Six

Whispers in the Dark

Finally, I managed to update. I feel slightly relieved now...


Almost two weeks had passed since the accident Jin had had.

His arm has almost completely healed and things were back to normal.

Well…As normal as they could be when you have a neighbor who is a demon and whose younger demon friend is your beloved cousin’s roommate and maybe something more.

He was going to have to look up for a definition of “normal” in the dictionary, because his life wasn’t it currently.

To make things worse he had to lie best friend about how he got injured.

After he got hurt, he wore long sleeved shirts when going to visit Namjoon and Hoseok, but he should have predicted that they were going to find out sooner or later.

Of course, it was practically 3 days after the accident when he was relaxing on the sofa in his friend’s apartment, almost drifting off to sleep which was the cause of his secret getting discovered.

If he hadn’t been so tired at that moment, then Namjoon’s seemingly innocent question “ Do you want some tea?” would cause the warning bells to go off in his brain, because Namjoon+kitchen+hot beverages are almost always a sure recipe for a catastrophe.

Surprisingly, no fire alarm went off during the time that Namjoon was alone in the kitchen which was already a miracle, but as soon as he made his way towards Jin, things went downhill.

“ Here-a nice hot cup of herbal tea to warm your stomach”, Namjoon’s warm voice reverberated in Jin’s ear and Jin managed to force himself to open his eyes and slightly straighten up in the sofa.

He wishes he hadn’t, because if his eyes had been closed at that moment then he wouldn’t have to watch Namjoon tripping on the beige and turquoise rug with an oriental patter that Jin had bought as a housewarming present for Namjoon ( which he regretted in that moment), the white mug with a Luigi character dressed in his cute dungarees and a green long-sleeved shirt and cap smiling at him ( a smile that seemed sinister in that particular moment) slipping out of Namjoon’s hand and flying towards him in sort of a slow-motion. It was only when the scalding liquid came in contact with his body, burning his skin even through the fabric of his shirt that time started running as usual, with Jin letting out a shriek so loud that it could rival Hoseok’s screams.

“ ! Jin, I am so sorry! Quick-take off your shirt and put your hand under cold water!” Namjoon had yelled in panic and Jin immediately obeyed, not even thinking about the wound and the bandage on that same arm.

All he wanted to do was relieve the pain and so he did as Namjoon had told him to.

After about 5 minutes of soothing the throbbing of the burn on his arm under the freezing water stream from the tap in the kitchen, Jin finally realized that his bandage was visible.

And there was no way that Namjoon didn’t see it since he was next to him the whole time.

He still remembers the expression on Namjoon’s face when he turned towards him warily only to see Namjoon frowning and staring at his bandage intently.

When their gazes finally met, Namjoon asked in a serious voice, “ What’s that?”

“ Oh, don’t worry, just a small cut.” Jin said with a slight smile, hoping that that would be enough, but of course it wasn’t as Namjoon’s brows furrowed even more-showing how he wasn’t buying his explanation.

“ It sure doesn’t look like it. What happened? And don’t lie to me, Jin.” Namjoon had said, his voice flat and yet Jin could recognize obvious concern and anger in it.

There was no way that Jin could tell Namjoon what had happened especially when he and Hobi weren’t fond of Yoongi after Jin had hid in their apartment, terrified when Yoongi  threatened to burn him if he didn’t tell him who his boss was and if Hoseok hadn’t interrupted them in that moment then who knows what would have happened.

Even though now things were “relatively calm” with his demon neighbor, Jin didn’t know in what moment his neighbour’s short temper was going to make an appearance and he couldn’t risk putting his best friend’s lives in danger.

It was already bad enough that he and Tae were involved with demons ( hah, he snorted in his head, a sentence he thought he would never say) and he didn’t want anymore people that he cared for to get hurt.

So there was only one way out of this.

Lying.

“ Namjoon, why would I lie? I was climbing up the stairs to my apartment one day and I guess I wasn’t paying attention to my steps, so I stumbled and hit my hand. Yeah it started bleeding so I went to have it checked. The doctor said it was going to heal in a few days. I guess your clumsiness is rubbing off on me.” Jin finished with a teasing grin, but Namjoon still had that solemn expression on his face.

There was silence for a few moments and Jin could practically see the wheels turning in Namjoon’s head.

“ Did...” Namjoon started quietly, his voice turning into a whisper as he continued, “ Did he hurt you by any chance?”

Jin knew who Namjoon was referring to, of course he knew.

His body went tense for a moment, but then again he wouldn’t be lying when he said that he didn’t, so he did just that.

“ No. Yoongi did not hurt me.”

Namjoon seemed surprised for a moment, before asking incredulously, “ Yoongi? You are calling him by his first name now? When did that change occur?”

Jin was sure that he went pale in that moment, cursing himself for his slip of the tongue, but he quickly added, “ We finally exchanged a few words about some time ago, so yeah. We are not really on friendly terms, but…We tolerate each other.”

Well that was partially the truth. Especially with Yoongi’s strange behavior these days that completely threw him off and made him think about his neighbor more than he really should.

Namjoon seemed to finally believe him as Jin saw his shoulders relaxing with Namjoon letting out a little sigh and saying, “ Okay, but please be careful. It is enough that I am a hazard for myself and others, I think that Hoseokie wouldn’t be able to handle one more walking-disaster.”

Jin chuckled when Namjoon said that, offering him a dimpled smile and Jin knew that he was off the hook.

For now at least.

 

Now, back to Yoongi’s baffling behavior, and his own for that matter.

It was precisely that day when he left Namjoon’s apartment that he ran into the demon for the first time after that weird moment between them when Yoongi was actually trying to act sort of civilized and even picked up his keys, placing them in his hand before swiftly disappearing and leaving a flabbergasted Jin to wonder “ what the hell had just happened” and to stare at his palm that was tingling at that moment.

He tried not to think much about it and how it made him feel when their hands came in contact ( he might have thought 3 or 4 hours a day about it which is really not that strange, I mean anyone in his situation would, right? Right.)

Okay, so maybe when he says that he ran into the said-demon that day that might not be a completely accurate description of what had happened.

It was more like this: he left Namjoon’s apartment; went into the elevator; pressed the 4th floor button; was about to leave the elevator when he caught a glimpse of a petite figure locking their front door causing him to stumble back into the elevator rapidly pressing the button for the ground floor until he felt his finger was going to fall off. It was only when the elevator was between the 2nd and 1st floor that he realized that Yoongi might have taken the stairs and that they were sure to meet on the ground floor. The thought had him frantically slamming his hand on the large red “STOP” button causing the shrill sound to resound in his ears. In his panic state he forgot that the “ STOP” button was only to be used in the case of emergency ( and he definitely considered this to be an emergency), but the downside was that once you pressed the button, it was only firefighters who could come and rescue you. So he had to wait for about half an hour for the firefighters to arrive and set him free while glaring at him when he said that he had accidentally pressed the button instead of the button for his floor and chuckled nervously, wanting nothing more than for the ground to open up and swallow him whole. At least he avoided encountering Yoongi that day.

He contemplated the way he acted and he couldn’t figure out why he had such a dramatic reaction when he saw his neighbor.

All he knew was that he didn’t have enough time to figure out the reason for his out-of-the-ordinary behavior when he saw Yoongi 3 days later who was approaching their building from one direction while Jin was coming from the other direction.

Yoongi had his head lowered, but Jin could clearly see the dissatisfaction on his face as he held a silver iPhone 7 ( well somebody sure had money) in his pale hand, staring at it as if it was insulting his entire existence.

It was actually really funny seeing that expression on the otherwise 24/7 pissed off demon, but it stopped being funny when Jin realized that they would arrive to the entrance at the same time and that Yoongi would see him.

His heart almost jumped out of his chest when he saw Yoongi lifting his head and at that rate he was definitely going to see him, so Jin did the only reasonable thing he could remember.

He threw himself in the bushes next to their building.

That’s right.

Threw himself.

With a plastic bag in his hand containing a cardboard of milk and a box of eggs.

Well, it CONTAINED those things, but of course when he practically jumped into the bushes with his lack of coordination, it was no wonder that he found himself covered in milk, with egg shells stuck to his hair as the yolk kept dripping from his hair, across his face and all the way to his new white sweater ( that he had bought a few days ago costing him half of his paycheck).

On that day he made a note to himself.

Just because someone does something in a movie, and makes it look cool and painless-it does not mean that the same thing will work in reality as well.

No wonder there were those warnings such as “ KIDS DON’T TRY THIS AT HOME” at the beginning of videos where people did extreme things like tried to jump from a 5th storey building into a swimming pool down bellow, or hit themselves with a glass bottle in the head and were completely fine. Although, Jin always had a suspicion that when the cameras stopped rolling those people were probably rushed to the hospital for broken limbs, or a concussion.

Now, he knew for sure that “ throwing yourself into the bushes to avoid someone” could definitely be considered one of those things not to try at home, or wherever, judging by the sharp pain in his back and cheeks.

However, he had more important things to worry about at that moment as he slowly peeked out of the bushes, searching for his neighbor.

Luckily, Yoongi seemed to be nowhere in sight and Jin let out a long sigh of relief, before getting up and slightly limping to the entrance of his building.

It would have been so embarrassing if Yoongi had seen him doing that little “stunt” and the result of it- him covered in egg shells and yolk.

Truly a beautiful sight to behold.

NOT.

This kind of irrational behavior on his side continued every time he even caught a glimpse of Yoongi in the hallway, or in front of the building, causing him to run off in the opposite direction, or hide pathetically behind a large metal waste container one day ( yes, he has stooped that low, shut up) just to avoid crossing paths with his neighbor.

He wrinkled his nose in disgust at the foul smell coming from the waste container, slowly peeking out to see if the coast was clear.

When he confirmed that it was, he closed his eyes and relaxed.

“ What in the world are you doing, really?”

Jin could feel the skin raising on his back as he heard that familiar hoarse voice behind him.

He slowly turned around and of course he was met with none other than the person he had been trying (and succeeding) to avoid for the past two weeks.

Even though Jin was slightly taller, and his body was broader, Yoongi had his arms crossed and his chin raised as if looking down on him.

Jin felt so small in that moment, and so ashamed that he was caught behind a stinky waste container nonetheless.

He stared at his feet, mumbling, “ I don’t know what you mean.”

“ Oh?” Yoongi’s voice was questioning, but Jin knew that it was all just mockery.

“ Well then let me refresh your memory,” he said and Jin bit his lower lip anxiously, still not daring to look up and meet Yoongi’s eye.

However that did not stop the demon from continuing his speech.

“ A few days ago you saw me in the hallway and practically flung yourself back into the elevator. Then about a minute later an alarm went off and I heard the doorman calling the firefighters saying how someone was stuck in the elevator. I wonder who that could have been…” Yoongi finished in a sarcastic voice and Jin gulped. So he knew that Jin was avoiding him.

“ And then about 3 or 4 days later, once again you flung yourself into the bushes. Let’s not forget the fact that you looked like after you emerged from it, covered in some yellow disgusting stuff, looking like a scarecrow.” Yoongi snorted, and Jin frowned.

Okay, yeah, he knew that he didn’t look his best at that moment, but a scarecrow? Isn’t that a bit too much really? He didn’t dare voice out his thoughts, though, especially because it seemed that his neighbor was not done with his speech.

“ So, either you have a tendency to throw yourself around and look like a complete idiot, or you are avoiding me. Now, usually I wouldn’t care about it, but since you are still suspicious-this kind of behavior is making you even more so in my eyes. So spit it out, Kim Seokjin. Why are you acting this way?” Yoongi demanded to know, his voice firm.

Jin really had no answer to that since he had no idea why he was avoiding Yoongi either.

It wasn’t because he was scared of him ( okay, he was, but that did not stop him from talking back to the demon before), but it was just that he was…Confused?

Whenever he had eye contact with Yoongi, whenever those penetrating orbs met his, something would stir inside of him.

His palms would get slightly sweaty and his heart beat would accelerate.

He knew that he was attracted to his neighbor physically, despite everything he couldn’t help it, but he was attracted to hot people before too, but he never felt this way?

Maybe it was because nobody had ever been this cold towards him?

Whatever it was, it bothered him.

And now he couldn’t even look Yoongi in the eyes as he struggled to find the right words, still staring at his feet and kicking a little pebble in front of him.

“ U-uhm, well…” he started in a shaky voice, but then something brushed the underside of his chin.

Before he could even process what had happened, his chin was tilted up, and he was face to face with his neighbor whose finger was underneath his chin, his narrowed, cat-like eyes boring into him with his mouth parting, letting out that husky voice that causes shivers to go down Jin’s spine every time he hears it, “ Look at me when you are talking.”

The order in the tone of that husky voice was apparent and it had caused a sort of churning in Jin’s stomach.

He was slightly afraid, mostly nervous, but then there was something else.

Spite.

He hated being ordered around and he hated the demon’s arrogance, so he responded on reflex, letting out a flat, “ No.” slip out of his lips, before giving it enough thought.

That had the demon confused for a moment, his eyes slightly widening, before he regained his composure, gritting out, “ What do you mean-NO?”

“ I mean exactly what I said. I don’t owe you any explanations for my behavior. If this answer does not satisfy you then you are welcome to do something about it. Now, if you will excuse me.”

Jin had no idea where that sudden wave of confidence came from, but while the adrenaline was still rushing through his veins, he forced his legs to move as he turned away from Yoongi, not even waiting for his reaction and taking steady, but large steps towards their building.

He didn’t want to seem like he was running away although he wanted nothing more than to do just that.

He was dying to turn around and see if Yoongi was following him, ready to fulfill his prior threat and finally burn him to death, but instead he kept walking.

It was only when he came back to his apartment and locked his front door that his legs gave out as he hit the cold marble floor.

He leaned his head on the door and kept bobbing it back and forth, each time slamming it on the door slightly, but enough to hurt a bit, muttering under his breath, “ stupid, stupid, stupid.”

He should really visit a doctor and ask to have his head checked, because it seemed that he had lost his mind, talking back to a demon like that and practically inviting him to kill him.

Why Yoongi hadn’t done that yet, was beyond him, but he wasn’t going to question it.

He was just going to continue living in fear.

And here was the strange behavior his neighbor displayed that Jin was talking about earlier on.

The next morning, Jin was leaving his apartment to go to University and he was already running late.

He couldn’t afford to miss this lecture since he had already been absent a few times and if he came in late this time, his grade was going to drop.

“ Hold the elevator, please!” he yelled as he rushed towards the elevator that someone had entered already on his floor.

The gray metal doors were closing and he was so not going to make it, but then whoever was inside the elevator placed their hand in between the door, waiting for him.

Jin felt relieved as he came to the elevator, saying in a breathless voice, “ Thank you so mu…Oh.”

He stared in horror at the figure that was inside of the elevator, waiting for him and holding the door for him.

The figure placed his hands in the pockets of his dark blue skinny jeans, leaning on the elevator wall, his black hoodie swallowing most of his thin frame, his eyes droopy, probably from lack of sleep, but alert and sharp as always as they were now staring right at him.

“ Are you going to come in already? I don’t have the whole day to be waiting for your brain to catch up with your body.” the irritated tone of voice left those dark rosy lips and Jin really wanted to take the stairs instead, but he was sort of a nerd and he needed high grades so he swallowed hard, before stepping inside the elevator.

He tried to create as much distance between them as possible, almost gluing himself to the door when it closed.

He could hear Yoongi’s shallow breathing behind him and he was sure that Yoongi was staring at him, because he could feel it at the back of his neck.

It was probably not wise to have your back turned to a demon, but then again if Yoongi wanted to hurt him, he would have done it in a matter of seconds no matter if Jin was turned with his back towards him or facing him.

And since when did this elevator ride get so long?!

To him it seemed as if the elevator was not moving at all, and he started feeling trapped and short of breath.

He never experienced real panic attacks in the past, but ever since Yoongi moved into this building, he was sure that he was going to develop them in no time.

When the elevator finally dinged, announcing that they have arrived to the ground floor, Jin felt he could breathe again.

However, he was surprised that Yoongi was not bolting out of the elevator, and his curiosity beat the best of him as he turned around and glanced at the demon.

His pulse quickened as he was met with Yoongi’s bored look, his mouth moving as he was chewing a bubble gum and lazily popping a bubble, before saying in a monotonous voice,           “ What? Do you expect me to carry you out of the elevator or what?”

Jin widened his eyes in shock, feeling his ears heating up as he spluttered, “ N-no! Uh, bye!” and with that magnificent way of saying goodbye, he sprinted out of the elevator without looking back although he could have sworn that he caught a glimpse of amusement in Yoongi’s eyes when he said that.

But then again, he was sure that he was imagining things.

As if those cold, dead eyes are capable of being amused, Jin scoffed while rushing towards the University.

 

This day had been particularly long, too long, if you ask Jin.

From the moment he woke up later than usual due to his alarm clock deciding to betray him this morning, causing him to get stuck riding the elevator with one particular demon who seemed to be bolder than ever, making Jin even more flustered with his weird comments about “carrying him out of the elevator” and if that thought didn’t seem to bother him that much well then he blames it on exhaustion and on his brain who decided to go rogue these past few days in the presence of one and only Min Yoongi, making him do and say stupid things.

Yes, it had been a particularly long day, but it dragged even more with seemingly never-ending classes and not even Ken, who was usually the mood-lifter managed to stay awake during Professor Choi’s two hour lecture on various types of wood and their uses, followed by a half an hour long documentary about trees. Okay, yeah, he was studying Interior Design and he would probably need it at some point in the future ( maybe if he went on some expedition to build a cottage for some tribes in the freaking Amazon rainforests), but currently when he was a young man living in Seoul, and mostly decorating clubs or shop windows in the stores and malls, he really didn’t think that it was useful for him to spend hour and a half of his life listening to some old dude talking about tree composition and what-not spoken in the most sleep-inducing voice he had ever heard in his life.

Once the documentary ended and the Professor clapped his hands to finally signal the end of the class, Jin blinked sleepily, raising his head from where it was placed on his desk, wiping the drool from it and from the corners of his lips. He looked over to Ken who was in an even worse state than him, his mouth wide open, his head thrown back, drool hanging from the corner of his lips. Now, any nice person would wake Ken up, before someone saw him like that. However, Jin was his friend. His close friend. And that meant taking a picture of drooling Ken, leaving him like that and then posting the picture on Instagram. Yup. That’s what true friends do.

So, maybe now what he was witnessing was some sort of twisted karma paying him back for doing that to Ken.

He took the subway home and he was walking towards his building, still feeling drowsy from that tedious lecture.

It didn’t help that it was getting dark as well, making him want to just crawl into his warm bed and sleep for at least 12 hours straight.

From the darkness, a faint sound made Jin stop just a few feet away from his building.

He stood there on the sidewalk, listening carefully.

There it was again.

Faint again, but Jin recognized the sound.

He crossed the grass, leading to the back of his building.

“ Meow~”

He quickened his steps to the little passage that was located at the back of his building.

He was just about to get into the narrow passage when he heard it.

“ Attention-seeking creature, aren’t you?” a voice had said.

Jin knew who it belonged to, and his heart knew as well, skipping a beat, but there was something wrong with the voice.

It sounded almost…Fond?

“ We had cats in the demon world…But not like you. They were much stronger. Much uglier as well. While you are…Cute? Yeah. Cute.” the voice continued and Jin couldn’t believe it when he heard it.

A chuckle.

The demon knew how to chuckle.

Something warmed his body and he shivered.

He felt strange.

He knew that he should leave, but he really wanted to see Yoongi’s expression so he tried to get into the passage as quietly as possible, and when he did…Well, he felt his knees going weak at the sight in front of him.

There in front of the tiny kitten whose large eyes were yellow green, shining brightly, its fur completely black except the one white spot covering its left ear, was Min Yoongi, crouching and scratching the little fluffy creature behind its ear making the adorable fur ball let out contended noises, purring and leaning into Yoongi’s gentle touch. The ball of fluff was able to melt anyone’s hearts, Jin thought, but what made him melt inside was the expression his neighbor currently had.

He was staring at the kitten, his lips curled into a tiny smile, but a smile so gentle that Jin had to focus intently on it, to prove to himself that yes, Min Yoongi, the usually expressionless or furious demon was actually smiling in such a way that made Jin’s heart beat uncontrollably. And then, as if that wasn’t enough to make Jin go weak, clenching his fists, Yoongi leaned down, nuzzling his nose in the kitten’s head, closing his eyes, before planting a light kiss on the soft fur, making the kitten let out the most adorable mewl ever, and in turn causing Jin to let out a little choked up sound.

He didn’t mean to.

But, he couldn’t stop it when he saw that gesture that had him completely stunned and making him feel dizzy with how warm and soft Yoongi looked at that moment, as if he was also a cat.

However, the spell was broken, because that sound was also the final nail in his coffin judging by the way Yoongi was looking at him.

His eyes seemed lighter for a second, but then when Yoongi looked at him, the colour was back to jet black, pure shock swirling in those usually expressionless orbs before being replaced by an emotion Jin knew very well on that face and in those eyes.

Contempt.

Yoongi got up in an instant, ignoring the little fluff ball that was making dissatisfied noises at the sudden lack of attention.

“ I just…” Jin started quickly speaking, raising his arms in front of him as if to defend himself and provide an explanation for why he was observing Yoongi like some kind of creepy stalker, but Yoongi was apparently in no mood for explanations as he harshly grabbed him by the wrist, practically dragging him into the passage and slamming him to the cold wall.

Jin hissed in pain when his back hit the wall, but he had no time to think about it, because Yoongi was just a few inches away from him, burning holes in his face with the intensity of his glare.

“ You know, I really tried to give you the benefit of the doubt. But, it’s kind of hard to do that when you keep appearing wherever I go and then you put on that mask of innocence, pretending that it was all a coincidence. It won’t help you that your cousin is Jungkook’s roommate. If anything that’s another thing that makes me doubtful of your true intentions and persona. The next time I catch you following my every move, believe me, I won’t be merciful.” Yoongi spat out every word with so venom that Jin couldn’t even respond.

He stared at Yoongi, parting his lips to say something, but no sound came out.

It was as if he was transfixed by his neighbor.

Was this really the same guy that seemed almost, dares he say it, angelic a few moments ago?

“ Tsch.” Yoongi scowled, before letting go of his wrist and walking away, out of the passage.

Jin couldn’t let all of this end up in a misunderstanding once again and he opened his mouth,      “ Yoongi wai…Ahhh!”

He was just about to call out to Yoongi when he heard a noise behind him and as he turned around he felt pure terror spreading through his body.

The kitten who had started moving towards them, probably following Yoongi, stumbled a bit, accidentally bumping into the large waste container.

The problem was that the lid on it was on the edge and a simple touch, no matter how weak, was enough to cause it to start falling down towards the little creature.

Jin’s body reacted on its own accord, already accustomed to flinging itself anywhere and he jumped towards the kitty, falling over it, circling it with his hands and lowering his head above it to protect the kitten from the harsh impact.

He waited for the numbing pain, but nothing happened.

He felt something wet on his cheek and he concluded that the fluff ball had just him.

“ You are so troublesome.” the voice above him said in a sort of disbelieving and defeated tone and when Jin looked up, he saw Yoongi towering over him, the metal lid which surely weighed about 25 kg now in Yoongi’s hand as if it was a simple ball.

Jin blinked at him in confusion, and watched Yoongi tossing the metal lid back on the waste container as if it was light as a feather.

“ Can you get up?” Yoongi asked and he seemed impatient, but something else as well…Jin couldn’t quite figure out what.

He just knew that Yoongi’s eyes were slightly lighter again.

He must be glad that the kitten was fine.

Jin nodded, taking the kitten in his hands and slowly getting up.

He swayed a bit when he got up, but soon a hand found its way to his waist steadying him.

The coldness of the finger pads splayed on his hip was bleeding onto his skin even through his shirt and he barely managed to suppress the shudder that was crawling up his spine.

Surprisingly, Yoongi did not move his hand immediately.

In fact, they just stood like that, staring at each other as if studying each other.

Jin saw Yoongi’s eyes roaming his face and when he his lower lip to calm his nerves, he saw Yoongi following that movement, his gaze flickering to his lips for a brief moment, causing Jin’s heart to palpitate.

Who knows how long they would have stayed like that if the creature in his hands hadn’t protested, letting out a long mewl.

Jin flinched in surprise while Yoongi removed his hand from his waist and even though the hand was ice-cold, it somehow made Jin’s body go unbearably hot.

He looked down at the creature that was now sticking out his paws towards Yoongi, and Jin said quietly, “ Uhm, I think it wants you to hold it?”

He looked at Yoongi with uncertainty, once again completely taken aback when his neighbor just stretched his arms forward, saying , “ Give it to me then.”

Jin immediately complied, placing the kitten in Yoongi’s hands, staring at it in awe, watching how easily that little creature buried its nose in Yoongi’s chest, making sweet noises at the back of its throat and at that moment Jin kind of envied that cat for being able to somehow make its way in Yoongi’s good graces.

“ Hey there, you reckless little creature. I can’t let you out of sight for one moment without you causing trouble?” Yoongi spoke softly to the little creature that he was now cradling in his arms.

He turned around and started leaving, and Jin stood there, still unable to comprehend what had just happened.

“ Are you coming? Or do you plan on spending the night here?”

Jin was startled out of his thoughts when he heard Yoongi’s voice.

He looked ahead and Yoongi was standing in front of the passage, the moonlight illuminating Yoongi’s face, bringing it to almost transparent state, but there was no mistaking the glimmer that shone brightly in Yoongi’s now black orbs with a golden sheen.

The darkness of the passage was swallowing him, and even though it was safer there than in the moonlight next to the real creature of darkness, Jin just couldn’t resist it.

Not now when Yoongi was the one inviting him, maybe offering him some sort of an olive branch.

So he took the chance greedily, rushing towards his neighbor and the kitten in his hands while stuttering, “ Y-yeah, I am coming.”