[LayKai] Unrequited Things

Empty Files (EXO)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Unrequited Things

 

Pairing:LayKai

Summary: Jongin wasn't sure why they had to move to China, but he's glad he followed his brothers when Minseok hyung's friend appeared in his life.

Notes: I have a thing for KimBros and pampered, cute Nini (´・ω・`)

 

 

“Little brother, this is my friend, Yixing.” Xiumin said, gesturing from his little brother to his Chinese friend.

 

 

“Hello,” Yixing said with an unsure voice and a nervously polite bow. Xiumin hyung’s friend was tall and handsome and when he smiled at Kai nervously, dimples appeared on his cheeks.

 


Wide-eyed, the ten year old boy stared at Yixing with a transfixed gaze. “N-nihao!” Jongin replied in shaky mandarin.

 


Yixing smiled at the boy’s perfectly pronounced words. “That’s good! I thought Xiumin said that you moved here a few weeks ago with your family, but you speak like a Chinese native.” At that, Yixing turned to give Xiumin a sly side glance. “Have you chosen a new name for yourself to use in China?”

 


Jongin smiled shyly and nodded, a blush adorning his cheeks because the handsome hyung complimented him. “K-Kai.” He managed to stutter out, his flush darkening at the amused smile that Yixing sent his way.

 


“Well Kai, welcome to the country! I hope it doesn’t pale in comparison to Korea.”

 

 

 

-(Six Years Later)-

 

 

 

Jongin sighed as the last school bell rang for the day, letting all its students know that summer had officially begun. A steady stream of students passed by Jongin, but the young male ignored them in favor of quickly weaving through them and making his way to the end of the hall.

 


A young man was waiting for him, his smile evident and recognizable even from the considerable distance. “Kai!” The brunette called out, frantically waving at Jongin once he caught sight of him.

 


“Chen hyung,” Jongin whined, embarrassment clear on his face when a few curious students cast furtive glances in their direction. “Can you please be quiet?”

 


Jongdae laughed and despite the height difference between him and his younger brother, he slung an arm over Jongin’s shoulders and pulled him down in an impromptu hug. “But I haven’t seen my little brother aaaallllll day! How am I supposed to live not seeing your sunny smile or cute face?” He asked dramatically, only looking half serious as he scolded Jongin.

 


“Hyung-” Jongin began, struggling to wring himself out of Jongdae’s hold.

 


“Tch. Why are you calling me hyung? Is Yixing gege the only person that you will grace with your heavenly Chinese speaking voice?” Jongdae teased, letting Jongin go and enjoying watching the flush that ran down his younger brother’s face and neck.

 


“I-I speak Mandarin in class!” Jongin protested, adjusting his uniform collar and nervously picking imaginary lint off his jacket.

 


“Aw, you’re too cute~!” Jongdae cooed, reaching up to pinch Jongin’s cheeks, though there wasn’t much to grab considering the fact that his face had angled out and he hit his growth spurt recently. Now that he thought about it, Jongin was starting to look sensual rather than cute…

 


“Stop hyung!” Jongin whined again, his hands easily slapping his older brother’s probing fingers away. He pouted at Jongdae and he rubbed his reddened cheeks. He looked like an affronted puppy and Jongdae let out a relieved laugh, slinging an arm around his brother’s shoulders again.

 


“Oh Jongin, you are the epitome of cute, please don’t ever change!” He said dramatically, wiping away fake tears. “Please, stay Umma’s little angel and don’t ever marry-Ugh!”

 


Jongin wrenched out of Jongdae’s hold and ran down the hall, pausing in front of the stairs again before he turned around and stuck his tongue out at his brother. “That’s for calling me cute and for teasing me, Chen ge!” Once done shouting, Jongin let out a triumphant giggle at Jongdae’s expression as he raced down the stairs, ecstatic that he was finally done with school for a while.

 


Jongdae wheezed out a chuckle as he clutched his stomach and tried to concentrate on breathing. “All the body rolls in the word couldn’t change a puppy into a wolf, Kai!” He called out, though he knew that Jongin could no longer hear him. Jongdae winced again and he cursed Minseok and Junmyeon for ever humoring Jongin and enrolling him in dance classes. The kid had a hidden strength that he couldn’t always control.

 


‘Ah damn, I’m going to be bruised in the morning…’

 

 

 

-(Kim Household: Shanghai, China)-

 

 

 

“I’m home!” Jongin called as soon as he unlocked the front door and took his shoes off at the door, running through the house barefoot. “Hyung, can we have YAKITORI for dinner?” He shouted, walking into the kitchen and depositing his school bag on the kitchen island before crossing the room and rifling through the fridge.

 


“Kai, I see you still have a love for all food containing chicken.” A smooth amused voice said and Jongin froze in shock before he straightened up and whirled around. Yixing was standing in the kitchen, his entertained smile lighting up his face and deepening his dimples. “Well, aren’t you going to greet your favorite hyung?”

 


The Korean word was smooth and low and Jongin gaped, he couldn’t help b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter