Nine

Whispers in the Dark

Okay, he couldn’t deny it anymore.

Not after everything that had happened in these past few days.

He was definitely falling for Min Yoongi, his scary neighbor who was a demon from another world on top of that.

Well, great, just great.

It’s not like he felt any better after finally admitting his feelings to himself.

If anything, he felt even worse.

Because, he knew that it was a one-sided feeling.

And, Yoongi just made it worse by actually showcasing different sides to him lately.

Like showing compassion towards that kitten and even taking it to live with him, or being so pissed off at Jin about that whole incident with the gargoyle, because he was in fact worried sick for Jungkook.

Not to mention the fact that Yoongi actually took care of him when he collapsed from fever about a week ago, and even though his words were harsh, and he always openly showed what a bother Jin was, never once did he forget to give him medication, or bring him food that day when he practically spent half of the day in Yoongi’s bed.

All of those things made him realize that what was once just pure attraction towards the black-haired pale man grew into something more.

Something more stable.

Nowadays, Yoongi rarely left his mind.

Jin kept thinking about him, wondering what kind of person Yoongi was in the demon world.

Did he have friends there?

What about his parents?

Why were he and Jungkook here in the human world?

Who was it that was chasing them and why?

Did Yoongi wear that face ever since birth, or did was he capable of actually smiling more in the demon world, surrounded by other demons?

And the one question that he preferred not to think about, but that haunted him often and left a bitter taste in his mouth.

Did Yoongi have someone in the demon world?

A girlfriend? A boyfriend? And if so, what was that person like?

What kind of qualities did that person have to possess to conquer the heart of one of the most untrusting people Jin had ever met?

He dismissed his thoughts about Yoongi once he had entered the nightclub where he worked at.

He felt guilty about missing work lately, but with everything that had happened and with him being sick, he really had no strength to go there.

During that week when he was resting at home, recovering from his fever, he had a few missed calls from his boss, but he only managed to send him a message how he was sick and couldn’t make it.

In all the years since Jin had worked there, his boss had always been pleasant towards him.

So it came as a bit of a surprise when Siwon sent him a curt response that said, “ Fine. But, on Monday morning we need to talk. And for your sake, you better show up.”

There was a slightly threatening tone underlying Siwon’s message which caused Jin to feel ominous about this meeting.

Nevertheless, he braced himself for whatever it was that was going to happen and he went towards Siwon’s office on the second floor.

He couldn’t stop the shiver from running down his spine as he walked through the hallway where that vampire had attacked him more than a month ago.

If it hadn’t been for Yoongi coming to his rescue at that time, who knows if he would be walking down this hallway again.

Funny how even when Yoongi thought he was some sort of a spy sent to track him and Jungkook down, he still saved him from that vampire.

Jungkook’s words echoed in his head about how Yoongi wouldn’t hurt him and how he would never hurt anyone who didn’t deserve it.

Once again he realized how little he knew about his neighbor.

He knocked on the door of Siwon’s office, and the response from the other side of the door came, in a matter of seconds.

“ Come in!”

Jin peeked inside of the office, before taking a few unsure steps towards Siwon’s desk where he was currently sitting and going through some paperwork.

“ Hello. You wanted to see me?” Jin spoke in a hesitant voice.

“ Oh, Seokjin. How are you feeling? I hope you are not sick anymore.” Siwon said with a concerned face, and Jin was taken aback for a moment.

By the sound of that message Siwon had sent him, Jin would have expected some sort of a cold attitude from his boss, so this came as a surprise.

Maybe he had imagined things before.

After all, he doesn’t remember ever doing anything wrong concerning his works, so there was no reason for Siwon to be mad at him, right?

He relaxed slightly at Siwon’s usual friendly attitude, and answered with a small smile, “ Ah, I am better now. Thanks for the concern.”

“ Good, that’s good to hear!” Siwon exclaimed cheerfully.

“ And how is your little friend-Yoongi was it?” Siwon added, and Jin’s smile fell.

Ah, right.

There was that incident when Yoongi had quit and Siwon didn’t seem pleased, but it had completely slipped Jin’s mind since he was shaken by what had happened with the vampire on that evening.

He was starting to realize what this meeting was all about and he didn’t like it one bit.

Siwon was probably going to scold him about Yoongi.

“ Ah, he is…Fine. He had some problems lately, but other than that he is doing okay…” Jin responded, suddenly feeling uncomfortable.

“ Hmm, is that so?” Siwon responded, a thoughtful look on his face that made Jin feel even more uneasy since he couldn’t guess what Siwon was currently thinking about.

“ Well, if he is doing fine then he won’t have a problem coming back to work, won’t he?” Siwon said in a voice that gave Jin the chills followed by an eerie smile as if saying, “ you will make it happen, or else”.

Jin swallowed nervously, before saying, “ Uh, about that…I am sorry that he quit abruptly, but I am pretty sure that he doesn’t want to work as a DJ anymore…”

Siwon straightened up in his chair, clasping his hands and giving Jin such an intense look that Jin had a hard time of not looking away.

“ That wasn’t really a question, Seokjin. What he wants is not a concern of mine. What I want, however, is a different story. And I want him to come back here, despite his y attitude since people have been asking about that “amazing black-haired DJ” ever since that night he hyped the people so much and brought in a crowd bigger than we ever had before. And you will make that happen since he is your friend.”

Siwon finished his clear warning in a steady voice and Jin felt short of breath.

He couldn’t believe that Siwon was actually this kind of man.

There was no point in arguing with him and Jin knew it.

He nodded weakly, and headed towards the door, before he was stopped by Siwon’s voice, saying, “ Oh and Seokjin? You better bring him tonight, or don’t bother coming back here. Ever.”

Jin’s hand trembled on the door knob, before he left the office, feeling his body losing strength.

He rushed towards the bathroom and locked himself in one of the cubicles, before falling to the floor.

He was trying to calm his breathing, placing his head between his knees and telling himself to get a grip.

But, how could he when he was about to lose his job!

Because there was no way that Yoongi would ever come back to work here especially if Jin asked him.

Which meant that he was going to lose his job and then he wasn’t going to be able to pay the rent for his apartment, and he was going to have to move out.

And he loved his building, and his apartment.

Not to mention that he had many fond memories of him and Hoseok spending fun times there when they were roommates, and not just with Hoseok, but also with Jaehwan and Sandeul and then Namjoon as well…

And it was already hard seeing his best friends with how busy all of them were with studies and part time jobs, but now if he moves out who knows how rarely he will get to see Hoseok and Namjoon.

He felt his chest constricting as his breathing became shallow and uneven.

Even if he managed to find another job soon, there was no way that he would earn as much as he earned on this job.

Not only was he experiencing an unrequited crush, but now because of that same person, everything in his life got disrupted in the worst way possible.

He should have never tried to find out more about his neighbor.

It just brought him problems.

After spending about an hour on the cold, dirty tiles in the bathroom of the nightclub, Jin finally regained his composure.

He wasn’t going let his life fall apart without doing anything to prevent it.

And if that meant asking Min Yoongi for a favour then he was going to do it.

With that resolve in his mind, he headed straight towards the demon’s apartment.

Once he was there, he thought about what a bad idea this was, but before he could change his mind and run away like the coward he was, the door opened abruptly.

He was standing face to face with the shorter man who was sporting his usual grumpy look, his hair tousled, face even whiter than usual if that was possible with small purplish dark circles causing the usual darkness in his eyes to glimmer with a lilac sparkle.

Yoongi looked surprised for a moment, but then narrowed his eyes at him, his voice accusatory as he asked, “ What did you do this time?”

Jin looked offended and sounded like that as he asked, “ How rude. Why do you assume that I did something?”

Yoongi was still giving him a suspicious look, saying, “ Because you always cause some sort of trouble. And somehow I always get involved in it as well.”

Jin frowned, feeling unfairly accused.

But, he wasn’t going to argue since he needed to get on Yoongi’s good side.

“ That’s not entirely true, but have it your way. Everyone has the right to their own opinion, even if some people are wrong.” Jin answered with a pointed look, but Yoongi just rolled his eyes, not convinced of his words.

“ Fine, so what is it that you want? And hurry up, since I have to be somewhere.” Yoongi responded impatiently while locking his front door and heading towards the elevator.

Jin quickly followed, fidgeting slightly as he said, “ Well, I kind of have a small favour to ask.”

Yoongi turned around, a look of disbelief on his face as he said, “ Excuse me?”

Jin tried to disregard Yoongi’s tone of voice, as he put on his best pleading face, saying, “ Yeah, uh, remember when you worked as a DJ? Well, my boss kind of wants you back. And it would really mean to me if you came back to work there. And the pay is really good! Besides you love music, so…”

However, Jin was interrupted by Yoongi who now sported a stern look as he said, “ Let me stop you right there. I do like music, but I am not going back there. Besides, I never wanted that job in the first place, I just needed it to determine who your boss was. And since both of you are humans, I have no use of that job now.”

Jin was crestfallen, but he couldn’t give up that easily.

“ I know, but you kind of owe me. I mean, because of you, my boss thought we were friends and that is why he is now…” Jin tried to convince Yoongi, but he was abruptly cut off with the demon’s voice becoming harsher as well as his gaze when he said, “ I owe YOU?? You have some nerve, human. After everything that had happened with Jungkook and gargoyles, you actually dare tell me that I owe you? You sure have some guts for saying something so preposterous. Let me get one thing straight. I am in no obligation towards you and your boss. So don’t drag me in your problems, just because you don’t have the balls to handle them on your own. It’s not like we are close, or something for you to be making such a request.”

And with that Yoongi got in the elevator and left Jin standing in the hallway, feeling as if a car had just ran over him.

Ironically, it wasn’t because he was going to lose his job and his apartment.

No.

It was because Yoongi confirmed what he already knew.

The demon felt nothing towards him, but resentment that seemed to have grown even more today because of his request.

The feeling spreading through his body was overwhelming.

It was frightening what effect Yoongi’s cold words had on him.

He wondered how a simple stranger that walked into his life more than a month ago managed to make his chest feel like it was going to explode with how devastated he was feeling right now.

He had never experienced an unrequited love, and while he heard what it felt like from the people that have, he never expected it to hurt this much, to be ripping him slowly from the inside until there is nothing left.

Yoongi had been surveying all of Seoul for hours already, but he still couldn’t detect anything out of the ordinary.

However, he still couldn’t let his guard down.

It was only a matter of time when his cousin would find about their whereabouts and send his men to come get them.

He would be damned to let that happen.

After everything that had happened, after practically running away from his home when his older brother disappeared without a trace on that day when their father died, after leaving his home and coming to this strange place, he would be damned to let that treacherous bastard Jihwan find him, or Jungkook.

It was already getting dark and he was about to fly back to his apartment, when something vibrated in his pocket.

He frowned, aware that Jungkook was the only one who had his number.

And Jungkook only called him when something was not right.

He answered after the second ring, his voice slightly panicked as he spoke, “ What’s wrong? Are you okay?”

“ I am fine, but I need you to check if Jin Hyung is in his apartment.” Jungkook said in a rushed voice, and Yoongi couldn’t understand why Jungkook was calling him to talk about his human neighbor.

The same neighbor that he was definitely not pleased with who kept acting as if they were friends, or something and actually dared ask him to go back to that job.

Was he insane?

Did he think that Min Yoongi, a demon, didn’t have better things to do than to go work at some nightclub and pretend to lead some happy human life?!

Like what the hell?

And now of course, somehow, just as Yoongi suspected it, Kim Seokjin managed to get Jungkook involved in his mini-drama as well.

He sighed angrily, before saying, “ What business do you have with him? Don’t you remember what happened the last time that you got involved with him? You almost got killed!”

He could hear Jungkook sigh over the phone as he said, “ Oh, stop overreacting. I handled it well and I just got a small wound that Jin Hyung patched up. And also, I know why you are taking your anger out on him, but both you and me know that it wasn’t his fault that I got hurt. Or yours for that matter. Now do me a favor and just go check on him.”

Yoongi tightened the grip on his phone, not wanting to admit that Jungkook was right although deep down he was aware of that, so he just said the truth.

“ I am not there currently. Why do you even want me to do that?”

“ Damn it.” Jungkook cursed over the phone, continuing in a distressed voice, “ Tae called Jin Hyung about half an hour ago to see what he was doing, but when Jin Hyung answered, he sounded upset. He kept talking how he lost his job and that it is all his fault and he would have to move out of his apartment and Tae said he seemed drunk. He is worried, because Jin Hyung is a lightweight and once he was almost by some guys when he drank too much. Tae said that luckily his best friend Namjoon was there with him at that time, so he saved him, before anything bad happened. Also, Jin Hyung hung up on him and Tae has been trying to reach him, but Hyung is not answering. I would go check up on him, but I placed a protection seal on our apartment, because I sensed some vampires loitering around the area, so just in case. But now we cannot leave our apartment until the seal wears off and that is until morning.”

, Yoongi cursed inwardly.

Not only was Kim Seokjin a danger to himself, but also to others as well-what with Jungkook now starting to care so much about him.

As if it wasn’t enough that he got attached to that weird, clingy cousin of Jin’s who also seemed too unaware of the dangers lurking in the world, but now Jungkook seemed to get attached to Jin as well, judging by the evident worry in his voice.

And of course, if Yoongi was weak to anything, it was Jungkook and he could never find it in him to reject the younger demon, ever since they were kids.

So he gave in, saying, “ Fine. I will check up on him and then I will report to you. You and Taehyung better not leave the house, you got it? I will take care of everything.”

“ Thank you so much Hyung! And also, don’t be mean to Jin Hyung. He cares about you.” Jungkook said, his voice now more cheerful and Yoongi just scoffed, muttering, “ Whatever.” before hanging up.

How ridiculous was that kid.

Why would his neighbor care about him?

If anything, he always seemed scared of him, or he defied him.

And Yoongi never did anything for that human to take a liking to him, so he had no idea how Jungkook came up with that absurd thought.

He was starting to feel restless, remembering how relentless he had been towards Jin, not even listening to everything that he had to say about the reason why he was asking him to go back to being a DJ at that nightclub.

But, he had already been on edge ever since the attack of the gargoyles and hadn’t had much sleep ever since he started living in the human world and Kim Seokjin just had to come with his big round eyes and a pleading look and ask a favour of him on a day when his fuse was particularly short.

Once he was back to their building, he didn’t even bother knocking on Jin’s front door, but instead flew in through his bedroom window like always.

He searched through the whole apartment, but there was no sign of his neighbour.

“ Damn it.”, he clicked his tongue in annoyance and went back into Jin’s bedroom.

He took the jacket that was thrown on the bed and sniffed it.

It smelled of coconut and cologne, definitely his neighbour’s scent.

Yoongi spread his wings and flew outside.

With his heightened sense of smell, he should be able to find Jin in no time if he was nearby.

He flew around their building, scanning the area, but there was no sight of his neighbor.

However, he picked up Jin’s scent in the distance.

It was faint, but it was definitely his neighbour’s scent.

It took him to the playground which was about half an hour away from their building by foot and there was no doubt that Jin was there, the coconut scent all over the place.

He got back to his human form as he landed, in case there were humans around, but the playground seemed deserted, except for one person currently sitting on top of a tall chin-up bar, holding a bottle of soju.

Well, more like gulping it down like a drunken sailor.

Yoongi had a sullen expression when he saw all those already empty bottles on the ground underneath the chin-up bar.

Seriously, it was a wonder his neighbor hadn’t passed out already with how much he had to drink.

However, judging by how dangerously Jin was swaying on top of the bar it was definitely going to happen soon.

“ Aish! That stupid Min Yoongi!” Jin groaned, throwing the bottle of soju to the ground, oblivious of Yoongi who was watching him, now with a disapproving expression.

He was about to reprimand Jin for bad-mouthing him, but then his idiot of a neighbor decided to straighten up and stand on top of the bars, screaming, “ YOU IDIOT, MIN YOONGI!!!!!”

“ Why that little…” Yoongi scowled, ready to just leave this insolent human to his impending doom, but then of course the uncoordinated drunken fool had to slip on the bar and start falling to the ground with a startled squeak.

Yoongi sighed in exasperation, knowing that if he did nothing then his neighbor would probably crack his skull and Jungkook would never forgive him, so he spread his wings and flew at the speed of light, easily catching the flailing human in his arms and soaring up into the sky.

“ Yoongi!” his neighbor shrieked in horror and amazement, his eyes wide, his cheeks pink from the alcohol.

Yoongi gave him a bored look, before saying, “ Yes, it’s me, you stupid troublesome human. Not to mention ill-mannered.”

His neighbor had the courtesy to at least look bashful for dragging his name through the mud, but then he actually sulked and mumbled, “ I regret nothing. I meant it.”

Yoongi was this close to dropping him in that moment and letting him really crack his skull, but he managed to restrain himself when he remembered his promise to Jungkook about how he will take care of everything.

So, he flew to his own apartment, dropping Jin on the floor, who yelped in pain when his hit the wooden surface.

“ OW! What was that for?! Stupid demon!” Jin groaned, and Yoongi smirked, feeling satisfied that he at least got this little revenge.

“ That is for being a disrespectful human brat. And for worrying your cousin and Jungkook with your reckless behavior. Seriously, do you deal with all your problems by getting drunk and screaming what bothers you to the whole world?” Yoongi asked in a grim voice, his arms crossed over his chest as he looked at Jin who was still sitting on the floor and pouting ( what was he-a kid?).

“ No. A-and I didn’t mean to worry anyone. B-but it’s all your fault!” Jin raised his voice and pointed an accusatory finger at Yoongi.

“ And why is that?” Yoongi asked, his eyes narrowed.

“ B-because! My boss said he was going to fire me if I don’t get you to work as a DJ again. And if I lose my job, I can’t pay the rent and live here and be close to my friends… You selfish bastard…” Jin hugged his knees, his voice getting quieter and the only thing that could be heard were his hiccups.

He looked so fragile and small, and Yoongi felt slightly bad.

His gaze softened, and he thought for a few moments, before closing his eyes and letting a long resigned sigh.

“ Fine. I will make sure you do not lose your job, so will you stop complaining then and wallowing in self-pity?”

A chuckle almost escaped his lips when Jin looked up at him as if he was some sort of a God, his hazelnut eyes twinkling with amazement as he asked, “ Really?”

“ Yes. Really.” Yoongi flatly stated, returning to his usual-self, before he was tackled to the ground.

He had no time to react when his neighbor blinked those big expressive eyes at him, before his lips stretched into a wide smile as he jumped up to his feet in an instant, throwing himself at Yoongi and tackling him to the floor.

Yoongi blinked in surprise as he was now sitting on the floor, enveloped in a bone-crushing embrace with his neighbor yelling in his ear, “ THANK YOU, OH YOONGI, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I WILL NEVER FORGET IT, I SWEAR!!!”

What the…It took Yoongi a few seconds to register the position they were in and his arms flew to Jin’s waist, pushing him away, but god damn it that weak human sure had a tight grip on him!

“ Fine, fine, now let go, will you?!” Yoongi half-growled when he failed to push away the human who seemed stuck to him like glue.

Jin finally loosened his grip on him, his arms still around Yoongi’s neck and he pulled away only slightly, staring right at Yoongi, their noses almost touching.

Jin had a stupid silly grin on his plump lips, his breath reeking of soju, and Yoongi scrunched his nose in distaste.

He was just about to say how his breath was horrible when Jin’s eyes got half-lidded, and he slurred in some sort of a daze “ I wonder what it feels like to kiss a demon.” causing Yoongi to widen his eyes in horror.

Oh, hell to the NO.

“ Kim Seokjin, don’t you ing dare!” Yoongi hissed, but it was too late.

The rest of his warning died down on his tongue as he felt a soft pressure on his lips while the arms around his neck brought him closer to the body of his neighbor that was radiating heat.

His eyes were wide open and he stared at the man whose eyes were closed, his face flushed from the booze, his lips incredibly moist against Yoongi’s.

Yoongi’s whole body went tense and he didn’t move at all.

The kiss, or more like the peck lasted for a few seconds, but to Yoongi it seemed like an eternity.

Jin finally opened his eyes, breaking the kiss and blinking slowly at him with his eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

“ Hm, you are so stiff. As expected of the cold, emotionless guy that is Min Yoongi.” Jin said, before breaking into a fit of giggles while Yoongi stared at him, still unable to recover from what had just happened.

“ Well, gotta go. Have to get up early. See ya, neighbor!” Jin exclaimed, before getting up and making a few steps towards the front door, but not before tripping on his feet and falling to the floor without any grace.

Yoongi just stared at him, still seated on the floor of his living room.

“ ‘m fine!” Jin slurred, getting up from the floor and waving an over-excited goodbye before stumbling out of Yoongi’s apartment.

Yoongi sat there for a few more moments, before finally bringing his fingers to his lips and touching them slightly.

“ What the hell?! That ING WEIRDO!” he growled, feeling furious that he was assaulted in such a way by none other than some tall, giggly human.

Instead of going to his room, he jumped out of his window, spreading his wings and flying to the main culprit.

Jeon-ing-Jeongkook!

He was banging on the door so hard that he was about to break them down when Jungkook finally opened them, his hair all messy, eyes puffy from sleep and of course he was shirtless that little .

“ H-hyung, it’s 3 ing a.m., what are y..OW,OW,OW! Hyuuuung that hurts!” Jungkook whined as Yoongi pinched his ear and started dragging him with him.

“ Kookie??” a deep, worried voice coming from the apartment made Yoongi glare at the sleepy boy in the apartment, causing Yoongi to spit out murderously “ Stay out of this!”

The boy widened his eyes in shock and in that moment he reminded Yoongi of his older cousin so much who was the cause of his discomfort and constant anger that Yoongi just slammed the door shut, before cursing under his breath and dragging a whining Jungkook with him.

“ Hyung, what the ?! You broke the protection seal just like that!” Jungkook accused the older demon once they were at the end of the hallway.

Yoongi ignored Jungkook and spat out,“ Because of you I had to go and get drunk Kim Seokjin at the playground who later on assaulted me!” and Jungkook stared at him in confusion.

“ Jin Hyung is fine? Oh, I am so glad. But wait, didn’t you say that he was a weakling? How could he assault you?” Jungkook asked and Yoongi rolled his eyes, wanting to hurt the kid.

“ Not like that. He assaulted me ually. He ING KISSED ME ON THE LIPS JUNGKOOK! A ING HUMAN KISSED ME AND IT’S ALL YOUR FAULT!” he yelled exasperatedly and watched Jungkook who seemed like a statue at that moment, completely unmoving.

A minute passed and Yoongi was getting worried so he said warily , “ H-hey kid…”, but before he could voice out his concern Jungkook burst out laughing, clutching his stomach.

“ AHAHAHAHHAHAHAH OMFG THIS IS GOLD AHAHHAHHA!!! HE KISSED YOU AND YOU ARE FREAKING OUT AHAHAHHA, I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS!!! WAIT TILL EVERYONE IN THE DEMON WORLD FINDS OUT THAT A HUMAN FLUSTERED THE EMOTIONLESS MIN YOONGI!!!”

Yoongi’s left eye twitched as he stared at the younger demon who was wiping his tears from laughing too much.

“ You think this is funny, Jeon Jungkook?” Yoongi’s voice was eerily calm and Jungkook knew he had crossed the line as he felt goosebumps spreading all over his body.

He immediately stopped laughing and swallowed hard when he saw Yoongi approaching him with a wicked expression.

, , !

Yoongi’s eyes were bloody red and Jungkook put his arms in front of him in defense, closing his eyes and shouting desperately. “ What’s the big deal?! It’s not like you haven’t hooked up with guys before!”

After a few moments of nothing happening, he dared to crack one eye open.

Yoongi was standing in front of him with a flabbergasted expression and Jungkook let out a sigh of relief.

He survived.

For now.

“ Yes, but demon guys. And demon girls. And not freaking HUMANS!” Yoongi hissed through gritted teeth, because Jungkook was obviously not getting the seriousness of the situation.

Jungkook shrugged his shoulders, saying “ What’s the big deal? Other than our wings, horns, inhumane strength, speed, and a few special powers here-and-there, we are after all almost like humans. I mean we do have a human form and we do have emotions, well-I do, and we do have ual needs and feel attraction towards other beings. And besides humans are much warmer than us, much more emotional, and as you now found out their lips are much softer than demon’s lips and also their bodies are…”, Jungkook stopped talking when he realized what he had just admitted after seeing the look on Yoongi’s face.

He started blushing and stuttering, “ I m-mean, I am g-guessing that that is what it’s like uh, to, uh…”

He felt a hand on his shoulder and got startled until Yoongi spoke in a softer voice, “ Kid, it’s fine. I mean it was kind of obvious anyways from the way you talked about him and looked at him. But, I am not you and Kim Seokjin is not Kim Taehyung. I am not into humans.”

Jungkook looked at Yoongi and said, “ I guess… But, you know, it wouldn’t be the first time for a demon to fall for a human, leaving my case aside. And besides, you are not as heartless as you claim to be. And Kim Seokjin may not be Kim Taehyung, but he is his cousin. And you are my cousin although you don’t want to admit it out loud to protect me. Besides, if Kim Seokjin was some ordinary human then you wouldn’t even concern yourself with him, or that kiss… Just saying.”

Yoongi let his hand drop from Jungkook’s shoulder, before his expression hardened.

“ I am not you. Go to sleep.”Yoongi said firmly before flying away and Jungkook shook his head, letting out a sigh, and softly murmuring under his breath.

“ Hyung, the sooner you stop denying it, the sooner you will stop suffering and maybe find happiness that you so desperately need now…”


I must say that I am pleased with myself. I was never good with slow-build, but I feel like I got better with it in this fic. XD