Hospital

A Typical Love Story

IN THE HOSPITAL 

 

Jessica's POV

 

My eyes flew open. Everything was white.

Hospital? Right, i had fainted. 

I felt nauseous as images of the accident invaded my mind. Blood.. everywhere... I had screamed and hyperventilated and eventually passed out. Yep, right there by the roadside. 

 

Speaking of accident, it had been all my fault. All my freaking fault. 

What have i done?! I had landed my own sister in the hospital, fighting for her life. What a freaking GOOD job i had done right. 

 

I scrambled off the hospital bed, and rushed to the emergency unit, ignoring the nurses' calls behind me.  I HAD to see unnie. True enough, when i arrived, Krystal and Seunghyun oppa was there. Seunghyun oppa had his head buried deep into his hands and Krystal was just staring into blank space. The 'emergency' sign on the closed door was luminious red and i felt my knees weaken. Guilt had swallowed up my whole being. What if... What if... the operation...is not successful...

 

Just as i was falling to the floor, Krystal noticed and rushed to hold me up. I immediately broke down in her arms, the second time that day. 

 

"K-Krystal...I-I'm such a horrible person! Tell me i'm the w-worst...T-this was all my f-f-fault.." I drew a deep breath, trying to steady my sobs but they only came out worse. "W-what have i done? U-unnie got hurt while trying to s-save me! And I..I--" I cried harder into her sleeve, wetting it. 

 

"Shh.. Jessica...This is not your fault, stop blaming youself, neh?" Her voice was soothing and the on my hair were gentle. "It's gonna be alright..Everything's gonna be alright. Now, now, shh, stop crying okay? I'm sure Tiffany unnie will pull it through. Afterall, she is a really strong girl, am i not right? so...have faith in her, neh? " She gave me a reassuring smile. 

"Y-yeah..Thanks Krys." By now, my sobs had died down to sniffles. i amiled back at my best friend, thankful that she is there for me. 

 

Just then, a woman wearing all white emerged from the room. The three of us stood up as she approached us, rather flustered. "Hello, are you all here for the patient, Tiffany Hwang?' After we nodded, she continued quickly. "Well, don't worry. So far, the operation has been successful. The patient is out of danger. However, she is losing too much blood. We need someone who could donate blood. Is anyone of you an O+? "

 

My heart sank. i am an AB. Afterall, i am not unnie's biological sister. I look at Krystal hopeful but she shake her head at me sadly.

 

"Here, take mine. I am Choi Seunghyun, a healthy O+ male." What? "Seunghyun oppa.." I started but he cut me off, grinning at me. "It's okay, Jessica."

 

"Well, then we better hurry, Mr Choi. Thank you and this way please." The nurse interrupted and started leading him away. 

 

"T-thank you so much, oppa!" i called after him and he turn around, giving me a thumbs up. 

 

After Seunghyun oppa left, Krystal and I went to get something to drink. I had felt a little better after knowing that the operation was successful and that Seunghyun oppa is willing to donate his blood to save unnie. I guess he really does love Tiffany unnie alot. I sighed. 

 

"Here you go." Krystal handed me a drink and sat down beside me.  I took a sip and the sweetness sort of covered the bitterness i felt in my heart

 

"You know, i confessed to Seunghyun oppa. Hah, what a fool i am." I laughed bitterly. "He doesn't even feel that way to me. And to think i was even a third party. Gosh...I am pretty messed up, huh."

 

Krystal look at me sympathetically and sighed. "Now that you had calmed down, let me tell you something." She drew a deep breath and started. 

 

"Jessica ah, you knew that Seunghyun-sshi and Tiffany unnie met before right? Well, Tiffany unnie did lie about not having feelings for Seunghyun-sshi. I guess they both love each other back then, but not really a couple. They were too stupid to realise the other's feelings and they sort of drift apart. Afterall, they are not in the same year. "

 

"But why did she have to lie? She could have told me honestly when i asked!" I fidgeted in my seat, getting a bit agitated.

 

"I think i know the reason. It's because of you." 

 

I gasped. "What? No way!"

 

"Well, I really shouldn't be snooping around but i was eavesdropping on your sister and her friend, Yoona-sshi, a few days ago. Your sister was crying and she was saying something about you confessing to her that you like him, whom i assume is Seunghyun-sshi. And she continued talking about how you were adopted into my family and that she is your only sister. She also said she can't bear to hurt you. Then, there was one sentence that i remembered. She was telling Yoona-sshi : "You know i can't love him! And i never would. Jessica...It was so tough for her that time, she suffered so much.. And now when she finally found her true love, being a sister, of course i must go all out for her, right?" so.. i guess that's why she lied to you. She wanted you to be happy, Jessica ah. All the time she must be suffering alot." 

 

Whoa. I was speechless. So.. she was sacrificing her love and happiness.. for me ?  For my happiness? I frowned as a fresh round of tears seeped out of my eyes. I misunderstood her....

 

" R-really? OMG, i screwed it all up Krystal ah..badly.. What should i d-do? After all i did to her, she even saved me and got into an accident. And all i had done is yell at her and even slap her. I-I should be the one knocked down! She doesn't deserve it..." 

 

Krystal pulled me into a hug and pat on my shoulders gently. "Don't say that. Like i said, nobody wanted the accident to happen... I guess right now you can do is wait and apologise to her later. I'm sure she will understand. And regarding Seunghyun oppa... "

 

"It hurts, Krystal ah. But i-i will back out and let the two of them be together. After all the chaos i had created...I really felt bad. And i can sense Seunghyun oppa really really love Tiffany unnie deeply. Look how he is willing to donate his blood without hesitation.. They are a match made in heaven and i had came to create havoc...I gueess after all she had done for me, i should sacrifice for her too."

 

"Time heal all wounds, right? I am still glad you made the right choice. Sometimes, letting go is the right thing to do. I'm sure you want Seunghyun-sshi to be happy right? And i'm certain your happiness with come too..." 

 

"I guess so.. Thanks Krystal. I really can't live without you you know." 

 

"Well, i'm honoured." 

 

And i laughed, the first time today. 

 

 


 

Soooooo.. argh i don't know what to say about this chapter. Hopefully it isn't too crappy. OTL.

Oh, and sorry for the late update! I'm busy in a holiday mood. XD

Anyway, a few people unsubscribed. :'(

BUT a big welcome to my new subscribers! don't be shy and leave comments okay! I love reading them <3

HAVE A NICE DAY GUYS^^