Chapter 9

Love Returns
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            In the days ChanYeol was not in touch with YoonMi, he never felt peace in his mind. Not only that she turned off her phone, she did not even bother to text him after he noticed her last activity on the messenger. It made him overthink and ChanYeol knew it was dangerous for his heart. They had nothing special between them and he was over-reacting now. He knew YoonMi would not like it even if he used their friendship as an excuse. Thus, he made a very selfish decision by calling out Jackson whom number he obtained from Henry. If he could not get the answer from YoonMi and DanHee, the least he could get would be from Jackson. So that was what lead them to a café in Cheomdam-dong.

            “I’m sorry for calling you here but I really need to know something from you.” ChanYeol said as soon as they were seated down. Jackson flashed a reassuring smile.

            “I think I have a clue on what it is.” He replied.

            “I know you are a friend of Mark and he is DanHee’s boyfriend for a long time but YoonMi looks so uncomfortable with both of you when we met that day. DanHee told me you guys were friend during trainee period but I never heard your name from both of them. And… is Mark not a good term with her? She looks fine when DanHee told about it.” ChanYeol just could not help it. He just bombarded the questions to Jackson. It was frustrating him from inside and it made him panicked. What if they had something before this and he did not know anything at all? Why his two best friends hid this from him?

            “I would like to ask the same thing from you too, hyung. I never knew you know YoonMi and DanHee. Their best friend to be exact. Even Mark knew about you. I wonder what relationship you have with her now.” Jackson said. ChanYeol sighed at that. It seemed like getting an answer for this was so hard.

            “Look, I don’t get it too why they never talked about me in front of you but maybe it is because I am busy with my preparation for debut and I am not always with them. But I am their best friend since high school. We promised to be trainee together until YoonMi quit and went missing for a year. I only get to know her whereabouts after I debuted and it was DanHee who told me. All these years, I never heard your name once from them.” ChanYeol explained. He noticed that Jackson was frowning at one of his sentence.

            “Did she tell you why she quit and went missing for a year?”

            “She never told me but DanHee said she was sick and have to receive treatment so she went to live with her sister in Jeonju. I don’t know what sickness she had but DanHee told me not to ask her or anyone in her family because it was too painful for them to remember.” ChanYeol suddenly remembered the feeling he had when he knew about YoonMi’s condition. He felt so bad for not being there with her. He wondered how serious her sickness was that even her family did not even want to be reminded of that. Because of that, he promised himself to take care of her and visit her whenever he has leisure time. Along the process, he fell in love with her, something that he never expected to happen from the first day he knew her.

            “I understand.” Jackson replied but he looked like he was thinking of something. ChanYeol wondered if he was doubting his answer or if Jackson actually knew what sickness YoonMi had. Upon the thought, he felt offended. He was their best friend but he felt like he was left out.

            “What about you? I know you are friend with her during trainee period but do you have any bad history with her? She looked like she didn’t want to see you at all.”

            “We dated back then.” Jackson answered. ChanYeol’s heart dropped at that. He could not believe that he did not know anything about that.

            “I did wrong to her four years ago and I believe, I am the reason she quit and went missing. I just want to apologize now that I found her, finally. But I guess she did not like the idea.” Jackson continued while ChanYeol was frowning.

            “What have you done to her?” ChanYeol asked. He just could not absorbed the fact that Jackson affected YoonMi so much that she decided to quit her dream. He wondered how serious Jackson’s mistake was. Being a singer was YoonMi’s biggest dream. She was doing well the last time he was in contact with her before she went missing. He wondered if Jackson get her into trouble but then DanHee told him that YoonMi was sick. Was that Jackson’s fault? ChanYeol was getting confused. Jackson refused to answer because he knew it was not the time y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter