[KaiSoo] Survival of the Fittest

Empty Files (EXO)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Survival of the Fittest       Pairing: KaiSoo   Summary: Young corporate drone Jongin is forced to act in a movie worth billions of won alongside South Korea's number one actor who has a formidable reputation for over running his co-actors. And if that wasn't enough, it seems that Do Kyungsoo has taken an extreme and personal dislike to Jongin's entire existence.  

Notes: Inspired by an Ereri fanfic I read a long time ago. And inspired by manhwas Bring it On! and Tottaly Captivated. 

 

 

 

 

One Year Ago:

 

Jongin, you are a wonderful person. The last few years of our relationship have been the happiest of my life, and despite our differences, I am glad that we complimented one another so well.

But, my heart has become conflicted, and I have decided to leave. I am sorry, do not look for me…

-Luhan

 

Jongin stared at the small note with disbelief. The sounds of a busy office reached his ears and the young man felt as if he were drowning. ‘Luhan wouldn’t really leave, right?’ Jongin thought to himself uneasily as he abruptly sat up in his desk, papers scattering across the floor as he whirled around and began striding to the front door. Memories of his first boyfriend passed through his mind, it had been an easy beginning, with both Jongin and Luhan denying their feelings and becoming confused, but in the end they worked it out and had been dating for more than two years before they got engaged a year ago.


‘What could have happened…?’ The distraught young man asked himself as he burst through the elevator of his office building and stumbled to the doors leading to the busy street ahead. Just that morning, Luhan had kissed him goodbye and wished him a good day at work- just like any other day. So what made this day the day he decided to leave?


Jongin made it to his car and the young man quickly opened the door and sat in the driver’s seat. He was sure that if he was fast enough, he could make it home before Luhan left, although he felt as if he were already too late. He ignored his instincts in favor of starting the car and pulling out into the street with a loud screech of tires.


He had to make it home in time…

 

 


Present:

 


“What do you mean that the actor just walked off set!?” The statement was exclaimed in a low growl and the young man holding the phone next to his ear winced as he pulled it a safe distance from his eardrums.


“Sir, I can explain-“ A young man with messy dark hair began to speak, only he was cut off by the deep voice over the phone.


“God damn it Chanyeol, don’t tell me your client managed to scare off another rookie!”


“Ah, t-that’s not what happened, sir!” Chanyeol protested immediately.


“Oh, really? Then the rookie just decided to quit working on a movie worth billions of won, with a twenty million won contract for no reason?” Chanyeol winced at his boss’ sarcastic tone and he tried to stutter out any excuse that would put his client in a better light, though it was very difficult considering it was his fault the co-actor quit. “Well sir-“


“Save it Chanyeol.” The older man interrupted with an agitated sigh. Chanyeol immediately tensed, expecting to hear the worst when his boss began speaking again. “Just find a new co-actor, and if Kyungsoo dares to scare this one away, you will both be fired and blacklisted for the entirety of your lives.” With that final threat, the boss hung up and Chanyeol was left with a sense of panic.


‘I’m sorry Umma, I should have listened to your incessant nagging!!’ Chanyeol thought in despair as he dropped his phone into his lap and began slamming his head on the table. The other occupants of the café sent him disturbed looks, but Chanyeol was too busy mourning leaving law school to join the entertainment business.


‘This is all Kyungsoo’s fault!’ Chanyeol dramatically stopped hitting the table (his head was really starting to hurt now) and sat up at the thought. ‘Yeah, it is his entire fault!’


Filled with a sudden and justifiable amount of indignant anger, Chanyeol picked up his phone and began dialing a number he knew by heart.


“Hello?” A deep sleepy voice answered on the third ring.


Chanyeol hesitated for a single moment, his survival instincts desperately trying to get him to hang up the phone, but before he could even consider the possible consequences of his actions, Chanyeol opened his mouth. “Do Kyungsoo, you narcissistic, selfish !”


“…Chanyeol, is there a reason that my dongsaeng is being so rude and informal with his hyung and employer?”


Chanyeol shivered at the deceptively calm voice, but once he began speaking, he couldn’t stop. “Technically, I’m your hyung. And you are not my boss, Junmyeon hyung is.”


“Do you really want to die?” Kyungsoo asked seriously.


Chanyeol gulped, but he chose to stick with his mission of finally scolding his difficult client. “You can’t kill me, your career would be over within an hour and besides, you can’t handle the sight of blood at all, you pansy!”


“OH? It seems that Park Chanyeol has grown some balls after seven years of working with me…” Kyungsoo’s voice dropped a couple octaves and his polite way of speaking made Chanyeol shiver in fear, despite what he said earlier. He didn’t doubt for a minute that the veteran actor could and would murder him and find a way to get away with it. “Well, I’ll have to change that. I will see you in ten minutes, and don’t worry, I’ll buy Baekhyun an apology card when he finds out his useless boyfriend has been castrated.” With that said, Kyungsoo hung up and Chanyeol was left looking pale and withdrawn.


“Umma, your ungrateful son will listen to you from now on!” Chanyeol murmured to himself, laying his head back on the table again.


“Hey! Sir, come back here!” Chanyeol frowned at the loud voice. “Sir!” The person called again and Chanyeol risked looking up curiously.


A tanned young man was busy chasing down a desperate looking guy carrying what Chanyeol guessed was a computer. He had to rub his eyes and look at the scene outside the café window just to make sure he was seeing things correctly. Something about the way the young man in a plain suit chasing the depraved man seemed familiar.


“Sir, come back!” The young man shouted and Chanyeol noticed that he was actually quite handsome. He was also fit, if the way he was gradually catching up to the thief said anything. “Sir-!” The young man called out again, and this time Chanyeol was absolutely certain he knew why the scene was so familiar.


The young man had been running across the street, intent on reaching the man at the other side, but a petite figure in an expensive black suit was in his way. Unfortunately, the distracted young man didn’t notice the smaller figure (Chanyeol ignored the fact that it was Kyungsoo in the hopes that he was wrong).


Exactly like the script in the new romantic comedy that Kyungsoo was staring in, the young man ran right into the short rich guy who turns out to be the man of his dreams.


“Ah-! !” Kyungsoo shouted (Chanyeol knew it was him the moment his dark and irritated voice reached him). The guy who was holding the stolen computer got away, but Chanyeol didn’t think that the young man chasing him minded at the moment.


“Ow-!” The young man groaned and Chanyeol watched him wince in pain as he lifted his upper body, stilling in surprise when he saw Kyungsoo lying under him.


Chanyeol watched them blink and if he had the movie script, he was sure that the young man had said the next line perfectly.


“Why is your chest so flat? Aren’t you a girl?”


Never mind, the guy was off script and Chanyeol was 100% positive that Kyungsoo was going to kill the cute business man for daring to compare him to a girl. 

 

 

-∽-

 

 

“Okay, so let me get this straight,” A young dashing police officer with black eyes and dark hair pushed back under a blue cap said. “Mr. Kim here was chasing down a thief when he ran into-”


“Do Kyungsoo, for the last ing time, remember my name you bastard-!” Chanyeol looked flustered, his large hands clamped over the bottom half of Kyungsoo’s face. The actor was flushed with anger and he looked so small held in his manager’s arms that the police officer raised an amused brow at his glare.


“Well, Mr. Do, Mr. Kim ran into you and he said something to incite your temper.” The officer repeated slowly but Kyungsoo was too busy fighting his tall manager off to answer.


“Yes!” Mr. Kim, a young man whose nameplate at his desk read Assistant Accounting Manager Kim Jongin, nodded and he held his bruised cheek. He was covered in scratches and if the officer didn’t hear the story three times by now, he’d have thought that the man got too close to a bad-tempered alley cat.


Nodding, the officer slipped his mini notepad back into the little pouch at his belt. “Mr. Kim, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter