Chapter 11

Love Returns
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This is a double update! (Chapter 10 and Chapter 11)

            If last week Amy was lost, this week she was in panic. It had been two weeks and Jackson has still not returned from Hong Kong. Mark was concerned about it after he learned the truth from DanHee. So he tried to call Jackson’s parents because as well as Amy, he could not reach Jackson at all. Mark understood that Jackson had to give a quick answer regarding this matter because the baby inside Amy was growing each day and she could not keep her pregnancy for any longer because by hook or crook she had to attend her training before deciding to quit. Amy was waiting nervously in front of him, DanHee sitting by her side.

            While waiting for the call to connect, Mark sighed internally. He never thought that Jackson can be so indecisive and coward like this. He also could not believe that Jackson never told him about this. The least he could do was to tell him so that he can help him decide for the best. Mark was starting to think that he failed as a friend because after all, Amy was going to be the most affected one. Mark’s eyes widened when someone picked up the call. His heart was beating faster.

            “Hello?” Jackson’s rough voice could be heard from the other side. Mark wasted no time to call his name out.

            “Jackson Wang, don’t you dare end this call.” Upon what Mark said, Amy and DanHee sat straight to pay attention to their conversation. They could tell from Mark’s expression that he was pissed off when he heard Jackson’s voice.

            “Mark?”

            “Yes. I am Mark, your friend, if you still remember.”

            “How did you get this number?” Mark scoffed at that. After all those things that happened, Jackson’s first question was to know how he got his dad’s phone number?

            “Do you think that is the right question to ask at this time?” Mark asked as he found it ridiculous, forgetting the fact that Jackson did not know that he already know what happened.

            “What do you mean by that?” Jackson on the other side was confused. His mind was already messed up with what was happening in Hong Kong where his parents were starting to ignore his attempt to have a talk regarding Amy’s pregnancy. He wanted to go back but his wallet and passport was still with his mother. Jackson was currently being imprisoned in his own house due to his determination to make his parents approve his relationship with Amy. However, he did not know until when he can keep that because from what he saw, it was getting nowhere. His parents wanted him to give up eventually.

            “What are you doing in Hong Kong, Jackson? Don’t you know there is someone who needs you here? It has been three weeks, Jackson. Is it not enough for you to make the decision?” It was silent on the other side. Mark was starting to think that Jackson was avoiding the question but his voice came back a few seconds later.

            “Did Amy told you?”

            “Does it matter, Jackson? Oh gosh, it’s so frustrating talking to you right now. Are you in a right mind, bro?” Jackson sighed upon getting a scolding from Mark. He never heard this kind of tone from Mark. That day was the first and Jackson knew he deserved it.

            “It’s hard here, Mark. They got angry and didn’t want to listen to anything I said after that. I’m trying every day but they still refused. They just want one thing from me and I don’t want to give in.” Jackson’s voice cracked a bit and it was a lie if Mark said he did not notice it. He felt bad for attacking Jackson without asking about his well-being.

            “Then why are you not coming back? You know you can sort this out with her or with me.”

            “I can’t, Mark. Mom took my wallet and passport. I wish I could do that.” Mark closed his eyes and massaged the back of his neck. After he heard Jackson, he knew it was getting complicated and it could lead to no problem solving at all. He turned to look at Amy and she was looking at him with a hopeful expression. Mark felt pity tugging in his heart.

            “Do you want to talk to her?” Jackson’s breath hitched at that.

            “She’s there?”

            “Yes. You know she missed you especially when you never contact her at all for almost two weeks.” Jackson on the other side looked down as he felt guilty for what he had done to Amy. He did realized that the one who was hurting so much right now was Amy. How he wished he could comfort and protect her right now.

            “Then, please. I need to talk to her.” In no time, Mark put down the phone and handed it to Amy. Amy was surprised even though she was hoping since just now to listen to Jackson’s voice. It took her a few seconds to take it from Mark’s hand as she was recovering. After almost two weeks of not being able to be in contact with her lover, she finally had the chance. Mark signalled to DanHee and the two of them left Amy alone so that she could talk to him privately. After her bestfriends walked out of her room, Amy spoke to the phone.

            “Jackson…” Her voice cracked. In instant, tears fell from her eyes. She missed him a lot and the pregnancy did not help her in controlling her emotion at all. She was worried for the past few days and now that she was able to hear from him caused a feeling of relief to her.

            “Baobei? I miss you so much. I’m really sorry for not calling you. It’s just so hard here. I hope you understand that. How are you? Are you taking a good care of yourself? How about the baby? Did you go for a check-up?”

            “I miss you too.” Was all that Amy could afford to tell him as she started to sob. Jackson was worried when he heard that.

            “I’m sorry for making you cry, Baobei.”

            “I miss you. When are you going to come back? I told my parents about this. I want to tell you this but you never called.”

            “You told them? What did they said about it?”

            “Dad was so angry, saying that he hated you. Mom seemed upset but she never scold me. She was the one who brought me for a check-up.” Jackson’s heart dropped at what he was told. Amy’s dad hated him. He chuckled bitterly. Of course that man would hate him. He was destroying his daughter’s future.

            “Oh really? How was the baby? You two are in a good condition, right?”

            “The baby is okay but I’m not. The doctor said if I want the baby to be born healthy, I need to eat and rest well. I am currently underweight.”

            “Baobei, then you need to take care of yourself. Don’t strain yourself too much. Did you still go for training?” Jackson and Amy had discussed about it before he went to Hong Kong. Both of them knew that Amy could no longer attend her practice because it would drain her energy and excessive movement would harm the baby.

            “I have to but mom asked for me to be excused from dance class. We… we are actually waiting for you to come back then only I can decide if I want to quit.”

            “Baobei, it looks like everyone is against our decision. What will become of us then?” Jackson’s question made Amy sobbed harder. Amy had come to a point where she thought she should lead this matter because Jackson was in a hopeless position. She knew he was held back there by his parents. She just did not know what actually happened as what Jackson told Mark just now. She was suddenly reminded of what her sister told her a few days back.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter