This is War

Save Me

“Tch tch tch. Look what we have here.” Taecyeon appears out of nowhere, followed by his group members. “The new guy with our Sana. You’re real quick bastard, you know that Jaehyun?”

“Is it a compliment, Ok Taecyeon?” Jaehyun asks sarcastically as he stands up to start packing the foods. Sana was shocked to hear Jaehyun’s words.

“Ooh, our new student here is so rude to his seniors. You shouldn’t hang out with a student in this kind of attitude, Sana-ah.” Chansung butts in the conversation as he pats Sana’s left shoulder while shaking his head. Chansung’s action is making Sana nervous. Before she can protest, Jaehyun speaks up.

“Don’t touch her. She has nothing to do with us.” Jaehyun says firmly as he is holding his anger back, making Chansung take a few steps away.

“Aww, he cares for our Sana here. How sweet. Too bad, Im Jaehyun because,” Taecyeon says as he steps closer to Sana and suddenly grabs her hair harshly, making the shocked girl stand up. “you held her hand just now. I’m not going to let her being like Yoona.”

Jaehyun can’t hold back anymore when he saw a tear from Sana’s frightened eyes as he punches on Taecyeon’s face, making him staggers and takes some steps away from Sana. He quickly pulls Sana to him as he embraces her and whispers, “Mianhaeyo, Sana-ssi.”

As he saw Nickhun sprinting towards them, Jaehyun lightly pushes Sana away to make her sit on the bench behind him. Before Nickhun can land his punch on his face, Jaehyun kicks him on his chest, making the older boy fall on the concrete floor. Seeing this, Wooyoung, Chansung and Junho run towards Jaehyun to trap him. They start to throw punches and kicks to each other and after some time, Jaehyun is a bit tired from the fight, giving a chance for Taecyeon to give him some scratches on his body with his pocket knife as revenge. Jaehyun is surprised by the sudden impact on his body and fall on the floor.

Seeing Jaehyun’s condition, Sana shouts from afar, “Jaehyun-ah! Get up! Please get up!”.

“Omo, I almost forgot our Sana there.” Taecyeon says as he gestures his friends to stop and crouch down to grab Jaehyun’s collar. “You pity thing. Looks like we have something to play today, thanks to you.”

“Don’t thank me yet, douche.” Jaehyun says, making Taecyeon a bit surprised as he thought that Jaehyun was already fainted. Jaehyun suddenly throws a punch on Taecyeon face, sending him flying. Before the rest of them can process what happened, Jaehyun quickly stands up and counter-attacks them. Then, Taecyeon tells his friends to stop.

“This isn’t over. We’ll meet again.” Taecyeon says, glaring Jaehyun and turns to walk away. Jaehyun quickly turns and rushes to Sana’s side.

“Gwae-Gwaenchanayo, Sa-Sana-ssi? A-Are you still h-hurt?” Jaehyun asks as he plops himself beside the girl and looks at the girl.

“Pabo.” Sana’s low voice caught Jaehyun’s ears.

“What?” Jaehyun says as he was confused by the girl’s word.

“Pabo Im Jaehyun! How can you ask me if I’m okay when you were the one that is hurt right now?!” Sana screams on his face, making him startled. He lowers his head and looks at his watch.

“Ka-Kaja. I’ll se-send you ho-home.” Jaehyun slowly stands up after slinging his bag on his back and starts to walk limply. Seeing this, Sana can’t help but rushes to his side and support him on his right side.

‘Just like the day I first met you.’ Sana thought as they continue to walk down the stairs to the car park.

ㄟ(≧◇≦)ㄏ

“Aish, why aren’t they answering?” Nayeon is walking back and forth across the living room as she tries to call Sana and Jaehyun.

“Don’t worry too much, Nayeon-ah. Maybe they were hanging out or something.” Jaebum says as he continues to play the XBox with Jackson.

“Maybe they’re out on a date.” Jackson continues, earning a hit on the back of his head from Mark. “Yah, that hurts, you know!”

“She’s not dating him!” Mark exclaims as he continues to eat his chips.

“It’s possible, though.” Chaeyoung butts in, earning a death glare from Mark. Jihyo was busy doing the dishes when she heard their conversation.

‘Can’t these guys just shut up?’ Jihyo thought as she takes off the gloves off her hands. After a few seconds, the door bursts open, revealing Sana and Jaehyun.

“Sana-ah! Jaehyun-ah! What happened?” Nayeon asks as she was surprised to see Jaehyun covered in blood. “Jaebum-oppa, help me.”

“What do you-” Jaebum is about to protest as he is busy playing the game when he turned his head and saw the injured Jaehyun. “Jaehyun! What happened?!”

“I-Its no-nothing, hyu-hyung.” Jaehyun manages to speak as he is trying his best to suppress the pain he’s feeling. He looks at Sana and gives her the don’t-tell-them look as she replies with a slight nod. They take Jaehyun in and put him on the hardwood floor in the living room. Everyone else was shocked to see him all bloody especially Jihyo.

“Jae-Jaehyun-oppa? What happened?” Jihyo stutters as she saw the boy was laying down on the floor weakly.

“W-we just stumble with some gangsters, that’s all.” Sana lies as she shares an eye contact with Jaehyun which the latter mouths ‘thank you’ in reply. Luckily, Sana has some knowledge on treating wounds and asks Nayeon to get her first-aid box.

“Aigoo, you should have called us.” Nayeon says when she came back with Sana’s first-aid box.

“A-aniya, gwae-gwaenchanayo. I can just-” Jaehyun is about to lie even more when Sana cuts him off.

“Jaehyun-ssi, please lie on your stomach. I have to look at your back.” Sana says. “And guys, can you just give us some space?”

Everyone just nods and go to their respective rooms except for Nayeon, Jihyo and Jaebum.

“Hey, why a-are you gu-guys still he-here?” Jaehyun asks.

“Don’t lie to us, Jaehyun-ah. You don’t walk from school just now.” Nayeon says with her arms across her chest, pouting.

“Just tell us. We can keep it a secret.” Jaebum says with a worried face.

“Okay, okay. I’ll tell you later. But please close your eyes.” Jaehyun says as he’s nervous to have his best friends to see the cuts that Taecyeon gave him. “Except for Sana, of course.”

At first, they ignores Jaehyun’s order but when they saw the cuts, Nayeon and Jihyo quickly cover their eyes and squeals a bit.

“Yah, what did you do, Jaehyun-ah? That must be hurt a lot.” Jaebum says as he shakes his head. Jaehyun just shrugs and gestures Sana to proceed. Sana carefully put some antiseptic on the cuts, making Jaehyun arches his back for sometimes as it really feels hurt. Before she manage to put the bandages, he stands up.

“Gomawoyo, Sana-ssi.” Jaehyun says as he tries to smile out of pain.

“Yah, I’m not done yet.” Sana protests.

“I want to have a bath first. Can I borrow your clothes, hyung?” Jaehyun asks as he didn’t like to be all smelly when he sleeps.

“Ne, I’ll go fetch it. But, aren’t the wounds going to be painful when it contacts with water?” Jaebum is concern for Jaehyun. They became close friends since they like to tease each other and coincidentally, they have the same family name and quiet similar name as well.

“Gwaenchana, I’ll help him.” Nayeon says, making Jaebum, Sana and Jihyo shocked. “What? I can’t let you guys see my y cousin’s body here.”

“Aish, this ert.” Jaehyun laughs for a bit and ruffles Nayeon’s hair. Then, Jaehyun goes to the bathroom while Nayeon is fetching a towel for him.

“Aigoo, I can’t believe that they’re just cousins.” Jaebum admits while shaking his head, earning a hit from Jihyo and Sana on the back.