One

Whispers in the Dark

“ I still can’t believe that you are dumping me for that .”

“ Jin, first of all we are not in relationship, so I can’t dump you. Second of all, you are the one who set me up with him half a year ago. Third of all-that is your best friend.” Hoseok said while chuckling.

Jin crossed his arms over his chest, not even sparing a glance at his now ex-roommate of 2 years.

“ Well if I had known that you two would hit it off so well and that you would leave me all alone to pay the rent then I would have never introduced you to Namjoon in the first place.” Jin sulked, slumping even more in his beige sofa.

“ Oh come on, you have enough money to pay for this place alone. The only reason we were roommates was because you were desperate when Tae wanted to move in here instead of the University dorms and you used me as an excuse and dragged me out of my dorm to live here with you, because you didn’t know how to reject Taehyung.” Hoseok said, plopping down next to his sour-faced friend.

“ Well, he is my cousin after all. I mean I couldn’t have really told him that I do not want to live with him for fear of coming to the apartment one day to find it burned to the ground. You know how careless Tae is…And besides, you should be grateful that I saved you from spending any more time with that nasty roommate of yours. Man, I think the guy had never heard of a shower or a deodorant in his life.” Jin said with a shudder, remembering Hoseok’s extremely unhygienic roommate.

Hoseok shivered as well when he remembered the horror of living with that filthy guy in his 1st year at University.

“ Don’t remind me. Besides, I know that deep down you are happy for me and Joon.” Hoseok grinned as he nudged Jin in the elbow and Jin let out a defeated sigh as he said.

“ That’s true. You two really were lost causes when it came to love. If it hadn’t been for me you would have probably died surrounded by cats and Namjoonie…Well, Namjoonie being the God of Destruction that he is would have probably ended up killing himself accidentally.”

“ Hey! He is not that bad!” Hoseok complained until Jin gave him a “ are you kidding me” look that shut Hoseok up.

“ Well, I guess this is goodbye.” Hoseok finally said as he got up from the sofa, taking the last box in his hands and staring at his soon-to-be former apartment.

Man, he sure was going to miss this place.

“ Come on, I will walk you to your new place.” Jin said with a light smile and Hoseok grinned back.

Jin threw his arm over Hoseok’s shoulder as they walked towards the elevator.

Once they were inside, Jin leaned on the elevator wall, saying “ I can’t believe that we won’t be seeing each other as often.”

“ I know. But, we will try to visit as often as we can.” Hoseok offered with a sad smile as they exited the elevator.

They walked for a while until they stopped in front of the red door with a number “10” on it.

“ Well, then, goodbye my roommate.” Hoseok said, his eyes sparkling with sadness and Jin felt sick.

“ HOBIIII!!!!! DON’T LEAVE ME!!!!” Jin screamed in desperation and Hoseok dropped his box before pulling Jin in a tight hug.

“ Oh God! I AM SCARED, JINNIE! What if Joon accidentally suffocates me in sleep, rolling on top of me or something like that?!” Hoseok wailed and Jin patted his back, saying “ That’s a valid concern, buddy. You can always come back, I mean it.”

The red door behind them opened and a confused man with tousled ash brown hair asked, “ Why are you two crying?”

Jin glared at the tall man, spitting out venomously “ Because you are taking him away, you !”

The blonde frowned, saying, “ He is going to be living 3 floors underneath you. It takes you literally 2 minutes to our apartment, so why are you being such drama queens?”

“ EXCUSE YOU. HOW DARE YOU?” Jin growled at the same time Hoseok did and the blonde groaned, lifting his hands in front of him defensively.

“ Forget I said anything. Hobi when you are ready, I ordered pizza. Jin, I wanted to invite you too, but seeing that you hate me now…” the tall man said before retreating to his apartment and leaving the door open.

Hoseok and Jin looked at each other until Hoseok asked, “ So…You coming in?”

“ Hell yeah. I never say no to pizza.” Jin answered and both of them laughed, before entering Hoseok’s new apartment.

 

After a few hours, and a multiple amount of insults thrown at Namjoon for taking the best and cleanest roommate ever away from him, Jin decided to return to his apartment.

At least his stomach was full now.

He entered the elevator and pressed the button to the 4th floor.

He wondered what he should be making for dinner now that he was alone, and he was so deep in thought that he didn’t realized that his foot got stuck on something until he was sprawled on the floor.

“ What the…?” he muttered in confusion, noticing a brown cardboard box he had tripped over.

Could it be that Hoseok forgot one of the boxes, Jin wondered, feeling confused that the box was two doors away from his apartment.

He rolled his eyes and started putting the things that had spilled from the box inside it.

He was on his knees, collecting the objects that were scattered around the floor and he furrowed his eyebrows.

Since when did Hoseok own so many objects for making music, Jin wondered as he was placing a black speaker inside the box.

The last object lying on the floor was a pair of large dark blue headphones and as Jin held them in his hand, he was sure that he had never seen Hoseok wearing them before.

“ What. The. Hell.Do.You.Think.You.Are.Doing?” a low, menacing voice coming from above him had his hair-raising.

He looked up only to be met with the most murderous pair of dark orbs staring right at him.

He was so startled that he let out a little squeak and dropped the headphones on the floor.

Well, they were supposed to fall to the floor, but by some inexplicable turn of the events, a pale hand managed to catch them and Jin was now face to face with the most attractive man he had ever laid his eyes upon.

And the scariest.

The man in question was staring at him with such rage, his eyes narrowed at Jin, his dark red lips pressed in a thin line, their noses almost touching at the proximity they were in that had Jin swallowing hard.

His heart was beating like crazy and there was an unsettling feeling in his chest.

“ ing ANSWER ME.” the guy almost growled through gritted teeth and Jin widened his eyes, feeling his heart in his throat.

“ I-I am s-sorry, I thought this was m-my ex-roommate’s box. H-he just moved out today and I t-tripped over it. I am so s-sorry!” Jin managed to stutter out, bowing his head low, hoping that this was not the day he dies.

There was silence after that and he finally managed to relax slightly when he felt the guy moving away from him.

That was until the guy spoke again, his voice still deadly.

“ This better be the last time you touch my things. If you ever cross paths with me again, you better look away, or else…”

Jin looked up at the guy who had already picked up his box and was disappearing into the apartment two doors away from his.

Jin was rooted to the spot on the hallway, still shocked at what had happened.

He had a new neighbor who was the most terrifying person ever despite his petite figure and somehow he managed to piss off the guy to the extent that had his new neighbor threatening to him.

On top of that, the guy moved at inhumane speed!

One minute he was there in front of him, and the next he was already disappearing inside of his apartment.

Was he even human?!

After about 10 minutes, Jin finally managed to peel himself off the floor and took shaky steps towards his apartment.

Once he was inside, he locked his front door twice and went to his bedroom, plopping down on his bed.

He stared at the ceiling and blinked a few times.

He took his cell out of his jeans and started typing a message.

To: Hobi~

23:57

Please, come back…

From: Hobi~

23:58

Why, what’s wrong? :(

To: Hobi~

23:59

My new neighbor wants to kill me…>.<

From: Hobi~

23:59

Oh come on, I am sure that’s not true. You never had enemies in your life. :p

To: Hobi~

00:00

But, this guy is a DEMON!!!!! O.O

 

As soon as Jin typed that last word, ready to send his friend a message-the screen on his cell went blank.

“ What the hell?” Jin murmured, staring at his cell.

“ You disobeyed me…There is a price to pay…” a low whisper had Jin’s blood going cold as he stared at the pale figure leaning on his door, his black hair falling over his forehead, arms crossed over his chest, those eyes piercing through his soul.

Jin opened his mouth to scream, but no sound came out.