[SeKai] Now Look Here!

Empty Files (EXO)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Now Look Here!

 


Paring: SeKai


Summary: It’s been a long time since Jongin last visited his home town, so imagine his surprise when he comes home to find the kid he used to tease is back, and he seems intent on making him feel confused.


Notes: This was vaguely based off a manhwa I read once, I forgot what it was called, but it was super cute and funny, if a little confusing at times. Then again, most manhwa is confusing to me unless I read it while completely focused. I might make another SeKai or KaiSoo story based off Totally Captivated. Now that is some quality manhwa >:3

 

 

 

 

Waking up in the room that he had grown up in was a little disorienting. For a moment, when Jongin had opened his eyes and saw the sunlight streaming in through the curtains and highlighting the Big Bang and Shinhwa posters in his room, he was transported back to a time when he was a kid.


He almost expected his alarm to begin blaring and his mother to rush into the room to yank the covers off of him. But then the events of the day before came into mind in a flash of colors, sounds, and most importantly, a feeling and ash coal eyes.


‘I wonder what Sehun’s life was like after he left?’ Jongin thought, sitting up in bed and squinting at the bright morning sunlight. It may have been more than a decade since the last time Jongin saw Sehun, and in all that time the younger man must have gone to school and graduated. Maybe he was in college or working at an office? There was a lot that could have changed in all the time that Jongin and Sehun had been away from their small town, and despite not outwardly admitting it, Jongin was curious about Sehun. A small part of him also wanted to get close to Sehun once again to learn new and old things about him and generally find his old friend again.


A knock at his door had Jongin snapping out of his thoughts and he was almost startled at his father’s muffled voice come through the door. “Jongin, wake up! Your mother has gone on a cooking spree in the kitchen, but I can’t guarantee there’ll be enough food left for you to eat if you decide to sleep in.”


“I’m up!” Jongin shouted, easily springing out of bed and scrambling to reach the door. He opened the heavy wooden door to see his father smirking on the other side, already dressed for the day in a simple shirt and fitted slacks.


“You still look half asleep.” His father pointed out, smiling once more and laughing when Jongin huffed and swatted him out of the way as he walked down the hallway. “I am half asleep,” Jongin muttered, ignoring his father’s chuckle as he followed his son down the hallway. When they reached the stairs, Jongin took his father’s arm and helped maneuver him down, even if he did protest needing help.


Once downstairs, Jongin’s mother was in the kitchen, humming softly along to the song playing on the radio as she stood in front of the stove. The smell of a western breakfast, bacon, eggs and toast permeated the air. A small basket of blueberries was placed in the sink, rinsed off and dewy in the morning light. Deciding to be sneaky, Jongin crept to the sink and reached out to grab a handful of blueberries.


“Jongin, if you’re going to eat those, at least wash your hands.” Mrs. Kim called out without turning around. Pouting, Jongin did as his mother asked and washed his hands before he dived into the blueberries.


“Aish, this boy hasn’t changed at all.” Mr. Kim grumbled, though he hid a fond smile behind the newspaper he was reading at the table. Jongin was prepared to mumble something back about the apple not falling far from the tree, but when he turned around he almost choked on the few blueberries he managed to shove into his mouth.


“That’s not exactly true Mr. Kim, I can spot a few differences between the Jongin now and the one I knew when I first moved here.” Sehun said with a sly smirk, his eyes not so subtly looking at the widened collar of Jongin’s old shirt, almost baring one shoulder. His heavy eyes then traveled lower and took in the sight of Jongin’s long bare legs, his black sleeping shorts doing nothing to hide anything. Jongin shuffled a bit under Sehun’s scrutiny and he resisted the urge to run back upstairs and put on some pants and maybe comb his hair. Compared to Sehun who looked effortlessly handsome in his plain jeans and fitted white shirt, Jongin felt like a slob.


Luckily, Jongin was saved when his mother steered him to his seat and gently forced him to sit down. “Food’s done, now sit down and eat.” Mrs. Kim chirped happily, her black and white hair now contained in a French braid.


“Sehun, that includes you too,” Jongin’s mother added insistently as she set the table. Mr. Kim nodded in agreement and he folded up his newspaper, using the wadded bundle to pat the seat next to him, directly across from Jongin. “You can sit right here Sehun.”


Smiling, Sehun muttered his thanks and took the seat, not missing an opportunity to send Jongin a playful wink, meaning he was caught staring at Sehun. Immediately blushing, Jongin looked away and began poking at his freshly prepared food.


“So Jongin, how is life in the nation’s capital?” His father asked, breaking the silence and catching everyone’s attention.
Jongin gulped a little and tried not to look like a deer caught in the headlights of a speeding truck. “Well, things have been good so far. I’ve become a fairly successful writer so I don’t have to worry about bills.”


“You write?” Sehun asked as he finished pouring vast pools of syrup on his pancakes. “I thought you wanted to be a dancer.”


Jongin avoided his eyes, his shoulders tensing for a moment before he let himself relax. “It didn’t work out that way…” There was a time and place for everything, and although losing his budding dance career to an old back injury happened long ago, it still stung Jongin with bitterness. Maybe his life would have been more fulfilled if he were able to follow his dream.


“I’m sorry,” Sehun apologized and while Jongin hated to be looked down on with sympathy, Sehun sounded genuinely sincere. His contrite expression also may have helped Jongin loosen up, for some reason Sehun hadn’t outgrown his slightly pouty frown. The effect it had on Jongin’s senses was unbelievable.


“I-It’s fine!” Jongin settled for blurting out as he blushed and looked down at his food again. Feeling his own embarrassment crawl up over how awkward he was being, Jongin shoved some food in his mouth and hoped that he wouldn’t say anything dumb.


Mr. Kim scrutinized Sehun quizzically. “I’m surprised you remember that detail.”


Startled, Sehun fidgeted in his seat and Jongin had to fight back a smirk at how flustered he was. It was definitely much more amusing to be on the other side of embarrassment. “I-It’s nothing. It’s not every day a boy wants to be a dancer, so of course I remembered.” Any other time, Jongin would h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter