[SeKai] Golden Roses, Silver Thorns

Empty Files (EXO)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Golden Roses, Silver Thorns

 

⇩⇩ THIS NOW IS ITS OWN CHAPTERED FIC! ⇩⇩

Golden Roses, Silver Thorns

 

 

Pairing: SeKai     Minor KrisKai

Summary: Sehun is a bound alpha who can't help taking a second look at the King's new wild omega, after all, it's a bound alpha's duty to look after the King's concubines while he's away.

Notes: Failed , ABO verse, possible soul mate AU, and WARNING: Graphic depiction of violence ahead, read at your own risk 

 

 

Sehun can remember the day that he was captured like it was just yesterday. He kind of saw it coming, but he was still shocked and unbelievably hurt that his brother pointed him out and then collected the reward for him when he was caught, bound and then shipped off to the palace.

 


The same bastard who ordered his capture and paid for him was sitting right in the middle of the opulent hall. The tall man had thick blonde hair and his teeth shined in the low candlelight when he laughed. His fangs gleamed mockingly at Sehun and if he weren’t currently bound and forced to sit at the edge of the hall, he’d have punched the smug alpha right in the jaw.

 


As it was, Yifan was a royal, a King, and he was untouchable to a defanged slaved alpha like Sehun.

 

 

“My king, would you like more wine?” The omega Luhan simpered at the man, curling up into his side and lifting a graceful goblet of glass and gold to his alpha’s lips. Luhan was swathed in silk, embroidered elaborately with beautiful mandalas of wealth and paisley motifs of fertility. The silken pants he wore were tapered gently to the floor, sweeping away from his feet and the slit layers gave teasing glimpses of thigh and anklet bound feet. Yifan obligingly tilted his head back and he expectantly waited for the omega to pour the wine into his mouth.

 

‘Tch, lazy expectant bastard can’t even lift his own wine and take a drink!’ Sehun thought spitefully, eyeing the way Yifan's throat bobbed when he swallowed. Others were obviously eyeing the King's concubine, the little omega Luhan and his blue silks, the diamond choker at his neck no more than whips of silver thread and woven jewels. It was near scandalous for an unmated omega to even think of showing their neck, but Luhan had enough sway in the court for the lords and ladies to keep their mouths shut in his presence. That didn’t stop them from whispering behind his back, though.

 

Yifan finished the entire goblet of wine and once done, he grabbed the glass and slammed it down on the table with a triumphant shout. “Tonight, my court, we celebrate the successful downfall of the Kita!” He bellowed, his alcohol laden voice echoing in the hall.

 


Many lords and their mates, ladies and their slaves, cheered and the guard watching Sehun kicked him harshly in his side when he didn’t join in on the congratulatory shouting.

 

“Grovel, slave!” The guard whispered vehemently, his booted foot digging into his side. Sehun snarled at him and he let a low growl rumble in his chest. “I’m not lowering myself to the mindless puppet standards of this court!” He replied and the hall fell silent at his words.

 


Yifan stopped laughing obnoxiously and his face turned cold as he regarded the Bound Alpha and the troubled guard. “Oh? And what would a slave know of anything outside of puppetry? You seem to not recall the stings that I have bound you in, this makes you no better than a puppet and like the rest of my court, I am your master.”

 


The tension was evident in the room and Sehun stood to his full height against the outer edge of the wall, his broad shoulders falling back and his lips curling in challenge.

 

“You hold no domain over me, and I ain’t bowing to a toy prince who sits on the throne while his father’s out and fancies himself a ing king.”

 


Yifan’s face darkened and he shoved Luhan away from his side, ignoring the omega’s alarmed looks and subtle calming touches. “I am King, and no bound and chained, defanged alpha slave is going to challenge my rule!” He shouted and he looked even angrier when his eyes flashed red, the wolf within raising to the unspoken challenge and begging for a fight.

 


Sehun opened his mouth to say more, but the guard in charge of him saw his captain shoot him a warning look. So before Sehun could get in another insult, the guard drew his sword and used the of it to practically smash in the edge of Sehun’s jaw.

 


Pain blossomed in Sehun’s mind an all he registered before his eyes slipped closed was Yifan’s smug expression.

 

 

↭◈◈◈↭

 

 

Waking up was absolute hell, Sehun’s head was pounding and he groaned when he shifted in place. The room spun as he sat up and Sehun had to grit his teeth before he finally cracked his eyes open.

 


Sunlight streamed in through the barred windows of the dungeon and the cold stone floor made his joints ache. The scratchy straw strewn on the floor poked into his skin and he could feel a few errant straws sticking to his arms and face.

 


“Me and my big ing mouth,” He cursed.

 

He was knocked out and thrown into the dungeon before he could so much as try and make a leap for Yifan.

 


‘Hell, for all the trouble it got me, I should have made a pass for the feast food before I got kicked out of the dining hall.’ Sehun thought, rotating his head and lifting both his hands to work out a kink in his neck as his stomach rumbled in hunger. The chains connecting his hands rattled and Sehun didn’t have to look up to know that he was chained to the stupid hook on the wall above his head.

 


Sighing, Sehun used his hands to brush off the straw from his body. He supposed that after the luxury of not seeing the bastard prince for a few months, he grew complacent. Luhan was despondent the entire time the prick was gone, though that didn’t stop him from whining at Sehun until he gave in finally ed the concubine through his heat.

 


It was something that Sehun had to do, but he hated every moment of it. There were rules to being a Bound Alpha, and the one he hated most was the fact that he couldn’t ing . It because the omega or the occasional beta would moan and writhe until they got release and he’d be stuck with a painful knot that couldn’t swell because of the stupid ring he had to wear. Not like his bed partners ever noticed, the abominable thing had a fake knot on the base that Sehun wished were hollow so he could at least find some relief. But over time, it was something that Sehun grew used to, and the inability to release had made him the most stressed and irritated alpha in the courts.

 


The other Bound Alphas would sympathetically pat him on the back when they passed by, but if felt nothing more than condescending because Sehun knew they had partners who would slip off their ring from time to time. Yet it seemed that Yifan hated him more than anything, and aside from forcing him to deal with his harem of needy omegas, the prince treated him like dirt beneath his shoe. Therefore, he ordered Sehun to be bound at all times, forcing him to walk around with a ring and an uncomfortable fake knot on all the damn time.

 


Sehun supposed that it was supposed to make him ungraceful and look like an idiot, but the privileged in the court flocked to his side and wanted to bribe him for a place in his bed. And despite the pain, Sehun filled his nights with debauchery to spite Yifan, purposely leaving marks and even scent marking his catch for the night just to see Yifan’s lip curl in disgust in the morning when he woke up to a roomful of servants and advisors who positively reeked of Sehun.

 


In return, Yifan would throw him into the dungeon, but it wasn’t like Sehun had a particular attachment to the gilded and decorated room that he was forced to work in. Besides, Sehun had to live in much worse conditions with his brother before Yifan brought him here to serve. Sometimes Sehun liked to delude himself into thinking that the straw mat on the floor was the one in his old home by the ocean, and when he slept he often dreamed of waking up alone and free to do as he wishes. Sometimes he also dreamed that he was ing his mate and he came in droves.

 


That thought had Sehun groaning in frustration because his stupid twitched in interest. Those dreams were the best, because his dream mate was all shy glances and wide dark eyes, plump lips and a cute nose. It also didn’t help that his dream mate was unbelievably sweet and innocent, so much so that Sehun brought him to tears in pleasure in his dreams. His mate was his ideal and Sehun had to resort to images of bronzed skin, plump lips, and curved supple flesh just to get threw screwing some of the court betas who didn’t often have enough pheromones just to keep him hard, much less interested.

 


‘,’ Sehun cursed, looking down at his lap and noticing that he was now hard. He was sorely tempted to himself, but the snug ring would just prevent him from reaching an . It would be a waste of time, but if he was anyway, he might as well indulge himself with images of his dream mate. Closing his eyes, Sehun leaned his head back and recalled his most recent and vivid dream, it might have also been his favorite so far.

 


In the dream, Sehun was in a small hut, homey and clean, and everywhere a sweet tantalizing scent reached his nose, it was like the spice cinnamon mixed with the taste of sugar and fruit and he always felt relaxed. In this particular dream, he’d go outside and see the ocean glinting in the sunrise light and just twenty paces in front of him was his mate. Sehun would say something in his dream and the omega would turn around with a laugh and a beautiful smile that made his heart beat faster. Sehun usually wasn’t one for emotions or sweet words, but something about his dream mate made him want to write poetry and make a fool out of himself just to hear that laugh.

 


They’d sit and watch the sun for a while, the omega resting his head on his shoulder and Sehun would feel…content. Then being the wild and uncultured alpha he is, he would get and jump on his mate out in the open.

 

He’d take him in front of the ocean with soft sand acting as a pillow. Sweet moans and little whimpers would fill his ears and Sehun would knot the pretty thing, coming undone with a name on his lips. Jongin.

 


Opening his eyes, Sehun felt the last of his memories fade away. He wanted more than anything to leave the palace and find his dream mate. He wanted his freedom and he wanted the little hut on the seaside. He also wanted to enjoy his damn knot.

 


Footsteps echoed in the hall and Sehun felt like growling when a familiar scent assaulted his nose. He wanted to be left in peace for once, but then the prince wouldn’t be himself if he didn’t bother to make Sehun’s life more difficult.

 


“Well, I came here searching for a more obedient and meekly compliant slave, but I suppose that all you Bound Alphas are incapable of even something as simple as self-restraint.” Yifan drawled as he stopped in front of the bars of the dungeon, his eyes showing his disgust and his sleeve held up to his nose to block out the smell of Sehun’s arousal.

 


Sehun felt his eyebrow twitch in irritation and he had a few choice words about Yifan’s own libido, but he held his tongue and settled for growling out his question. “What the hell do you want you bastard, did you decide to come and apologize to a lowly slave?”

 


Yifan growled in response and his eyes flashed red, the dominating aura expelling off his form and making his little entourage curl up submissively behind him. “Silence! I owe you no apology!” He shouted angrily. He snapped his fingers and he turned and harshly glared at a nearby guard. “You, open the damn cage and place this-” He gestured to Sehun rudely before he turned back. “-Slave on the post in the courtyard.”

 

Sehun paled at those words, but he refused to show his fear on his face. Yifan seemed to be able to sniff it out though, because the man smirked at him when the guard rushed to open the door. “I came to give you one last chance to beg for forgiveness, yet it seems that I will have to show you that punishment begets those who speak out of line.”

 


Sehun didn’t fight when the guard came in to unhook his chain from the wall, but he did give the man a swift kick to the groin. The man groaned and fell over in pain and Sehun smirked in triumph, standing up and jumping at the bars of the locked dungeon. The bars and the chains rattled from the force he used to hit the door and Yifan reflexively took a step back.

 

“I’m not a slave, and I never will be! You should pray to your gods that I don’t ever break free,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter