[Various] Come On Baby, Light My Fire: Prologue

Empty Files (EXO)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

COME ON BABY, LIGHT MY FIRE:

Prologue


Summary: It was a messy pentagon? No, a rhombus? Either way, Jongin feels like Sehun doesn’t see him as more than an employer, his ex-husband is still a confusing prick, and the delivery boy and the restaurant’s biggest food critic don’t know when to give up.


Pairing: EveryonexKai SeKai KrisKai ChanKai KaiSoo

 

 

 

 


FIVE YEARS AGO:

 

 

 

Jongin nervously set a table for two. Everything was already immaculately set in place, the table cloth with the tasteful gold embroidery running down the middle was brought out, along with all the fine China within his home. Even a candle and a fresh arrangement of flowers were placed in the middle of the space and the silverware was just that— silver.


The clock ticked down endlessly, and within an eternity, the short hand changed from a one to a five and Jongin sighed. He had to physically stop himself from fiddling with anything else he’d already set up on the table, and yet… there was something in the air that made him extra antsy.


It was a feeling of something close to foreboding, but it came bearing the ill-feeling of bad luck. And that’s what Jongin was trying to distract himself from, the instinctual perception of misfortune.


‘He should be here by now…’ Jongin thought, glancing at the clock again. He had everything ready, from the night’s appetizer, entrée, and even the wine to be consumed after desert. Yet, the two important people the entire event was orchestrated for weren’t present.


A glance out the tiny kitchen window of the house he lived in with his husband showed that the sun had already set. Biting his lip now, Jongin abandoned his post by the table side and headed into the kitchen. His phone was plugged in next to the blender, the ringer set as high as it could go because he didn’t want to miss any calls that evening.


A quick check revealed no new messages and Jongin felt his heartbeat quicken in panic. Did something happen?! If so, how bad could it be to stop his husband and his critic friend from showing up for the dinner they had planned for months? Extreme worry clouded Jongin’s mind and he ignored on one his husband’s pet peeves— being called without sending a text beforehand.


The lock screen briefly commanded Jongin’s attention, and distracted him, as it always did. The photo was of him and his husband, the older of the two was squinting at the camera while Jongin was smiling widely, arms wrapped around the man’s neck. His left hand was in clear view and the sparkling ring on it had Jongin glancing d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter