Twelve

Whispers in the Dark

I really wanted to post this chapter on Yoongi's b-day, but I didn't get to finish it in time...TT.TT

p.s. For those of you that are also following my JinKook "Truth or Dare" story, I just want to tell you that I am not sure when I will be able to update it. I know what I want to write and I have everything thought out, but I don't have the time to sit down and write it at the moment. I barely managed to update this. So, I apologize for the wait...


When Jin regained consciousness, his head was throbbing and he was so unbelievably thirsty.

 “ Oh, is the sleeping beauty finally awake?” a voice mocked, but Jin’s whole body ached, his mouth too dry to form a sentence or a word in response.

He blinked a few times, his eyelids heavy as his eyes tried to adjust to his surroundings.

Jin squinted, trying to make sense of the dark room he was in, but then he realized that he was not in a room.

He was in some sort of an abandoned warehouse?          

He tried to move his hands, but as soon as he did that, a sharp pain spread through his wrists causing him to wince.

It was only then that he noticed that he was tied to a chair in the middle of the warehouse.

The only light was coming from the moonlight that managed to break through the high windows.

Once again he tried to free himself, but the ropes were too tight, cutting his skin with every attempt of getting free.

“ It’s no use. Those are silver strings used to restrain vampires, so of course a mere human such as yourself wouldn’t be able to get free. So, stop trying. You are only hurting yourself and we need you alive as a bait.” another voice said and this time it sounded familiar to Jin.

It was only when the figure was in front of him that he recognized who it was.

It was the guy from the nightclub that Yoongi had scared off a few nights ago.

“ You!” Jin hissed in shock, his throat burning.

“ Yes, me.” the guy smiled in such a sinister way that gave Jin the chills.

“What do you want from me?” Jin whispered, finally realizing the gravity of situation he was in.

“Oh, I don’t want anything from you. But, you can bring me what I want. A certain demon.” The guy sing-songed and Jin could feel panic rising inside of him.

He knows about demons?

Then that means that this guy was not human??

“I see that you have finally realized it. Took you a while, though. Usually, humans realize that something is off about us, but you…Well, I could smell your despair as soon as you walked into that nightclub. I was prepared on taking my sweet time with you since you are so pretty, but damn who knew that I had hit a jackpot. Who would have thought that you know the one and only, Min Yoongi, who is the target of most creatures from the underworld as well as other worlds.” the guy chuckled when he said that and Jin could feel his heart beating loudly.

Not only was this guy not human, but he was also after Yoongi.

!

“ W-what are you?” Jin asked in pure fear, although he was not sure that he wanted to know the answer.

“ My dear naive human, I am an incubus. I engage in ual activity with women until I the life out of them. I feed on their energy and get stronger each time I have a ual with my pretty little victims. It is thought that I am a strictly heteroual demon, but the truth is that I am biual, especially when I come across someone as fine looking as you.”, the blonde man said with an evil smile, tracing his finger along Jin’s jawline and making Jin flinch in disgust. The guy chuckled in amusement, before continuing in a deeper voice, “ You almost got me in trouble, though. Of course a demon would immediately recognize an incubus when he saw one, and if it wasn’t for your anger distracting Min Yoongi then I am sure he would have killed me on the spot. Like this I managed to get away with a threat to stay away from you unless I want to get killed. However, I couldn’t resist not going for the main prize. The one and only heir to the demon kingdom.”

Jin stared at the man grinning at him, his eyes gaining a wild sparkle that made Jin’s fear intensify.

But, most of all he thought about his words.

So, Yoongi knew what this guy really was and actually saved him?

But, why in the world didn’t he tell him any of that, but instead had to insult him and then forcefully kiss him?

That idiot.

He was startled out of his thoughts when the man crouched in front of him, a smirk on his lips as he said, “ Who would have thought that a human would be able to conquer the heart of the demon heir. I heard rumours saying how Min Yoongi was a cold demon, only able of displaying fury, or indifference. And while I heard of humans falling for demons, the opposite is very rare. Lucky for me, not in this case. And now we just have to wait for Min Yoongi to rush to your rescue and fall into our trap.”

This guy was so delusional, Jin thought, blinking at him in confusion.

“ Sorry to disappoint, but Yoongi has no feelings for me. So the joke is on you. I am so glad that you will not catch him, you bastards. I hope you burn in hell.” Jin said defiantly.

He was surprised when the man just snorted as if he had said the silliest thing ever and said, “ You really are clueless, huh? Well, if you had seen the way Min Yoongi looks at you and if you had heard the rage in his voice when he thought I did something to you then you would know how wrong you are. There is no doubt that he will come and save the one he loves.”

Jin couldn’t speak.

The one he loves??!

What?!

There was no way…

These guys were insane.

“ He is here.” the other guy said and Jin widened his eyes in shock.

No way.

Yoongi would never come for him.

He wouldn’t risk his life for him.

Because then that would mean that he cared.

And he doesn’t.

Not for him…

Right?!

“ Oh, he is fast.” , the blonde murmured under his breath, a vicious smile playing on his lips.

“ Well, well, fancy meeting you again.” the guy, incubus, whatever the hell he was, said with a satisfied smile to a man who had just walked into the warehouse.

Jin widened his eyes in shock.

It really was Yoongi.

Yoongi came for him.

He couldn’t think properly as he felt inexplicable joy spreading through his body.

But, wait a second…

The guy said that this was a trap?

No…

“ YOONGI, RUN! IT’S A TRAP!!!” Jin screamed the best he could, startling the two guys in front of him, but Yoongi just kept walking towards them, not even faltering in his steps.

“ I know that, sheesh, you idiot.” Yoongi said in a deep voice, although Jin heard no malice.

It actually seemed fond as he said it and Jin was rendered speechless when he noticed that Yoongi actually seemed relieved that he was alive.

The moment was gone in an instant when Yoongi’s eyes flashed dangerously red, his expression cold, and yet so full of anger as he growled, “ And now, let me deal with you bastards.”

Jin wasn’t even sure what had happened next, but when he saw those two guys turning into actual monsters and throwing themselves at Yoongi with such speed, he closed his eyes, unable to look.

The screams so shrill and so petrifying pierced his ears and he started shaking.

He tried to free himself desperately, wanting the cries to stop, but the silver strings kept digging into his skin and he could feel the warm liquid on his hands and ankles.

Finally, the screams stopped, but he did not dare open his eyes.

He felt two cold hands cupping his face and he recoiled in fright.

“ Hey, hey…It’s okay, it’s just me…” he heard that low voice that sounded so unbelievably soft now that he was sure he was dreaming.

However, when he slowly opened his eyes he was met with a look he had never before seen on the demon’s face.

His usually pitch black eyes were now actually lighter, almost the colour of melted chocolate as they stared at him with so much emotion that Jin’s breath got stuck in his throat.

He could feel the way that Yoongi’s thumbs caressed both his cheeks and he wasn’t sure if this was real life.

There was no way that this was actually happening.

“It was a trap and you came anyways…W-why?”his voice was barely above a whisper as he stared at Yoongi’s eyes, desperately searching for an answer.

The demon cracked a little soft smile that had Jin’s stomach in knots that became even tighter when Yoongi gently said, “ You know why. Besides, those two weaklings were no match for me. I can’t believe that they thought how the two of them could take me down. Now, let’s get you home.”

And with that Yoongi untied him while Jin stared at him with his mouth open in a silent question.

But his question had just been answered.

And yet, he still couldn’t believe it.

“ Put your hands around my neck.” Yoongi said and it wasn’t an order or anything. It was more like a plea, and Jin could see the way Yoongi looked at him, regretting that Jin got involved in all of this, because of him.

Jin immediately obeyed, wrapping his arms around the demon’s neck and letting out a little surprised sound when Yoongi hoisted him up, Jin’s legs wrapped around his waist with one of Yoongi’s hands underneath his and the other coming to firmly rest on his back.

“ Don’t let go.” Yoongi had whispered in his ear as he spread his wings and departed from the ground.

Jin didn’t need to be said that.

He wasn’t intending on letting go.

Not now.

Not ever.

Once they were up in the air, it finally dawned on him what had happened.

He could have died.

Yoongi could have died.

Yoongi risked his life to save him.

Yoongi cared about him.

It wasn’t an unrequited love.

At that last thought, Jin burst into tears as he nuzzled his noise into the crook of Yoongi’s neck.

“ Shhh, you are safe now. I promise.” Yoongi comforted him, his hand running up and down his back to soothe him and Jin hugged him even tighter, before pulling away slightly to look at Yoongi straight in the eye and say, “ I know. I am just really happy.”

Yoongi looked at him with a strange expression on his face, before chuckling and shaking his head in disbelief.

“ You really are such a strange human.” Yoongi stated affectionately, before pressing a chaste kiss on his lips that had Jin squealing from joy as he buried his nose in Yoongi’s neck once again, his ears burning and earning him another laugh from Yoongi which was music to his ears.

Once they were in Yoongi’s apartment, Jin reluctantly let go of Yoongi although he wanted to be in his embrace forever.

“ Did they hurt you?” Yoongi asked quietly as he placed Jin on his sofa and Jin shook his head.

Yoongi seemed unconvinced as he gently took Jin’s hands in his and inspected them with a frown on his face when he saw the bloody marks from where the strings had cut into his skin.

“ Yoongi, it’s nothing. It’s just a shallow cut.” Jin tried to assure him, but Yoongi just told him to sit still on the sofa and wait for him.

He did so, and his heart was beating so fast as he waited for Yoongi that he was sure that he was going to pass out.

Screw the near-death experience when his crush liked him as well!

He felt so giddy and his cheeks started hurting from how widely he was smiling.

“ God, you are hopeless.”, Yoongi said with a sigh when he sat next to Jin and saw him smiling.

Jin sulked, until Yoongi started treating his wounds with the first-aid kit he had brought.

He was mesmerized as he followed the way those slim fingers worked efficiently, every touch sending sparks through his body.

Once Yoongi was finished, and started walking towards the bathroom to put back the box of first aid kit in the cupboard, Jin noticed how tired Yoongi seemed.

His eyes were droopy, and his shoulders were hunched.

And as much as he wanted to be with Yoongi, he needed to let the boy rest.

So when Yoongi got back, Jin was already standing at the door.

Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and asked, “ What are you doing?”

“ Oh, well, I should let you rest. After all, you fought with those guys and you seem exhausted, so yeah…” Jin said gently.

“ There is no way I am letting you leave after everything that had happened. It’s not safe. So, you are spending the night here, of course.” Yoongi said in a matter-of-fact voice and Jin blinked a few times.

“ B-but, you defeated them, so it’s fine and besides…” Jin started protesting until Yoongi practically materialized in front of him ( goddamn those demon skills) and placed a finger on his lips to stop him from talking.

His eyes were once again soft, and even lighter than before, almost the same colour as Jungkook’s when he said, “ Jin, that wasn’t really a question. You are spending the night here.”

Jin shivered when Yoongi said his name.

He tried to remember if Yoongi had ever addressed him by his name, but usually he was called a “human”, or “you” or Yoongi used his full name and surname.

So, the way Yoongi said his name definitely affected him in a way that left his skin tingle.

He wanted to pinch himself to make sure this was not a dream.

But he couldn’t.

Because Yoongi took him by the hand, intertwining their fingers and leading him towards the bedroom.

“ Honestly, I am worn out. Let’s go to sleep.”

Jin felt his heart beating wildly at what Yoongi had just said, but the demon seemed so casual about it that Jin felt slightly disheartened.

“ Here, this is the biggest T-Shirt that I could find. And my sweatpants should fit you. Go change and I will get the bed ready.” Yoongi stated in his usual voice that showed no particular emotions and Jin felt like an idiot for being the only one nervous and excited about sleeping in the same bed as his crush.

Not to mention wearing his clothes.

He frowned and took the clothes, feeling slightly agitated as he stomped towards the bathroom.

Maybe he did imagine what Yoongi had said in the warehouse?

He changed into Yoongi’s clothes which surprisingly fit him perfectly and he returned to the bedroom.

The light was already turned off, and besides the moonlight illuminating the room, the rest was in darkness.

Jin saw that Yoongi was already in the bed, his eyes closed and was it possible that he was already asleep??

Well, fine.

Jin huffed in annoyance as he climbed into the bed next to Yoongi, leaving as much distance as possible between them.

If Yoongi could be so laid-back about this, then he could too.

He his back and placed his hands behind his head.

He stared at the ceiling and sulked, realizing that he was actually disappointed that Yoongi hadn’t tried anything.

Okay, great that he is a gentleman, but if you are in the same bed as someone you declared your love to about a few hours ago and even saved that person from death, then wouldn’t you at least want to cuddle or something?

But, what if he had imagined it?

What if Yongi’s ,“ You know why” did not mean what he thought it meant?

But, then, why would Yoongi kiss him afterwards?

Jin was so preoccupied with his thoughts, that he did not notice he was being observed.

He got slightly startled when he felt a slight breeze on his neck and he turned around to see Yoongi sighing with a displeased look on his face.

The distance between them was now smaller, but their bodies weren’t touching.

That did not stop Jin’s heart rate from picking up.

He stared at Yoongi who looked at him and said, “ What are you thinking about so intently?”

Yoongi was lying on his side, his head propped on his elbow and Jin turned completely to face him.

It was now or never.

He swallowed nervously, lowering his gaze towards the sheet, unable to look at Yoongi straight in the eye as he spoke, “ I was just wondering…What you said back at the warehouse…What did you mean by it?”

Silence ensued after that and Jin was getting more sure that he really did misunderstand Yoongi back then.

He bit his lip worriedly, feeling like a complete idiot until there was another sigh from Yoongi.

Jin looked up only to see Yoongi shaking his head, a chuckle escaping his small lips as he said, “ You are really going to make me repeat it, aren’t you?”

Jin blinked in surprise at the demon who actually seemed…Flustered?

Yoongi looked at him, before lowering his voice which sent chills through Jin’s body in a very good way as he said, “ Well, I am better with actions than words…So, I will just show you what I meant by that…”

Jin said nothing, even if he wanted to, he couldn’t.

He was so captivated by the smirk on Yoongi’s face, and it was only when Yoongi scooted closer to him, and said in that husky voice, “ Close your eyes and lay on your back…” that Jin’s body actually reacted, obeying in an instant.

He was so tense, waiting in anticipation to see what Yoongi was going to do that he almost screamed from how tense he was when he felt Yoongi’s fingers splaying over his stomach with only that thin fabric separating the skin-on-skin contact.

He held his breath, as he felt Yoongi moving on the bed, and he was so unprepared for Yoongi’s soft lips to come in contact with his neck that he gasped in surprise when that happened.

He heard Yoongi’s breathy laugh at his reaction, but he didn’t dare open his eyes.

Instead he tried to keep his heart beat at a normal rate, but Yoongi did an amazing job at disrupting him as his lips kept moving along his neck while he placed those butterfly kisses, mouthing the words against Jin’s skin and making his ears burn.

“ I have thought about doing this…” Yoongi’s breath tickled his skin as he whispered against his neck while his fingers lightly tapped Jin’s stomach as if playing a piano.

Jin slightly arched his back, gripping the sheet with one hand as Yoongi continued trailing kisses against his neck, his breath hot, his lips nicely moist, his husky voice irresistible as he continued, “…but, I wouldn’t admit it to myself…”

“Ha…” Jin breathed out as Yoongi now lightly nibbled on his jaw, continuing, “ I was so afraid of this desire…”

Yoongi’s lips were now under the soft skin of his ear, and Jin was already feeling unbearably hot, but when Yoongi lowered his voice even more, whispering, “ this desire that drove me crazy for a particular human…” and lightly on that sensitive spot, made Jin stutter out a desperate, “ Y-yoongi!”

“ Jin…~” Yoongi’s low voice reverberated in his ear, making him slowly flutter his eyes open, turning his head to meet Yoongi’s gaze.

Their faces were just an inch apart, their lips so close that if any of them leaned just the slightest, they would connect.

Jin wanted it so bad, but he didn’t dare make the first move, not with the way Yoongi was looking at him.

His eyes glimmered in the darkness, those two now almost golden orbs so enticing that Jin got lost in them.

 Yoongi’s hand travelled from his stomach until it rested on his cheek, making him lean into the touch.

“People can lie, but demon’s eyes can’t…” Yoongi continued in that hushed voice, his eyes never leaving Jin’s and Jin must have seemed confused, because Yoongi cracked a small smile, his thumb Jin’s cheek gently, causing Jin to melt under his touch.

“ I am sure you have noticed my eyes are lighter now…” Yoongi said, and Jin nodded.

He did wonder why that is, though…

“ Well, don’t you think they resemble Jungkook’s now?” Yoongi asked and Jin nodded once again.

“ Jungkook once had pitch black eyes just like I did…But then he met Taehyung…And with time, his eyes kept becoming lighter and lighter until they settled on that golden brown colour…” Yoongi said, and Jin couldn’t control his heart rate anymore…

He was sure that even Yoongi could hear how loud his heart was thudding in his chest, but he couldn’t find it in himself to care.

Not now when Yoongi was saying what he thought he was saying.

“ So, who do you think is responsible for the change in the colour of my eyes?” Yoongi whispered, the corners of his lips tugging upwards while Jin felt all coherent thoughts leave him.

Yoongi chuckled, saying, “ I hope that answers your question…”

Jin nodded once again, before his lower lip.

A movement which didn’t go unnoticed by Yoongi whose eyes became slightly hooded, his gaze more dangerous now…

“Can I kiss you, now?” Yoongi whispered, but Jin couldn’t find enough air inside of him to produce a simple consent, so instead, he closed the distance first, bringing their lips together.

Yoongi let out a little surprised sound, before smiling against Jin’s lips, his hand sliding from Jin’s cheek to the back of his neck and bringing him even closer to himself, until their bodies were flush against each other, their lips melding together.

Jin felt as if his skin was boiling with the way Yoongi’s lips ghosted over his, with intention, but so gently at the same time, kissing him over and over, so innocently and yet it was more than enough to steal Jin’s breath. He sighed into Yoongi’s mouth, his hand finding its way to Yoongi’s waist as he rested it there, for support, because the way Yoongi pressed himself against him, even though there was no more space left between them, the way Yoongi alternated the speed of the kiss, at first just quick chaste pecks that become more and more rushed and deeper with each kiss, caused a whirlwind of pleasure in Jin’s chest and stomach, making him hold onto Yoongi’s waist for his dear life. Yoongi seemed to be experiencing the same feeling, with his hand moving from his cheek to his waist, slipping under his ( Yoongi’s) T-Shirt, the coldness of Yoongi’s fingers against his heated skin raising goosebumps all over his body as he gasped into Yoongi’s mouth at the sensation. Yoongi hummed against his lips, never losing his rhythm with his tongue coming out to along Jin’s bottom lip that had a shiver running down Jin’s spine as he opened his mouth to welcome Yoongi’s advances. Yoongi wasted no time as he let out a pleased sound when he finally inserted his tongue into Jin’s wet mouth, dragging it along every inch of his mouth so agonizingly slow that made Jin want to scream out of frustration. Yoongi tasted like coffee, rich and bitter and while Jin preferred his coffee sweet, he could definitely see himself switching to strong coffee in the near future if it tasted anything like Yoongi tastes now. Yoongi was now lying half on top of him, one of his legs in between Jin’s as he deepened the kiss, his nails digging into the soft skin above Jin’s waist making Jin mewl and tilt his head up to provide even better access to his mouth for  Yoongi’s insistent tongue.

“So ing beautiful”, Yoongi murmured as he separated their lips for a moment to inhale some air, and before Jin could respond something, Yoongi was diving in once again, slamming their lips together passionately, capturing all of the air from Jin’s lungs along with his heart. Jin gave in completely to this sensation, trembling and purring underneath Yoongi, his hands wrapping around the demon’s neck, fingers running through those black, silky strands as he arched himself towards Yoongi, breathing him in and making the demon growl into the kiss.

Jin wished for this moment never to end.

After kissing for what seemed like hours, Jin had finally fallen asleep.

Yoongi’s arm was underneath his head while Jin was curled up against him, warm puffs of his breath fawning over Yoongi’s neck and making chills rake through the demon’s body.

He took his time to observe the human in his arms, admiring the way Jin looks after that intense make-out session that left them both breathless.

His lips were red and swollen from kissing, ears still slightly pink from embarrassment and Yoongi’s stomach tightened every time he realized how shy and embarrassed Jin could be and he loved it so ing much that he couldn’t stop himself from leaning in and lightly biting on Jin’s earlobe, causing the human in his arms to stir in his sleep and let out such a cute little sound that was more like a hiccup, making the flutters spread through Yoongi’s chest.

Yoongi couldn’t believe everything that had happened today.

It was definitely one hell of a day.

From the moment he found out that those two scumbags had captured Jin that made his world crumble, already imagining the worst case scenario, until the moment he saw Jin, looking so small in that chair, tied up and scared, that made his heart clench for being responsible that Jin’s life was endangered and now…

Now, Jin was here.

Safe and sound in his arms, and Yoongi realized that there was no use fighting his feelings anymore.

He realized that today when it dawned on him that from the moment they became associated, Jin’s life was in danger, just by knowing Yoongi.

So, then why fight it?

Why fight his feelings for Jin when he couldn’t protect him by denying his feelings.

Then it was better that he just admits that he is in love with his human neighbor and do everything in his power to protect him from getting hurt.

“ Mmmhm…” Yoongi looked down when he heard Jin mumbling in his sleep and he smiled to himself when Jin curled into him even more, his fingers still loosely fisted in his T-Shirt from the moment they finally stopped kissing, causing Jin to fall asleep like that with a silly, adorable smile on his pretty face.

Yoongi buried his face in Jin’s hair, inhaling that sweet smell of strawberry-shampoo and closing his eyes.

When Yoongi woke up in the morning, the warmth of Jin’s body having spread on his own as the boy in question practically lied on top of him, unconscious to the world, Yoongi realized with a grin on his face that this was the first time since he had come to Earth that he had no nightmares.

He pressed a soft kiss on Jin’s forehead, before wrapping his arms around Jin’s body and letting himself relax for at least that short amount of time, forgetting about all of the problems for that one moment of pure bliss.