anyway… anything I need to do to completely delete my profile?”

 

“Uh….” The woman went to her computer to look for the account that Dara had gave. “It shows here that you already deactivated.”

 

“Yeah I did but he wasn’t satisfied with that. He wants my profile to be deleted. He’s afraid I would actually go in back again.”

 

“Ah,” the woman said in understanding. “Of course. It’ll be no problem, Miss Dara.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

The woman made some clicks on the mouse before turning the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter