[KaiBaek] Someone Like You

Empty Files (EXO)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Someone like You

 

Pairing: KaiBaek

Summary: Jongin should have known not to try his luck with a beautiful old Victorian home, especially with his... abilities.

Notes: idk what this is, written a year ago. don't watch too much ghost adventures and long island medium. get out of teh house and live (^.^')

 

Year 2014

 

 

 

 


When Jongin finally moved into the small restored Victorian house on the quieter side of town, he was ecstatic. The three bedroom house was won at a steal on an auction for near-condemned homes. Moving in had been easy with the help of some old high school friends, and now that things were packed and put away, Jongin was settling in and slowly making the place look lived in and approachable. The dead landscaping defiling the lawn was removed and roses along with various climbing ivy and temperamental grasses were planted. And with a fresh coat of paint, the outside of the home was restored to its former glory.


However, the same could not be said about the inside of the home and Jongin was currently in the attic, dusting everything down and trying not to die inhaling who-knows-what. Within the small triangular prism shaped room, there was a tiny circular window looking out onto the street, late evening light filtered in through the dirty glass pane. Based on the depth of the light, Jongin knew he had been stuck in the room cleaning for more than a few hours. So far he had cleaned out a family of spiders and had gotten rid of most of the dust plaguing the room. The only thing that prevented him from making any more progress was the fact that there were boxes and boxes of junk along with miscellaneous antiques that Jongin was already planning to get rid of in an impromptu garage sale.


Still, this stuff wasn’t going to sort or clean itself, so with a sigh, Jongin rolled up his sleeves and proceeded to bend over and attack the first stack of taped boxes with a box cutter. The first few were full of nothing but old clothes and Jongin easily set those off to the side. He could always sell them by the box or donate them to Goodwill. Halfway through the obnoxious pile, Jongin felt a tug on the hem of his loose shirt.


Jongin immediately whirled around and looked around the room. There was nothing but the sorted piles of boxes in the middle of the room and a couple of dust piles left next to the idle broom he was using earlier. Frowning, Jongin pulled the hem of his shirt back down and turned around again to sift through the contents of an old book he found in one of the boxes. A pile of photos practically slipped out of the hardcover book, luckily Jongin caught them just before they could slip to the floor in a scattered pile.


A lot of them looked like old polaroids, most of them centering around a young boy with a bright smile and a slim build. Jongin assumed they were photos of the previous owner and uninterested in prying too much, Jongin quickly shuffled through them and put them off to the side. Some more stuff was left in the box and Jongin was about to reach in to see what else was left behind when he felt something touch his hair.


Startled, Jongin covered his head with his hands and almost fell down, though he did manage to catch his balance long enough to turn around in bewilderment. Once again there was no one behind him, and he couldn’t reasonably explain the feeling of having something almost like fingers sifting through his hair…it was a curious touch and when Jongin realized that he was alone in an old house, with the nearest police station a good way across town, fear began to set in.


Standing up again, Jongin immediately left behind all the stuff in the attic and began shuffling down the folding stairs as fast as he could. There was no way in hell he’d stay in in the stifling attic any longer without having someone else accompany him and if it all happened to him again—


“Hey, where’re you going!? I wasn’t done!” A voice called out and Jongin once again found his eyes drawn up to the attic. The words were said in a causal tone, nothing like some old time ghost a Victorian house would usually have like the ones on TV. Surprised and more than a little panicked now, Jongin lost his footing on the step ladder and the weightless sensation of falling overwhelmed his senses. Cursing, Jongin closed his eyes, tensed and braced for a painful impact that never came.


“Ah , I think I’m gonna feel that tomorrow.” The same voice from earlier said and it echoed once again. It sounded as if a young man were talking, though it wasn’t an overly deep or commanding tone of voice.


Opening his eyes slowly, Jongin was surprised to see the delicate features of a young man with a nice smile and shiny brown hair parted in the middle and falling attractively across his forehead. The man noticed him looking at him and he smiled charmingly. “Hey beautiful, you should watch where you’re going next time.” Then as if to make matters worse, Jongin’s brain chose that exact moment to register the fact that he could see through the attractive man.


Said man didn’t seem too concerned with the dawning horror on Jongin’s face, instead he was biting his lip and following the lithe line of Jongin’s body under his loose shirt with heavy and dark hazel eyes. He then smirked before shuffling Jongin in his arms a bit and then a petite palm connected with the surprised human’s .


“Yup, I was right, this is way better than memory foam,” The man said to himself, nodding in agreement all the while Jongin felt an embarrassed heat make its way up his cheekbones. It also didn’t help that the man/ghost /thing started gripping the flesh and kneading it, as if it were completely normal for him to fondle someone without permission. “I’ve been wanting to do this since you decided to trespass, so worth the wai—”


“LET ME GO!!” Jongin shouted, squirming frantically and trying to slap away wandering hands along with secure arms. The ghost appeared to be very surprised and at any other moment, Jongin may have found his mere expression funny, but he was feeling violated and maybe his mind was a little blown at the fact that a ghost looking man had just caught him, saved him from a nasty fall, and then proceeded to feel him up.


“Woah, hey calm down!” The man shouted, but Jongin was too busy squirming and slapping him away to realize that the arms holding him were trembling in fatigue. They were still suspended in the air where the ghostly man had caught Jongin, but there was only so much energy he could expend holding up a human. “I mean it! I don’t want to—”


“AHH!” Jongin screamed when the ghost suddenly faded a little more and he was once again falling, this time tumbling the rest of the way down the stairs. Unharmed but roughed up and bruised, Jongin sat up once he reached the bottom of the stairs. His ached where he fell on it and he was sure that there was a going to be a big bruise decorating the middle of his forehead for the rest of the week. The thin man from earlier was still faded, but he did have enough sense to cast Jongin a sheepish glance and a hastily bitten out, “I did try to warn you.”


Groaning, Jongin flopped back onto the floor and shut his eyes, covering them with a lazy arm thrown across his face just to keep the light from spearing his eyes and giving him a headache.

 

 

 

 


Later when Jongin was properly bandaged and gingerly sitting on a fluffy couch pillow, the human found out that the see through apparition went by the name Byun Baekhyun.


“I should have known there was something wrong with you.” Baekhyun lamented, sighing dramatically as he crossed his arms and shook his head in mock disappointment. “It’s always the prettiest one you gotta watch out for.” He added, like he wasn’t the strange one in this situation.


Scowling fiercely, Jongin resisted the urge to throw something at the man. “I’m not the one with the problem, you erted, prepubescent—”


“Hey now,” Baekhyun interrupted, holding up his hands and waving them in front of his chest as if he could dispel all the insults hurled at him. “I am not a ert. Nor am I a boy. I am in fact very manly and I’ll have you know that someone your age shouldn’t be bending down and digging through stuff if you don’t want someone to touch you.”


“I was cleaning! And I wasn’t even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter