Chapter 13

Love Returns
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            “His name is Ares Lee JiHo and his Chinese name would be Zihao, she told me. She picked that name because she chose a Chinese name for him first. Zihao means pride in Chinese and JiHo is the Korean name for that. Interestingly, JiHo means wisdom and bravery. Ares is the God of War noted for his beauty and courage even though he was depicted as someone who is aggressive and violent. She still chose the name because she wanted him to grow as someone brave and strong that it brings pride to himself. I was in awe when she explained that. I mean, how can you think like that? That’s brilliant!” Mark grinned at what was told to him. He had been listening attentively to Jackson since ten minutes ago. He was so eager to tell Mark about his recent meeting with YoonMi. Mark did not make any comment as he wished Jackson to proceed with his story.

            “He was born on 27th November. I’m going to buy him presents for his birthday since it’s late already. You know what, he asked for a present from me after I hugged him. I was in panic but he looked so cute, I swear! He loves cheese as well. I think he got that from me. I ordered cheese cake that day and he asked me for it like a good child. I am a proud father, Mark.”

            “Are you happy?” Mark finally asked. He felt like he was going to get a muscle cramp from smiling because he was happy to hear that from Jackson. He wished to meet Ares one day after he heard about him from Jackson.

            “Of course, I am!”

            “I’m glad that you’re happy now. So what’s your plan after this now that you met them already?” Mark wondered out loud. Jackson’s expression changed to a surprised one but Mark could see that he was not panicking like the time he pushed Jackson to approach YoonMi.

            “Okay, actually, I kinda told her that I want to court her again.” Jackson answered sheepishly. Mark raised his eyebrows in amusement.

            “You did that?” Mark started to laugh which made Jackson a bit embarrassed.

            “Wow! I’m impressed, Jackson. That’s a daring move.” Mark continued after he was done laughing.

            “I know but I don’t want to miss the chance.” Jackson responded.

            “So what was her answer?” Upon the question, Jackson turned silent as he tried to remember the answer given by YoonMi. However, he found none as he was reminded that their conversation was cut by Ares’s presence. He started to groan in frustration. Mark shook his head at that even though he was curious of YoonMi’s answer.

            “What? What happened?” Mark asked. Jackson had his hands gripped on his hair while closing his eyes. Mark could see that he was devastated.

            “She never answer because Ares came at that time. Oh my! Why is this happening whenever I have the courage? Why do I have to repeat it again?” Jackson whined to himself while Mark let out a small laugh. He remembered the memory Jackson was mentioning just now. It was when Jackson proposed to YoonMi to become his girlfriend. It was a funny coincidence that it was happening again four years later.

            “Then text her later about it.”

            “I know. I will do that.” Jackson replied right away, even though he was sighing.

            “What about your parents? How are you going to handle this?” Mark hated to ask this but as a friend, he wanted the best for Jackson. Now that Jackson had met his son, his parents were his next worry.

            “To be honest, I thought about them too. I mean, I found my son and he deserved to know his paternal grandmother and grandfather. I’ll find the right time to tell them. Moreover, they can’t prevent anything anymore. For now, I want to spend my time with Ares. I want to make up the years I’ve missed.” Jackson stated his resolution which Mark agreed with it.

            “Well, I wish you good luck, mate. It’s been hard for you and I’m relieved that our pray has been answered. Don’t waste this chance, Jackson. I don’t know how to help if you make a mistake again.” Jackson closed his eyes as he wanted to clear his mind from imagining all unpleasant things to happen.

            “Please, don’t mention it. I don’t want to face those miserable years again. Anyway, thank you, Mark. I can’t make it without you, you know that.”

            “Now that you mentioned it, I think you can repay me by bringing me to meet your sweetheart?” Mark suggested his want which made Jackson’s eyes lighted up. A naughty smile appeared on his smile as his eyes were giving Mark a meaningful look.

            It was another morning in the bakery. YoonMi was there early as it was her turn to clean the bakery that morning. She was not alone though as they were two other colleagues who were in charge of the kitchen. MinHee did not arrived yet since she was in charge of the counter that day. YoonMi knew she was taking her sweet time. She did that as well when she was in charge of the counter. A text came when she was cleaning the display. Upon seeing the name of the sender, YoonMi unconsciously blushed. She opened the text to see a good morning greeting from Jackson. Ever since their meeting, he did not stop texting her, making YoonMi nervous because she remembered that he wanted to court her again. Nevertheless, she responded to every text with a decent answer.

            Ring of a bell made YoonMi looked up to see MinHee walked into the bakery with a long face. It was the first time she saw MinHee entered the bakery with that face. She was usually a cheerful and calm lady. To see her with that face made YoonMi concerned. Thus she approached her in hurry to the changing room.

            “MinHee-ya, what’s with the long face?” MinHee was surprised to see YoonMi but her expression changed in seconds after she heard the question. A sigh was released and she looked down.

            “I had a fight with MinHyuk.” YoonMi frowned at that. As far as she knew, the couple had been doing fine recently to the point she envied their relationship. To hear that they were having a fight made her wonder if it was serious.

            “What happened?” YoonMi asked while watching MinHee sorting her things in the locker prepared for them. MinHee stopped her movement and let out another sigh. She put down her things and sat beside YoonMi.

            “He didn’t let me cook.” YoonMi frowned harder than before after listening to the statement.

            “What do you mean? Why did you fight because of that?”

            “You know he’s good at cooking. I want to cook for him once but he insi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter