Chapter 12

Love Returns
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            ChanYeol could not hold himself anymore. He thought he could, after indulging himself with tonnes of work. But the unresolved feeling he had over YoonMi and Jackson was starting to drive him mad. He was frustrated lately. BaekHyun had been telling him that he was being moody because he was worried it might affect the team balance. ChanYeol realized it too. Consequently, he felt bad. Thus, he decided to drag DanHee to Jeonju to get the answer he wanted. DanHee was in panic when she realized ChanYeol was driving her to Jeonju. She thought he was going to hang out with her. DanHee immediately texted YoonMi about it but it YoonMi did not saw the text. DanHee then decided to persuade ChanYeol to be calm and be prepared for whatever answer YoonMi had for him. It made ChanYeol to press on the gas even harder. He could not wait to reach there, to get the answer he had been curious about. They reached YounHa’s house, only to see AhRi and Ares were playing outside the house.

            “ChanYeol-samchon! DanHee-imo!” Both of them cheered as they saw them walking through the gate. DanHee formed a worried smile as she eyed ChanYeol who had a tensed expression on his face. She knew he was faking himself in front of the kids and it was hard to do so. DanHee had them in her arms as she asked AhRi.

            “AhRi-yah, where is YoonMi omma?”

            “She’s inside. She is baking cake for us!” AhRi replied while Ares clapped his hand in joy. DanHee could not help but to giggle at their adorability. Ares looked up to see his only tall uncle who was fidgety. He walked up to him and touched his hand. ChanYeol was startled as he looked down.

            “Samchon want to see YoonMi omma?” Ares asked with puppy eyes which made ChanYeol’s heart melt and calm somehow. He squatted down so that they would be eye-to-eye.

            “Yes, Ares. Where is she? Is she busy?” Ares shook his head.

            “She’s in the kitchen. She promised to make me a cake.” Ares replied.

            “Is that so? Then samchon is going inside, okay?” Ares nodded his head.

            “Sure!” The little boy said and went off to play with AhRi again. ChanYeol stood up, his eyes meeting DanHee’s.

            “Remember, ChanYeol. You must keep your cool. And you must remember our promise that day.” DanHee reminded him of the promise he made with her. That he would love YoonMi no matter what YoonMi explained to him. ChanYeol doubted himself that day whether he could keep the promise, but he nodded anyway. Both of them walked into the house. DanHee asked ChanYeol to wait in the living room while she walked to the kitchen to get YoonMi. ChanYeol unwillingly agreed and waited. Moments later, YoonMi appeared while taking off the apron on her body, followed by DanHee. She was aware of what was going to come, thanks to DanHee who warned her before she walked out. YoonMi was nervous but she told herself before this that she had to face ChanYeol and tell him the truth no matter what.

            “Hi, Yeol. It’s nice to see you here. I bet you were too busy to visit us.” YoonMi greeted him. ChanYeol wanted to smile at her but he was unable to. His impatient heart was so difficult to handle.

            “You don’t even answer my calls.” ChanYeol answered. YoonMi chuckled as she took a seat. DanHee did the same as she was watching both of them anxiously.

            “I guess our timing clashed. You called me when I was busy, and I called you when you’re busy. It can’t be helped, to be friend with a superstar like you.” She allowed herself to let out a chuckle in those time. ChanYeol pursed his lips. He did not have any comeback for it.

            “Spill it, YoonMi. You know what I wanted to know from you. I bet DanHee told you everything.” He uttered as he looked into YoonMi’s eyes and glanced at DanHee who was gulping at the mention of her name. YoonMi smiled meekly.

            “I don’t know how to start so you can ask me questions.” YoonMi instructed him. ChanYeol heaved a heavy sigh. His mind was thinking of possible question he could ask her. He was reminded of the meeting he had with Jackson. He was planning to verify whatever Jackson was telling him.

            “Jackson told me that you dated him back then. Why you never tell me about it?” YoonMi was surprised at the mention of the name. Her breath hitched upon realization that ChanYeol had met Jackson to get the answer. YoonMi composed herself to answer his question.

            “We did. I never told you because it was hard to see you back then. I don’t have phone with me too. And whenever we met, I don’t think it was necessary to tell you about that because we had such a little time to talk. You’re too busy with your debut preparation.” She explained, giving no room for ChanYeol to retort. ChanYeol nodded his head as he remembered the past. He had to agree with it. Back then, whenever he had the chance to meet YoonMi and DanHee, they had to make it short and it was hard to meet them too.

            “Then why did you break up with him? He said he made a mistake, but he can’t tell me about it unless you do so. So, what does he mean by that? Why do you look uncomfortable when you saw him?” YoonMi took a deep breath for the questions. She was preparing the answer in her head. It was at the tip of her tongue, waiting to be released. She eyed DanHee who gave her a reassuring nod.

            “I was pregnant with his child.” YoonMi answered calmly. She looked up to see ChanYeol’s reaction. Indeed, his eyes widened, his lips formed a gap, his sitting posture looked tensed.

            “You didn’t.” He breathed out in disbelief.

            “I did.” ChanYeol could not accept it on how firm YoonMi on her statement so he darted his look at DanHee. She nodded her head. He could see her pleading eyes too, reminding him of their promise.

            “I was pregnant, and he wanted to take responsibility, but his parents were mad. They didn’t allow him to return to Korea. It was hard for us, so I decided to break it off with him, knowing that it won’t be resolved unless we back out. I quit being a trainee and I came here with YounHa eonni. I went missing for a year, remember? It was because I was pregnant, and I gave birth here.” ChanYeol could not believe his ears. Now he knew why YoonMi was absent for a year, why she quit being a trainee and why she lived in Jeonju with her sister instead of her parents. The sickness she had they told him about was her being pregnant.

            “Then…” ChanYeol wanted to gulp but he found it hard to do so. So, he continued with a cracked voice.

            “Then where is the child?” He had to ask about the child because he could not let it through his brain the idea of YoonMi being pregnant and a mother to someone. YoonMi let out a scoff, realizing that ChanYeol did not fully believed in her story. She turned to DanHee and nodded her head to the outside. DanHee instantly understood the signal and rushed outside to get Ares. ChanYeol’s eyes widened at the interaction. His heart was beating harder than he wished. A small figure entered the living room, accompanied by DanHee. ChanYeol slowly turned his head to see Ares was looking at him in curiosity. ChanYeol stared Ares’s face in terror, trying to recognize YoonMi or Jackson’s feature on him. His heart missed a beat upon founding how his eyes and nose resembled Jackson and his lips and face shape resembled YoonMi. Ares was indeed YoonMi and Jackson’s lovechild. He shook his head while standing up.

            “No way. There’s no way he’s your child!” He fired up. YoonMi stood up too to meet his eyes while DanHee was holding Ares close to her, protecting him in case ChanYeol exploded. ChanYeol’s loud voice alerted YounHa who was waiting in the kitchen. She knew what was going to come and promised YoonMi to help if anything happened between them.

            “ChanYeol, calm down. You want to know the truth, and this is the truth you wanted.” DanHee voiced out. ChanYeol continued to shake his head in disbelief.

            “No, you got to prove me that Ares is indeed your child.” Right after he said that, he was startled by a document being thrown on the coffee table in front of him. He turned to his side to see YounHa who was looking at him with stern eyes.

            “This is the proof, ChanYeol. And I am the witness. What she told you is the truth and you must accept it. Because it was even harder for her to accept it.” YounHa snapped. ChanYeol titled his head down, to see a birth certificate belonged to Ares. He read it through before letting it go from his hand because he did not want to rip it. His eyes were swelling up by the strong denial in his body. He looked around and noticed everyone was observing him with worried eyes except for YounHa who was still looking at him furiously.

            “Omma, what’s wrong with samchon?” Ares asked innocently, and it stabbed ChanYeol’s heart upon the little boy calling YoonMi ‘omma’. His teary eyes lingered on Ares before he moved it to YoonMi who looked sorry. ChanYeol stormed out right after that, causing DanHee to run after him while calling his name. Meanwhile YoonMi felt her legs turned into jelly so she landed on the couch, Ares and YounHa rushed to her side. YoonMi looked down and in no time, she was crying.

            “Omma, why are you crying?” Ares asked but YoonMi could not answer her son properly. She stretched her arms to bring the little boy into her hug. YounHa was by her side, calming her as she her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter