Chapter 18

Make Me A Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara grunted as she slowly woke up then covered her eyes with the blanket as she turned away from the blaring light that seems to fall right at her face. She let out a contented sigh as she felt herself slipping back to her dream but subconsciously making a note to always close the curtains on her window before she go to sleep at night so she wouldn’t be woken up by the sun’s rays beating her eyes open.

 

Right in the midst of her slipping into unconsciousness did she only realized… wait. The window of her room is at the center wall where her study desk is placed against… and her bed is at the corner for the exact reason that she doesn’t want to wake up prematurely because of the sun’s rays when it rises…. Her eyes slowly opened then removed the blanket from her face as she sat up, squinting as she looked at where the light is coming from. Ow, my head hurts. Her hand automatically went to her head as she saw the white curtains from the open balcony billowing from the morning breeze—balcony!! Her room doesn’t have a balcony.

 

Her squinted eyes turned wide and with her hand on her head, her eyes moved to survey the sorroundings.

 

She’s inside a wide room in black and white monochrome, a big flat screen TV on the right corner with a long fancy black sofa across from it, a desk with a—Woah, is that an iMac?. Dara slowly turned her head to look around. Everything is mostly in white. Am I dead? Is this heaven? She had been sleeping in a king sized bed with white fluffy pillows and white fluffy blanket…. She had felt so at peace—except for the headache. Did she got shot or… ran over last night? Did she drunk drive which caused her death?

 

Dara closed her eyes as she reprimanded herself for being so ridiculous. Get your brain straight, idiot. You are obviously not dead. Just hung over.

 

Then she gasped as she tried to process everything, her hands clutching the blanket as she looked around again.  Okay, so If I’m not dead, where am i? What happened? What the hell! Yes, she knows she drank last night because she was dumped, that much she finally remembered. She paused then hastily checked herself and gave a sigh of relief when she found herself fully clothed underneath the blanket. Okay, so I didn’t end up resorting to a one night stand. That’s good. She closed her eyes  as she felt the headache starting to get stronger, her panic forgotten. Damn. She really shouldn’t drink anymore! Didn’t she already promised not to drink anymore because of the aftermath?

 

She threaded her fingers on her messy hair grimacing at the headache and got off the bed. It’s a really nice room. Very clean and tidy compared to hers and zero clutter. Dara knows she should be freaking out right now and thinking about how she finds herself waking up from someone else’s bed inside someone else’s house but as long as she is unharmed, still in one piece, she’s gotta thank whoever had been nice enough to let her sleep in their own bed. Maybe the panic will come to her later.

 

She smoothed her hair wondering if she could ask whoever is in this house for some aspirin or pain killer or something then she caught sight of a small framed photograph near the bed side table, partially obscured by an open laptop. She reached for it curiously and her eyes widened as she looked at the man in the photo wearing a black suit looking very elegant and serious.

 

Piece by piece, the recollection hit her in a messy order and she gasped loudly putting a hand on , staring at the photo of Lee Donghae in utter horror.

 

You’re already drunk.

 

I don’t want to go home!

 

I have a high alcohol tolerance.

 

You’re really cute. I have like, a big big crush on you..

 

I’m always thinking about you even when you are a big .

 

I don’t want to die a !

 

Please have with me tonight.

 

“Oh my goooood.” Now the panic is setting in as she remembered bits and pieces of what she did last night. And what she said.

 

What the hell was she saying last night?! Was she crazy?! She immediately returned the frame on the desk and paced back and forth anxiously trying to recall what else… what stupid things she said last night. Oh my god! Panic is full blown now as she finally remembered Donghae sitting beside her at the bar telling her she’s already drunk and she already had enough…. And the way she begged him to take her last night.

 

 She covered her face in shame, embarrassment and horror as she prayed to the gods to be struck by lightning right now. There is no way she would ever live that down! She punched the air in distress wanting to cry as the memory of last night is starting become lucid. She practically seduced Lee Donghae! Oh my god!! After he rejected me, I seduced him. I insulted him for being callous and then I begged him to have with me. Oh god, KILL ME NOW!!  Her distressed eyes fell on the open balcony. Maybe she should just jump out of there.

 

She practically ran to the balcony but saw, in total dismay, that it is actually not a house but a building! It’s too high! Oh god, why me again? How many times do I have to humiliate myself in front of Lee Donghae! She went back to the room looking around for some escape route because committing suicide isn’t exactly what she had in mind. Yet.

 

Hell, if there is a fire exit, she would rather go there than face Lee Donghae. I practically him last night! Oh god. Ouch, my head. She put a hand on her head again, clutching a handful of hair and wanted to rip it out of her frustration on everything that is happening in her life.

 

I was dumped and then I practically assaulted the guy who rejected me. Can you spell Desperate?! Hoh my god. I need to kill myself! Where the hell are my shoes? Dammit!

 

After unsuccessfully searching for her shoes, she decided to just take the bedroom slippers she found at the door. She inhaled deeply, gathering her courage. What would she say when she came face to face with Donghae? Nothing. Because I won’t face him. I can’t! She looked up at the ceiling as she pleaded. God, just this once. Please hear me. Just one request! Let me leave without seeing Lee Donghae. I have already made a fool of myself in front of him one too many times and last night was by far the worst! So I beg you, have mercy on me. Pleeeeaasee!!!

 

Pursing her lips and hoping that the heavens had heard the sincerity of her prayers, she slowly turned the knob and carefully peeked out. Her gaze met the spacious living room that is also in monochrome and clutter-free. And no moving bodies or living soul. She slowly tiptoed out, craning her neck right and left and to the front. She could hear faint movement from somewhere, she guessed that’s where Lee Donghae might be but she doesn’t want to find out where. Her waist halfway bent, she tiptoed in haste trying to find the exit, looking around, plastering herself on the wall when she hears another noise and then continuing towards the door she had spotted when she turned the corner. Yes, definitely the exit. She almost gasped when she saw the wood partition that separates the dining room and through the slats, she saw someone’s back and immediately jumped back to get out of plain sight.

 

She can recognize Lee Donghae’s back anywhere! Dammit. Her heart beat rapidly against her chest from anxiety and nervousness. It is really his house. She had slept inside Lee Donghae’s house after she ually harrassed him. Let me get out of here in peace. I’ll deal with this once i get my head under control. Maybe I should use the Twin card and deny that it’s me. Aish!! in a lot of breath after a minute, she crouched down and peeked on the slats. Lee Donghae seemed to be busy doing something from the counter, his back facing the way to her freedom.

 

Now’s the chance! Still crouched down, she took slow several steps, her eyes still on Donghae in case he would turn and then silently sprinted towards the door. Yes! She reached the knob ready to fling it open and run like her life depended on it but when turned the knob, it didn’t open. She tried again and again, panic rising in her, not caring about the noise she is now making as she tries to budge the door open. No no no no no no no!! Lemme out!!!

 

“The door has a password,” a voice behind her said.

 

She whirled around, her back going flat against the door in full defense mode as she looked at Lee Donghae standing there with a plate in his hand. Her face flushed as she realized that he might have been standing there for too long watching her try to break his door open. Be calm. Be… nonchalant like… you don’t remember anything that happened. “What is the password?” She managed to ask through held breath.

 

Donghae studied her before he smiled and her heart started pacing at that very rare sight. Dammit! Stop it! She reprimanded her stupid heart.

 

“Have breakfast first before you leave,” he told her nodding to the plate he was holding which Dara realized are strips of cooked meat.

 

“No, I’m not hungry,” Dara responded firmly. “I need to leave. Open the door.”

 

“It’s just breakfast, Dara,” Donghae said. “You haven’t eaten last night.”

 

Last night! That word. “I don’t remember anything about last night,” Dara immediately responded sounding so defensive.

 

Donghae’s face looked amused.  “You were drunk, I guess that’s understandable.”

 

Dara didn’t respond wondering if Donghae is just indulging her sorry excuse of being drunk. “Just open your door, please.”

 

Donghae let out a sigh before striding towards her and Dara thought he will open the door for her now so she moved out of the way but Donghae followed her and he’s standing way too close that Dara had to hold her breath. Using a fork, Donghae placed the strip of meat in front of . “Have a bite.”

 

Dara glanced at the meat glazed with something then back at his face. Why does she feel like this is suddenly so sensual? Oh god, stop it, Dara! Are you crazy?! She needs to schedule a brain transplant soon. She hastily took the fork from him and ate the meat. There? You happy? But instead of telling Donghae that, the taste of the meat made her realize how hungry she was and her stomach made a low grumbling sound in agreement.

 

Donghae smiled and took a step back. “Have breakfast first and then I’ll let you leave.”

 

This is really delicious, Dara thought but what Donghae said made her stop munching. She narrowed her eyes at him as she had all but snapped a response. “Let me leave? Who are you to tell me I can’t leave?”

 

“Why do you sound so grumpy?” Donghae asked curiously. “Are you always like this in the mornings?”

 

It made Dara pause. Oh, I didn’t realize I sounded so irritable.

 

“And I think I deserve a few minutes of your time,” Donghae added. “After you… what was the word?” He looked up at the ceiling pensively before he looked at Dara again. “...mauled. After you mauled me last night, I think I deserve to talk to you for a few minutes.”

 

Dara in her breath and she completely forgot about using her Drunk or Twin card excuse over the mention of her actions last night. “Excuse me?!” The blood rushed to her face as she tried not to feel too ashamed over what she did even at her drunk state.

 

Donghae let out an amused grin before turning his back on her. “I did not….” Dara started to deny it but her voice faded. Oh, who was she kidding? She did mauled him last night, if that is a more disciplined term for assault. And Donghae looked like he’s having his moment of fun over her plight. She marched over to the kitchen following Donghae as she defended herself. “For the record, I was drunk. I have no control whatsoever on my actions and I am completely unaware of everything that is happening around me.”

 

“I know,” Donghae said as he placed a plate of food on the counter table which Dara assumed is where she is supposed to sit. She pulled out the stool and sat down grumpily even though mortification is drowning her but hey. She needs to keep the façade of still having her dignity intact eventhough she wanted to kill herself right now..

 

“You should’ve taken me home,” Dara told him reproachfully. And spared me from doing the most humiliating thing of all the most humiliating things I ever did.

 

Donghae placed a cup of steaming coffee in front of her and the aroma is enough to make her headache go away. “You said you didn’t want to go home.”

 

Dara paused. Right. She remembered saying that. “Why would you listen to a drunk woman?”

 

Donghae gave her a shrug of his shoulders as he placed a bowl of rice and a bowl of soup beside the plate and gave her spoon and fork. “I didn’t. But your mom said no one’s home,” he answered.

 

Dara gave him a glare. “You called my mom?!”

 

Donghae looked at her with a weird expression on his face then let out a chuckle as he poured himself a cup of coffee.

 

“I can’t believe you called my mom to rat me out,” Dara said as she attacked the meat and took a spoonful of rice. Sheesh, she was so hungry that she set aside her feelings of killing herself. “Did you realize that my mom is this close to putting me on rehab? She thinks I’m turning alcoholic.” She ranted while is too busy munching.

 

Donghae watched her with amusement before he sat down on the stool next to hers, putting his own cup of coffee  down. “So you’ve told me last night.” He rested his chin on his hand watching her eat heartily.

 

“I only drink occassionally,” Dara said glaring at him as he looked like he wasn’t taking her seriously. “I don’t drink for fun. And sometimes, I just need a drink to forget about… something that’s bothering me and apparently, I do… unspeakable things when I get drunk so whatever it is that I did, know that I would’ve done that with anyone and you are not a special case.”

 

“Dara,” Donghae said softly after a second..

 

Dara drank the glass of water before asking, “What?”

 

“Don’t you ever drink with any guy.” The tone of his voice sounded like he’s warning her now.

 

Dara scoffed. “Who are you, my dad?” She let out a yelp when Donghae unceremoniously pulled her stool closer to him and she had to lean back as his face is already close enough that she could smell him.

 

And he smelled so fresh and coffee….

 

“Ask me again,” Donghae said looking serious.

 

“Ask what again?” Dara asked sounding nervous and she almost slipped out of he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter