Three

Whispers in the Dark

God, I am so excited about this fic that I can't stop writing! :D


Your worst nightmare…

Was this guy for real, Jin wondered as he thought about the answer his psycho neighbor had just given him.

Judging by the way he was coming towards him, those eyes flashing red, wait-RED?!

Jin could have sworn that he saw the shorter man’s pitch black eyes flashing red for a second, and he rubbed his eyes quickly, before he gasped and fell off the bed when he felt minty breath on his lips.

That’s how close the guy had gotten to him without Jin realizing it.

He quickly got up, his heart threatening to jump out of his chest as he stumbled to the far corner of his bedroom.

The man was standing next to his bed all that time, his expression indifferent as he watched him calmly.

“ STAY AWAY FROM ME!” Jin screamed out in panic and his neighbor actually had the nerve to roll his eyes at him.

“ Or what?” the guy challenged him, and Jin hated how he was treating him as some sort of a weakling, so he took the first thing he could from his table which was surprisingly a Swiss Army Knife he used the other night to peel his apple.

“ Or, I w-will hurt you!” Jin stated in a confident voice ( well as confident as it could be, considering that he was on the verge of shaking from fear).

The smaller man’s gaze sharpened as he taunted in his hoarse voice, “ I would like to see you try.”

In a blink of an eye, even before Jin could even think of replying, the man had materialized himself in front of him.

Jin’s eyes widened and his mouth was wide open.

“ H-how…” he started forming the question weakly, but the guy gave him no time as he twisted his wrist making him cry out in pain and drop the knife on the floor.

“ Now, let’s finish what we started before your little friend interrupted us.” the psycho continued in a flat voice and Jin winced when he let go of his wrist.

It really hurt and Jin was sure it was going to be bruised in the morning.

That is if he survives until morning.

“ So what do you and your boss want from me?” his neighbor demanded to know, his voice gruff, his gaze unwavering.

Jin just wanted to scream at this point.

What the hell was this guy even talking about?!

“ I don’t even know you and neither does my boss, so I really have no idea what you are talking about!” Jin raised his voice which was brittle by now.

For a moment he thought that he was off the hook when he saw the man’s expression changing to one of uncertainty, but of course Kim Seokjin had no such luck.

“ You know, I almost believed you there. Almost being the key word. Fine, if you are so adamant in keeping your mouth shut then maybe I should have a little chat with your friend.” the guy said in a throaty voice, the corners of his lips curling into a wicked smile that left Jin staring at him terrified.

He might have been scared less, and this guy was definitely crazy, but there was no way in hell that he was going anywhere near his friends.

“ Don’t even think about approaching my friends, you lowlife!” Jin spat out and the guy seemed surprised for a moment before going back to his impassive face.

“ Ooh? Defending your friends? Hmm, that is such a…Human thing to do, really…” the guy said, his voice smooth, and he seemed to be in thought as if wondering why Jin was standing up for his friends.

Jin couldn’t figure this guy out for the life of him.

“ So be it, for now. But, if I were you-I would sleep with my eyes open. Not that it would help you. This time I will walk myself out the door, and you better not have been lying about your boss, because the next visit won’t be so pleasant…” the shorter man finished in a threatening voice once again and Jin was utterly lost.

It was only after he had heard the click of the front door that he slumped against the fall, falling to the floor.

How did that guy even get in?! Was he a burglar? A murderer? What was he and why was he after me and my boss?!

There were so many questions that he needed the answers to, and why in the world was his window open, Jin wondered when he felt the night breeze on his skin.

He got up and closed the window, once again finding a small black feather on the window sill.

He stared at it for a while and he wasn’t sure why, but he had an ominous feeling about it.

But then again, he was now freaked out by everything.

What in the world was he supposed to tell his boss now??

“ Hey, I know this is weird but for some reason my new neighbor is after you because he is insane. Please don’t fire me, ha-ha?”

Yeah, right.

And now he couldn’t even tell Namjoon and Hoseok about this.

After that guy had warned him about hurting them, he couldn’t risk putting their lives in danger.

He really hoped that this was all a nightmare and that he was going to wake up soon enough.

 

Unfortunately, Jin didn’t get a wink of sleep that night.

He was fidgety during the whole night and although he left lights on everywhere, he kept seeing the shorter man in his apartment.

In the bathroom, next to his bed, in the kitchen…

He was losing his mind.

Hallucinations, and then what is next? Talking to himself?

He stared at his reflection in the mirror, his milky complexion now ruined by purplish eyebags forming underneath his eyes.

He almost shrieked when he thought that there was his neighbor standing behind him.

When he turned around there was no one.

“ This isn’t happening. It’s all just a dream, Jin. Just a dream.” he murmured to himself, before splashing some cold water on his face and taking a deep breath.

He threw on some jeans and a plain black tee, before taking his black leather backpack and heading out to the University.

Just because there was a maniac threatening to hurt him and his friends didn’t mean that he could stop going to classes.

Life was unfortunately cruel that way.

He checked the hallway and slightly relaxed when he saw that the coast was clear.

Not that it mattered since his neighbor was apparently skillful in breaking into people’s apartments.

 

He must have looked like a zombie during all of his lectures, because Jaehwan kept poking him in the ribs and asking him what was wrong.

He hated lying to his friends, but he couldn’t put him in danger too, so he just said that he was tired.

Which wasn’t a complete lie.

It was already 8 p.m. when the classes ended and he rushed towards the nightclub.

He got there at 8:30 and prayed that nothing had happened.

Everything seemed to be in perfect order.

People were dancing and he scanned the club until his eyes landed on his boss.

He was talking to someone and smiling.

Jin couldn’t see who it was, but he was just glad that his boss seemed fine.

It was as if he somehow sensed that Jin was there and his boss looked at him right in the eyes and waved him to come over.

Jin was surprised, but went there nevertheless.

It was only when he was a few steps away that he couldn’t make another step.

Finally, he saw who his boss was talking to.

None other than his neighbor.

“ Oh Jin, I am just talking to your friend. I offered him a job of a DJ here.” his boss said in a cheerful voice and Jin could feel the colour on his face disappearing.

His eyes finally met his neighbor’s and once again his throat was dry.

The guy was dressed in a black hoodie and black skinny jeans, his eyes and hair matching his outfit, his pale complexion practically radiating, but the vicious glint flickering in those orbs had Jin rooted to the spot.

“ Jin, are you okay?” Siwon’s gentle voice had him somehow returning to his senses as he nodded slowly, forcing a little smile.

“ Good!” Siwon clasped his hands, before continuing, “ Anyways, from today on-Min Yoongi will be working here as a DJ!”

Jin met his neighbor’s gaze who raised an eyebrow at him that had Jin feeling anxious.

Min Yoongi.

So that was the name that he so desperately wanted to find out, and that he now so desperately wanted to forget.

“ Yoongi will start on Friday and I trust you to take care of him. I have to go now. See you on Friday, boys!” Siwon said before waving them goodbye and Jin just wanted to laugh at the absurdity of the situation.

He was supposed to take care of this guy?!

Ha! What irony!

Before he could cry at the situation he was in, he felt a breeze fawning over his ears.

Min Yoongi’s breath was icy as well as his tone of voice as he whispered, “ I see that you and your boss are more clever than I thought. But, soon enough I will have you exposed and then there will be no one coming to your rescue…”

And with that he was gone.

Jin looked right and left, but there was no sign of the shorter man.

How does he even do that?!

But more importantly, how was Jin supposed to get out of this mess?!

 

To say that Jin was exhausted would be an understatement.

Ever since he met Min Yoongi, he had developed insomnia.

The lack of sleep worsened after he found out that that guy was going to be working at his club as the DJ.

How did he even convince Siwon to give him the job so easily?

And what is worse is that he pretended to be Jin’s friend and now Jin was stuck “taking care of him”.

The only one he was supposed to take care of was himself and now even that was impossible with Min Yoongi in his life.

He tried searching for any info about him on Google, but there were no records or information of Min Yoongi.

It was like the guy didn’t exist.

That is what made him suspicious if that name was even his real name.

What if he stole someone’s identity?

But, how was Jin supposed to find that out and prove it without getting killed by his terrifying neighbor?

On the plus side ever since that day in the nightclub, he hadn’t seen Yoongi.

He wasn’t sure if he was supposed to be relieved by that, or if the lack of his presence actually indicated the calm before the storm.

The day of the dreaded encounter was approaching and Jin wasn’t ready.

He was sure that he would never be able to stay indifferent when it came to encounters with his neighbor, but this time he had to.

After all, he couldn’t let Siwon think something was wrong.

He was just going to have to find a way to remove that guy from his life by himself.

 

Friday rolled around the corner faster than he had expected it, and Jin found himself staring at the clock in his living room.

Tick-tock.

Time was running out and he was thinking of how he should act when he meets his neighbor in the club.

Should he try talking to him as if they were really friends so that Siwon wouldn’t get suspicious?

But then again he was sure that Yoongi would slice his neck if he even tried being friendly to him.

He still remembered his face when Jin slightly pushed him that day to get to Hoseok.

God, if looks could kill then he would have already been dead from Yoongi’s malicious glare on that day.

Okay, so the “ friendly approach” is out of question.

Maybe he shouldn’t show up today and problem solved.

After all, he wasn’t needed tonight anyways and even though Siwon wanted him to show Yoongi around, he could just call in sick and let others handle Yoongi.

But, now with Hoseok having moved out, he really couldn’t risk getting on Siwon’s bad side and losing his job.

Despite Siwon being pleasant most of the time, Jin knew that he was a serious businessman who hated disobedience and incompetent employees.

Since Yoongi was his so-called “friend”, Jin was sure that Siwon would blame him if things went wrong tonight and if Yoongi wasn’t good-enough when DJ-ing, so he had no choice but to drag himself to the bathroom to get ready.

Usually, he didn’t put much effort into the way he looked since people usually told him that he was very handsome and it wasn’t as if he wasn’t aware of the way he looked and the attributes he flaunted, but tonight it was different.

Tonight he actually dressed with intention of looking stunning.

Maybe it was because his neighbor, despite being a psychotic bastard, somehow managed to take his breath away with the way that he looked that Jin just wanted to try and be on his level tonight.

He wanted to achieve at least that one small victory for himself.

He took some hair product from the cabinet in his bathroom, running his fingers through his light cinnamon-brown strands, creating a messy-just got out of bed-sort of hairstyle that gave him a slightly edgier look. He lined the corners of his eyes with light gold eyeliner that made his brilliant hazelnut-colored eyes glimmer even more than usual. His plump lips were moist after applying some chapstick on them and he thought “not bad at all” as he eyed the final result in the mirror.

His tight black skinny jeans hugged his muscled thighs perfectly as well as his firm . He had a plain thin long-sleeved white shirt with a V-neckline that showed more skin than a usual V-neckline was supposed to. On top of that he wore a black choker with a small silver butterfly that Hoseok had given him for his birthday last year.

Damn, he could even pass as an idol looking like this, he thought to himself with a smirk.

He was so busy admiring himself that he forgot to check the time on his watch.

When he finally did, he cursed loudly.

“ ! 9:30 p.m. already?!”

Jin grabbed his apartment keys and his jacket quickly, before running out of the apartment.

Siwon is so going to kill him.

Despite taking a cab to the nightclub, they got stuck in a traffic jam and it was already 10: 15 p.m. when he finally stumbled inside the familiar place with loud music drowning all the voices around him.

It was darker than usual and thank God his neon lights were still there lighting his way to the counter.

How could he be so stupid to forget his contact lenses, goddamn it!

Now he felt as blind as a bat, squinting his eyes and trying to find his way to the bar.

“ Hyung!”

He heard a familiar bright voice and soon enough he saw a familiar mop of orange hair and a little chubby hand waving at him from the counter.

“ Jiminnie, thank God it is your shift tonight.” Jin said relieved as he greeted the short waiter behind the counter.

The boy flashed him a warm smile, before excitedly saying, “ Boss man told me you would be here tonight. Damn, you look amazing tonight! Btw, your friend the DJ is the bomb! Everyone is talking about him already!”

Jin blinked a few times, before opening his mouth to speak.

“ Yoongi already started working? But, I was supposed to take care of him and show him how everything worked…”

“ Yeah, but you were late and also he didn’t seem as he wanted to wait for you. He is not really the talkative type, huh? Anyways he came here at about 9 p.m. and immediately started working, hyping the crowd in less than 5 minutes with his remixes. He went on a small break, but he should be back just about…Now!” Jimin finished his explanation and turned his gaze towards the stage where the DJ was.

Jin shouldn’t be really surprised by Yoongi doing all by himself, but how was it possible that he had already put everyone under his spell, including Jimin who stared towards him in fascination.

Jin followed his gaze to where the smaller man currently was and he felt fog clouding his mind.

His neighbor might have been petite, but he definitely stood out inside the stuffy club.

He was dressed in black jeans, and a simple black T-Shirt with a collar so stretched out that most of his pale skin was showing, almost making him translucent on the stage under those bright neon lights. His hair was slightly tousled and sweaty, and Jin followed that pale arm adorned by light blue veins, those long, slim fingers entangling in those black locks, ruffling them in a frustrated manner, the current hairstyle making the smaller man even ier if that was possible. His blue headphones that had caused all of the troubles in Jin’s usually peaceful life were hanging around that slender neck, and Jin never thought that a neck could look so inviting until now.

Min Yoongi was focused on the mixer, moving his fingers swiftly and producing a heavy beat making the crowd lose their . However, despite the loud bass and piercing beats, Jin could hear this melody in the background, sort of an eerie, but alluring kind of lullaby practically calling to him, and it was as if his feet moved on his own.

Despite his currently blurry vision, he was making his way towards the stage, as if floating through the crowd.

He couldn’t explain it really, but there was something about that melody and the man producing it that had Jin inching closer and closer to the stage, even though his brain was telling him that it was dangerous.

He stood in the center of the dance floor with sweaty bodies pressing against each other all around him and he found himself staring at the man who was so close, yet so far away from him.

As if he sensed someone watching him, the shorter man lifted his gaze and searched through the crowd until his eyes fell on the tall, broad-shouldered figure watching him as if in some sort of a daze.

He could feel the adrenaline going through his veins, the man in question having that sort of effect on him ever since the day they met and he was starting to get pissed off.

There was just something about that Kim Seokjin guy that was off.

Otherwise why would he be staring at him like that right now?

Yoongi knew that his eyes were pitch black right now, they usually were, especially when he was angry, but why was it that this time that jerk didn’t look away and kept staring at him instead?

Was he trying to make him snap in front of everyone on purpose?

Was this his plan all along to make him reveal what he was in front of all these humans??

Well, tough luck, because despite his short-temper, he wasn’t stupid.

He looked away first this time, trying to calm his breathing and telling himself to be patient.

He didn’t know what kind of creature Kim Seokjin was, but he sure as hell wasn’t going to allow him to mess with his head like this.

When he regained his composure, he looked in his direction once again, but Kim Seokjin was not there anymore.

He frowned, feeling uneasy and expecting the guy to sneak up on him any moment.

However, he managed to spot the back of his neighbor as some tall guy had his hand on the back of his neck while whispering something in his neighbor’s ear with a light, but eager smile.

Yoongi knew that smile.

He knew who it belonged to and when something white and pointy flashed from the guy’s mouth there was no doubt about it.

, how did vampires get involved in all of this and who in the world was Kim Seokjin?!

 

Jin was feeling weird.

His body was moving, but there was a tingling sensation spreading through it, and it seemed to be coming from the touch of that stranger that had his fingers on the back of his neck, leading him away from the crowd, deeper into the darkness.

It was as if he wasn’t in control of his body anymore.

One moment he was in the crowd, staring at Yoongi who was glaring at him, before looking away first to Jin’s surprise and in the next moment there was someone behind him, whispering in his ear words in such a sweet voice that was hard to disobey.

“ If you are this beautiful in human form then I can’t wait to see how you will look when I make you mine…”

Those were the words whispered in his ear by a velvety voice, before Jin felt light pressure on his neck, his body becoming like that of a puppet with the tall stranger behind him pulling the strings as he pleased.

Jin couldn’t even utter a response, his legs moving on their own with that voice whispering sweet nothings in his ear.

He didn’t know what was happening, but he knew that this guy was up to no good.

He could feel it in every part of his body, and yet it was as if he was numb.

He wanted to yell and shout for help, but once again it was as if the words were stuck in his throat.

After walking to the second floor of the nightclub where there were only those who had enough money to pay for private VIP booths, the man had led him into the narrow, dimly-lit hallway that was empty.

The man had finally released him, but Jin still couldn’t move as he stared at those almond shaped eyes, the golden shimmer of those orbs making Jin unable to look away.

The man was standing in front of him and although he was just staring at him, observing him with a devilish grin, Jin was leaning with his back to the wall for support.

“ God, I finally found a fitting partner.  You will be among my top 3 lovers, I assure you…” the man said, his velvety, rich voice causing Jin’s stomach to tighten and if he hadn’t met Yoongi then Jin was sure that he would have thought that this man was the most beautiful guy he had ever laid his eyes upon.

His skin was as white as snow, and he was even paler than Yoongi. His black, long lashes reached his high cheekbones as they slowly fluttered with the way the man was batting them seductively at Jin.

His lips were thin and red as blood, and Jin couldn’t look away, especially with the way they were closing in on him, travelling towards his neck.

He managed to take a sharp intake of breath when he felt those lips brushing against the sensitive skin on his neck, the teeth grazing his pulse point and slowly sinking into his flesh. It was starting to become painful with the heat engulfing him and he wanted somebody to come save him, anybody, but instead of a cry for help, he let out a little whimper that had the man chuckling.

He felt paralyzed and he kept chanting one name in his head, thinking how only that person would be able to help him.

“ There you are…” a deep calm voice spoke, but the rage in his tone of voice was obvious.

Jin was already used to it, but the man sinking his teeth into his skin obviously wasn’t, because he stopped his movement as soon as he heard that voice.

Jin’s body was tense, but when he could no longer feel the painful throbbing in his neck, he started to breathe once again.

“ Who the hell are you?” the once velvety voice now seemed mad, but also wary.

Jin knew that the man had asked the wrong question, because in the next moment something had crashed into the man tackling him to the ground, but Jin managed to catch the answer the low voice had offered before taking down his opponent.

“ You will find out soon enough…”

After that Jin had closed his eyes, trying to ignore the commotion happening next to him and the obvious screams of horror of the now not so velvety voice.

All he knew was that before he had closed his eyes he exchanged a quick glance with those rigid, lustrous dark eyes and this time there was no doubt about it that they were crimson red in that moment.

It was all over in a matter of seconds and the hallway was once again eerie with silence enveloping it.

However, Jin knew that he wasn’t alone, judging by the quick intakes of air next to him.

“ I don’t know what your deal is, but you sure as hell are an idiot to let a vampire almost transform you. Are you really that weak, or was this all part of your plan to lure me here into an ambush? Answer me, Kim Seokjin!” the voice growled, making Jin flinch and finally open his eyes.

Jin could feel the tears collecting in the corners of his eyes, he could feel the warm liquid and the dull pain in his neck, he could feel his lips quivering as he stared at the livid man in front of him who seemed as if he was throwing daggers at him, his fists clenched, his sharp jawline moving as he gritted his teeth and Jin didn’t know what the right answer was, so he just let one word slip out of his lips.

The one word that he kept saying as a sort of a prayer in his head during these past few minutes.

“ Y-yoongi…” his voice was barely above a whisper, trembling and cracking as he stared at the man in front of him, his unexpected savior that seemed slightly startled and completely bewildered when Jin opened his mouth and let that name leave his lips.

The shorter man’s lips were slightly parted as he stared at Jin with an unreadable expression and for the first time since Jin had met him, the guy seemed as if he wasn’t sure what to do.

He was just about to say something when another voice surprised both of them.

“ Jin? Yoongi? What are you doing here? You just left the stage and you can’t do that.” a stern voice said and Jin observed Yoongi who clenched his fist and clicked his tongue in annoyance, before looking away from him and walking away.

“ I quit.” were the last words Yoongi said and Jin finally turned towards Siwon who was staring at Yoongi bewildered, but before Siwon could utter a word of protest, Yoongi had already disappeared.

Just like always, Jin thought, his heart beating erratically in his chest.