[KaiSoo] Surprise?

Empty Files (EXO)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Surprise?

 

Pairing: KaiSoo

Summary: Jongin suspects Kyungsoo is cheating, but what he finds is even more shocking than possible infidelity...

Notes: This was supposed to be part of my Valentine fic collection, but I didn't finish it in time for the 14th, and I had some bad stuff happen on that day so I kinda lost inspiration for it...anyway, here it is (o^.^o)♪

 

 

 

 

Jongin was pissed.

Not because he'd spilled his hot coffee all over his finished paperwork first thing in the morning, not because he couldn't sleep with the sound of city traffic blaring through the open window of his stuffy apartment, but because it was February fourteenth.

That was the second week of the second month of the year and his horrible boyfriend didn't bother to send flowers, or candy, or even surprise him with balloons and a ticket to the spa downtown. All Jongin got was a text that said good morning like every other day and a gentle reminder to pick up the dry cleaning from last week before the place closed that evening.

So what was Jongin doing now? He was sitting in the living room, throwing back wine like it was sparkling water.

He was beyond pissed that the day had gone so wrong and he was more than ready to castrate the little bastard he unfortunately called a boyfriend.

Flushed with anger, Jongin glared at his phone, but upon seeing the wallpaper was a selca of him and said short prick smiling and laughing, he quickly changed the background to a puppy. It was a childish, spiteful thing to do and he felt a little vindicated, until a text popped up on screen.


From: Do Kangasoo ♡♥♡♬

Hey Jonginnie. Staying late for work. Have dinner w/o me, love u.


'Damn you,' Jongin though spitefully, pressing his wine glass to his lips again and tilting the glass up, only to realize that it was empty. Blaming Kyungsoo mentally, Jongin groaned and slumped into the couch, his face nearly being smothered by the arm of the seat. A pillow was wedged up against his ribs and feeling uncomfortable again, Jongin sat back up and pointed an accusing finger at his phone.

"I curse you idiot! I hope your falls off every Valentine's Day from now until you die!" He said, his voice cracking over some words before he hiccupped and flopped onto his back with a surprised giggle.

Despite the low picture Jongin made, he really was a calm and relaxed person, if a little on the sweet and excited side of things. He'd just had one unfortunate thing happen after another today, and after being with his boyfriend for more than two years now, he'd kind of been expecting something lavish like all the previous years.

When they first began dating and were still in the honey moon stage of things, Kyungsoo bought him tickets to a well known ballet, then he'd taken him out to a fancy dinner at a restaurant with a French name Jongin was one hundred percent sure he would mispronounce. Then before walking home, Kyungsoo held his hand and pulled a slim rectangular box from his suit pocket. It was a charm bracelet from one of the upscale jeweler's they'd passed at the mall once, and get this, it was the exact piece of delicate jewelry Jongin was admiring at the window before he caught a glimpse of the price tag.

Jongin may or may not have promised himself the marry the man as Kyungsoo clasped the bracelet on his right wrist and then stood back up to pull him into a deep kiss. While one year anniversary Jongin was happy and blown away, second year Jongin went through a similar event, but the current Jongin was glaring at the ceiling and tapping absently at his wine glass with a well filed and buffed finger nail.

"I've been too lax in his training." Jongin finally settled for saying aloud, nodding to himself as the drunken epiphany washed over his mind. "Yes, that's it! I haven't been training him right," Jongin agreed with himself, pausing to hiccupp. "He thinks that because I let him leave his dirty socks tucked into the couch that he can go off and be a lazy man." Kyungsoo was working, so he was in no way lazy, but buzzed Jongin was feeling way too indignant to let something as small as details affect him.

"Jus 'cuz he cooks and remembers my birthday, and takes out the trash, an' gives goodbye, goodnight, and hello and good morning kisses don't mean he can skip o-on February fourteen. Fortenth. Fourthteenth, yeah that's it."

Feeling his phone vibrate with another text, Jongin frowned and shifted on the couch, his arm cranking behind his back until his fingers grasped the smooth device. Putting it next to his ear, Jongin tried to answer it.

"Hello?" Nothing but silence met him and Jongin huffed. "If you're not gon' say anything, don't call." Letting his arm drop, Jongin swiped at the screen and tried to end the call, except he realized that he'd been trying to talk to a text message


From: Do Kangasoo ♡♥♡♬

Why the hell won't you answer your phone!? Luhan you little , you better find the damn thing or Jongin will catch on. I can't have evidence of this floating around before I'm ready.


Shock washed over Jongin, sobering him up a little from his tipsy tantrum. 'Evidence of what!?' He asked himself, narrowing his eyes at his own phone. 'Is he...is he having an affair!?!'

The mere thought of it made tears prick at his eyes and his heart writhe in agony. Taking a shuddering breath to stabilize himself, Jongin dropped his phone and let the screen fall asleep. "H-he wouldn't.... Right?"

But the incriminating text was on his phone mocking him, and now that Jongin considered things, Kyungsoo was distant the past week. In fact it all started at the beginning of the month when his old college friend Luhan-

"God damn it!" Jongin wailed, letting his hand come up and ruffle his own hair harshly, the pink strands were just a touch on the dry side and hearing the usually soft strands crinkle made Jongin wince and let his hands fall to his lap. "I should have known." He said out loud, glaring sharply at one of the pictures hung up on the living room wall above the couch. It was one of a very young Kyungsoo laughing with his arm thrown around an equally youthful looking man, almost feminine. He was also smiling in the picture and Jongin felt a sudden bout of anger course through his body.

"Fine you ! You wanna cheat, I'll give you a reason to." He promised darkly, standing up from the couch and stomping into the room he shared with Kyungsoo, muttering angrily in English and Korean all the way.

Their room was a mashup of Jongin's things and Kyungsoo's things and over the years, the line between the two distinctions was actually more of a blur than a segment. So an angry Jongin had to actually stop and think about what he wanted to destroy. Clothing was out of the question, Jongin liked wearing Kyungsoo's shirts and sometimes his boxers, and vice versa. Pictures, jewelry, and shoes were out as well. 'There has to be something in here we both don't share...' Suddenly a memory popped up in Jongin's mind and he smirked before turning to their dresser with a glint in his eyes.

Two years ago, Jongin was at a phone store looking through accessories for his new bright pink iPhone. There was a mixup in the shipping order and the store ordered him a new one on the house, however he needed a phone for work and his social life so he had to cover the garish highlighter bright color. There was a wide array of pretty cases with decorative flowers and copious amounts of glitter, but Jongin wanted something simple. So when his eyes caught sight of a black case, he quickly grabbed it. Triumphant, Jongin went to pay for his case, but he stopped by the cell phone accessories. There was a Pororo chain hanging on the wall rack. Ecstatic, Jongin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter