Surprises

Save Me

“Babe, are you trying to kill me?"

“Yah! What are you-" Jihyo's words were cut off as Jaehyun suddenly presses his lips softly on hers, embracing her in his arms to calm his nervous heart. They part their lips after some time as they stare loving into each other's eyes, smiling brightly to each other.

"Because you’re taking my breath away, Jihyo-ah.” says Jaehyun, making his girlfriend blushes profusely. Sometimes, Jihyo is still amazed on how the boy still give the butterfly effects and made her blush profusely even though they've been together for 2 years.

"Excuse me, Mr. Valedictorian. Control your hormones, would you? We're at a public place, you know?" Nayeon says, screwing the couple's moment.

"Nayeon-unnie~ If you're jealous, ask Jeongyeon-unnie for a kiss. I bet you can even do more than that." Jihyo retorts with a smirk on her face, making 2Yeon blush embarrassedly as Jihyo high-fives with her partner-in-crime, knowing that they've got the couple.

"You, Im Jaehyun! Stop influencing our Jihyo to be a choding like you!" Nayeon exclaims, crossing her arms across her chest. The rest of them just laugh towards the two cousin's non-stop teasing as they wait for their name to be called as a graduate of MusixArt High School.

(≧◇≦)ㄏ

"And now, let us welcome Im Jaehyun, our Valedictorian this year to present his speech." Jaehyun walks confidently to the podium after the cue from the MC and calms himself as he puts his speech paper and starts reading it.

"Good morning I bid to our honorable principal, Sir Park Jinyoung, teachers and fellow graduates. Firstly, it is an honor to be standing here, delivering a speech as the Valedictorian of MusixArt High School this year. This have been my biggest dream since I was a kid.

Ladies and gentlemen,

As a child of a family, our parents are counting on us to be a successful person in the future. If your parents are telling you to not do this and that, please don't talk back because they're doing this for your own good. I'm not here to lecture you but instead, I want to share how significant is the feeling to be standing beside the ones that never stop loving you through your perfect imperfections. Trust me, even though you've got the worst result, they will still feel proud of you because they know that you have tried your best.

Time. Appreciate the time you had with your parents because we never know how much we got left with them. Remember, above everything, our parents will always have to be our number one on our hearts except for your ehem ehem."

Jaehyun pauses for a bit to let the audience laugh for bit and continues, "I'm sorry for my bad humor. In other words, be thankful and appreciate the time you have with parents because you will only know how precious the time is when you lost them forever. Thank you for listening and have a good day."

"Thank you, Jaehyun-ssi for the lovely speech. Please proceed to stand beside Sir Park Jinyoung to present the graduating certificates to our fellow graduates." The MC announces.

As Jaehyun stands beside Sir Park, the older man says apologetically, "I know Seohyun will be so proud to see you today, Jaehyun-ah."

"Kamsahamnida, Sir." Jaehyun says as he bows lightly and smiles sincerely to him who had been taking care of him since he lost his parents.

(≧◇≦)ㄏ

"I'm sorry, Jihyo-ssi. Please stand at the back of the line." Ms. Song instructs with an apologetic smile.

"Why do I have to stand at the back, Ms. Song? I'm sure that I'll be receiving my graduate certificates first based on the list." Jihyo protests politely. 'I'm not supposed to be standing at the back. I've got the second best result. Oh God, I'm freaking out."

"I'm just following the orders. I'm sorry." Ms. Song replies shortly before she proceeds to arrange the students behind Jihyo.

"It's okay, Jihyo-ah. Maybe it's just a technical issue." Nayeon says, patting on her dongsaeng's back before whispering 'Chukhae in advance, Mrs. Im' in her ears, making her even more confused.

(≧◇≦)ㄏ

Jihyo walks nervously towards the middle of stage where the principal stands with his stoic face and her precious graduate certificates. She quickly averts her gaze to her boyfriend who also has his poker face, making her even more nervous.

When she takes a hold of her certificate, Sir Park suddenly flashes a wide smile and pats her left shoulder lightly as he says, "Chukhamnida, Mrs. Im."

Unable to respond, she smiles nervously before takes a small step towards Jaehyun. As soon as they shake each other's hand, Jaehyun can feel his girlfriend's cold hands and acts quickly as he pulls her in his arms.

"Wha-what are you doing, o-oppa? W-we're in the public." Jihyo says nervously as she freezes in place. Jaehyun didn't respond, instead he breaks the hug and kneels in front of her with his hands opening a small velvet box, revealing a beautiful diamond ring.

"Park Jihyo, it's been 2 years since we have been officially together and time flew so fast that always made me pray to God so that He will let me spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me, my Thomas?" Jaehyun confesses fluently with his eyes staring lovingly to the girl whom he loves the most. Jihyo was caught off guard by the sudden proposal.

"I-I-" Jihyo was stuttering so much because she was unsure whether she can accept her first love's hand in marriage. Suddenly, she feels a sharp pain in her head that made her almost lost her balance. Her head will surely hit the ground the ground if it's not because of Jaehyun who responds quickly by pulling her in his embrace. 'No, not now. Oh God, please don't take me yet.'

"Ji-Jihyo-ah! Gwaenchanayo?" Jaehyun asks frantically, shocked to see his girlfriend collapsing in front of him. Jihyo's parents and the rest of TWICE members quickly run towards the couple. The hall seems to be flustered and taken aback by the shocking scene.

"Quick! Bring her to the car! We'll take her to the hospital!" Jihyo's father exclaims as he quickly stands and run towards the exit. Jaehyun quickly stands and carries the poor girl in his arms quickly to the family's car as he sits at the back, holding his future bride closely while Mr. and Mrs. Park sits at the front seat.

(≧◇≦)ㄏ

The smell of chlorine intoxicated Jaehyun's sense of smell as he walks in the room labeled '357'. He walks slowly towards his future bride who has her signature eye smile on her pale face.

"Annyeong, oppa." Jihyo greets through her cracked voice.

"Hey there, baby." Jaehyun replies as he smiles in pain, remembering Dr. Han's words.

"I have bad news for you." Dr. Han takes a deep breath before she continues, "Her cancer level is too critical. I hope you'll stay strong. I'm truly sorry. I've done the best that I could."

"Hey, I'm not going to die okay?" Jihyo jokes, trying to laugh out of the pain that she's feeling.

"Ne, Jihyo-ah." Jaehyun ruffles his girlfriend's hair lightly as he sits down on the chair next to the bed. He proceeds to roll his thumb over Jihyo's left cheek and says, "Why didn't you tell me, Jihyo-ah?"

"Mianhaeyo, oppa. I-"

"Shh~" Jihyo's words were cut off by Jaehyun's forefinger on her lips. He lays down on the bed beside his future wife, pulling her in an embrace.

"Babe, you know that you haven't given me the answer yet, right?" Jaehyun asks as he parts from the hug and stares at Jihyo's eyes that he'll miss so much.

"Of course it's a yes, Im Jaehyun."

"Then, will you wear our wedding ring?"

"Oppa, you do know that-"

"No, you're not going to die. You'll still be here with me." Jaehyun says, interrupting Jihyo's words as he slides the diamond ring on Jihyo's ring finger. He points at his heart and his head and continues, "You'll always be in my heart and my mind. Nothing can change that."

"O-oppa." That's the only word that successfully got put off Jihyo's mouth as she was feeling touched and guilty to her first love whom she's unwilling to let go. She let her tears fall as she prays silently while staring at her lover's eyes for the last time. 'God, please forgive me because I'm breaking Jaehyun-oppa's heart.'

Suddenly, Jihyo's heartbeat on the IV machine become unstable and at that point, they both perfectly know that it's time. Without wasting any time, Jaehyun closes their distance as he let their lips touch for the very last time.

"Saranghaeyo, Mrs. Im." Jaehyun whispers as they parted their lips.

"I-I'll al-always lo-love yo-you e-even fro-from u-up the-there, Mr. Im." Jihyo's voice cracks as she held her last breath.

Beeeeeeeeeeeep~

Jaehyun feels the world crumbles on him as he pulls his dead lover in his arms with tears flowing all over his face and exclaims, "Jihyo-ah!"