Chapter 8

Love Returns
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            YoonMi was back to the bakery after taking two days off. Those two days she took was for her to clear her mind. She was thankful that her boss did not have any problem with that. It was just that she had to bear MinHee’s nagging for her two days of disappearance. Apparently, YoonMi never informed MinHee about that and she also made sure to switch off her phone during her days off. All the time she had she spent on AhRi and Ares. She was quite contented with that because who would imagine what could happened to her if she went to work with unstable mind?

            Anyway, YoonMi was in charge of the bread today instead of the counter so she was arranging the bread and adding some if many were sold. As she was focussing on her work, as usual because MinHee loved to for that, she received a call from an unknown number. She hesitated to answer it for two reasons; one, her boss would pop up anytime, anywhere. Two, she usually do not take unknown number. Hence she decided to ignore it until her phone rang once again. YoonMi looked at her phone while raising her eyebrows, amused at the fact the unknown number is trying hard to reach her. Curiosity got all of her after some moment, so she answered the call when it came the next time.

            “Hello?”

            “Amy?” YoonMi gasped in surprise but not loud enough for the caller to hear. She looked around to make sure MinHee was not around or she would be bombarded with so many questions by her.

            “Yes.” She answered nervously. She put down the bread she was holding, in case she would squeeze it unintentionally while controlling her emotion.

            “It’s me. Jackson.” She knew it was him. She remembered his voice very clearly even though it was through phone. They made so many phone calls back then to know each other’s voice.

            “Oh.” That was the only thing YoonMi could utter at the moment. She did not know what to say when he called. She remembered she gave her phone number to Mark which she knew he would give to Jackson. She just never expect him to call her that fast.

            “How are you? Sorry, are you busy? I forgot to ask.” Jackson on the other line asked, nervous as she was.

            “I’m working right now.”

            “Oh… Should I call you some other time?”

            “It’s okay. I can spare a few minutes.” She lied. She actually could not take another call from him anymore. This one phone call was overwhelming for her. She wondered if she would be okay the next time.

            “Urm, how have you been?” YoonMi frowned at that. She thought he had something important to tell her but it seemed like he was catching up with her which she did not expect.

            “Fine.” YoonMi swore she could not figure out any good answer to that. Maybe she was not ready to reveal anything about her to him. Maybe she was scared that he would ask her something she needed to hide for a time being. Meanwhile Jackson on the other line was a bit upset by her reply. He thought that maybe he needed to be more straightforward to her even though it was quite dangerous.

            “Where are you working at now?” It was a bit sensitive question to ask since Jackson was living the life YoonMi had dreamed of before but he needed to know about her.

            “In a bakery in my town.” She answered and looked down. She remembered telling him that she wished to open a bakery after she become a successful singer since she loved the store. She wondered if he remembered it. Jackson gulped on the other line. Of course he remembered that little detail of her. His heart shattered, thinking that she never get to open one but work in it instead. It reminded him that he was the one who destroyed all her dreams.

            “Is it near to your house? Do you live alone?” Jackson asked. He was trying to get her to open up to him. It was obvious she was not interested in him because he was the one who keep asking in this conversation.

            “Yeah. I live with my sister.”

            “Anne nuna? How is she now?”

            “She worked as a project manager in an engineering company. You know she has a daughter. She’s six years old now.” YoonMi was actually afraid to tell him the information because it could lead to something else yet she was telling him as an act of courtesy. Jackson kept quiet for a while. He had another question in his mind but decided to keep it away. The time was not right, looking at how YoonMi never mentioned about it to him. She could at least scold him or do whatever for abandoning them but all she did was avoiding him.

            “You know, we have a lot to catch up. I was thinking if we could meet?” Jackson was fiddling with his shirt when he asked that. If Mark was there, he would probably laughing out loud at that. Luckily that guy was having a date with DanHee. YoonMi bitted her lips at that. Just like what her sister told her, she had to come clean with Jackson.

            “I want to apologize and it is not nice to do it through the phone. So, please?” Jackson said after he received no reply.

            “I don’t have any transport to come to Seoul.”

            “I’ll fetch you!” He offered right away. YoonMi went silent by his excitement. She did not expect he would react that way.

            “I’m sorry about that. But I can fetch you and we can go somewhere near your town? I’m sorry for being pushy if you think like that but I really need to see you.”

            “No, it’s okay. If you can fetch me, then alright. I’ll text you my address.” She replied. She decided that she could not miss this chance. This meeting may end everything once and for all. However, she was not sure if she can tell him something he wished to know but never speak of it.

            “Thank you, YoonMi.”

            “Yeah, you’re welcome.” They both went silent for a moment.

            “Urm, I have to get to work back.” YoonMi voiced out. She wanted to end the awkward conversation. Jackson agreed in no time. He did not have anything to talk about after that. He wanted to keep all of it on the day they meet so he could spend more time with her.

            “Oh! Alright. Sorry for taking your time. Have a nice day. Bye!”

            “Bye.” YoonMi replied and with that, they ended the call. YoonMi put down her phone and put a hand on her chest. She just realized that her heart was thumping hard every time she needed to answer him. She thought about her decision just now. She was going to meet Jackson soon. They did not set any date and time but she knew it was going to be soon. She grew nervous at that so she immediately call DanHee for help. DanHee picked up right away, probably she was playing with her phone.

            “YoonMi, I can’t call you for two days and now you’re calling me when I’m on a date.” YoonMi rolled her eyes at that.

            “Jackson called me just now.”

            “OMG! That’s so fast.”

            “Maybe you should ask your boyfriend.” YoonMi could already imagine DanHee glaring at Mark.

            “So how’s the phone call?” DanHee asked. She could guess how awkward it was but she was worried of YoonMi. It must be too much for her.

            “It was awkward and I’m being mean. I guess I am not ready to talk to him but he wanted to meet up. So I agreed.”

            “Are you sure about that, YoonMi? You could wait. I am sure he would understand. It was his fault after all. He has to face the consequences.”

            “I’ve been letting him live in the dark, DanHee. I need to end this once and for all.” DanHee kept quiet for a while. YoonMi was right. They needed to finish this off so that YoonMi could live peacefully. She did not wish anything for Jackson. What matter was YoonMi’s happiness. She suffered a lot, emotionally. DanHee could not bear looking at her friend like that and that was why she hated Jackson to the core. YoonMi kept everything to herself that it frustrated DanHee so much. Therefore, DanHee was the one who portrayed YoonMi’s emotion in front of Jackson even though Mark told her a lot of time that she was not supposed to do so. From her opinion, Jackson should have understand her hatred towards him because it basically sum up what YoonMi had suffered from.

            “If you’re fine with that, I have nothing to say. But how about ChanYeol?” YoonMi closed her eyes in frustration upon the question. She totally forgot about ChanYeol. She assumed that ChanYeol must have worried about her and have a lot of questions since their encounter with Mark and Jackson.

            “Gosh, I forgot about him.”

            “I knew it. We met up last week. He asked me everything, YoonMi. But I can’t tell him because you should. So… you know what to do, right?” YoonMi sighed. Nevertheless she nodded her head even though DanHee could not see it.

            “I will explain everything to him but after I meet Jackson.”

            “Well, knowing ChanYeol, I bet he will get to you faster than you can imagine.” YoonMi hated how true DanHee’s words were. ChanYeol did not contact her after their meeting with Mark and Jackson. YoonMi understand that he was giving her space but ChanYeol was not that patient. Seeing all his texts from the two days she turned off her phone, she knew he would come to Jeonju in no time. It was just that he was currently busy with his group comeback that he did not come to see her immediately.

            “We’ll see. Whatever it is, I’m explaining after the meet up.”

            “You don’t have to worry much, YoonMi. He’s ChanYeol. He’s our Yeol. He loves you and he will u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter