Chapter 5

Love Returns
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            The dance practice for upcoming comeback was done about an hour ago. Being tired as they were, GOT7 members has already went home to get their rest except for Jackson. He told them he needed to practice more which YuGyeom told him that he did not have too. JinYoung supported the youngest one, saying that Jackson has done more than they did. With the help of Mark, Jackson was able to escape them because Mark knew exactly the reason he needed to stay longer. Ever since Jackson was back from Hong Kong, he had this gloomy aura around him which Mark could deduce that something happened while he was there. Jackson seemed frustrated. Mark wanted to ask but he knew Jackson too well. He would not tell unless he was broken.

            Right after the members left, Jackson laid on the floor. He was looking at the ceiling but his mind was somewhere else. The cold floor and his sweaty body seemed did not bother him to reach the memories from four years ago. He still remembered the young him lying on the floor like this, tired from the practice as he was working hard to debut faster.

           It was lunch time. The trainees were allowed to have their meals before they continued with the practice. Jackson laid on the floor right after the dance instructor went out. He was tired and upset as he could not do well in his previous practice. Mark saw him and sat beside him while gulping down water down his throat.

            “Jackson, do you want to go eat lunch or not? Brian and Jae wants to go and eat at the selleongtang restaurant.” Mark asked. The selleongtang restaurant was pretty famous not only because of the food but also the location was near to JYP Entertainment. Plus, many of trainee from other company always come to the restaurant. Jackson and Mark made friends with them every time they were there. Jackson was too tired and lazy to follow them but somehow his heart did not want to stay in practice room because it suddenly made him feel stressed. He sat up and nodded lazily to answer Mark.

            And because of that lazy answer, he met her at the selleongtang restaurant. The restaurant was happened to be full house on that day and a few people had to share table. Jackson was separated a table away from Mark, Brian and Jae but he did not mind because he just needed to eat and he would go back to the company. The fated girl then happened to sit in front of him, with her other friends. He was eating quietly while giving courtesy smile every time their eyes met. He somehow heard their conversation and found out that they were trainees from different company.

            The girl in front of him was from FNC Entertainment as he heard they were talking about the company system. Jackson was about to finish his food when he looked up to see the girl was looking at him. Jackson jerked his eyebrows.

            “Are you from JYP?” It was the first question from . Jackson nodded his head. He was starting to think that the girl wanted to hit on him. Jackson was not really good in Korean so he hoped that the girl would not make it hard for him to make them understand that he was not interested.

            “Do you know DanHee? Jeon DanHee?” Jackson frowned at that name. He could not even figure out whether the name belongs to girl or boy. But one thing for sure, he did not know that person. Jackson shook his head to answer.

            “She’s my best friend and she’s a trainee at JYP too. I thought you will know each other. I was about to leave a message for her. You know, I don’t have a phone but it’s okay. Are you a new trainee?” Jackson shook his head again but this time he decided to speak up.

            “I’m a trainee for almost two years now. Urm, if you want me to relay your message I have a girl friend there. Maybe she knows your friend.” Jackson offered. He actually noticed her upset face when he answers her just now. She looked too eager to know that he was a JYP trainee as if she had high hope that he would know her friend and could help her. Her face looked surprise at his offer and it turned excited when realization hit her.

            “Oh really? Thank you so much! Just tell her that I’m going back home this Friday and she can call my house then.”

            “Okay. Tell Jeon DanHee that you are going back home this Friday and she can call your house.” Jackson copied the message and the girl in front of him nodded happily.

            “Yes, that’s right. Thank you so much. We have different break time so it’s very difficult to see each other now. Usually we meet up here.”

            “I understand. Urm, so where are you from?” Jackson asked. He started to take interest in this girl because of her over-flowing confidence. Just look at the way she replied him. He was sure she did not even care if he was thinking badly of her. She was chit-chatty and somehow it was comfortable to talk to her. Jackson started to wonder whether she was a vocalist.

            “I’m from Seoul. How about you? You must be foreigner because I noticed the awkwardness in your accent.” Jackson chuckled at her comment.

            “I’m from Hong Kong and I have been in Korea for two years now.”

            “Wow! This is the first time I know someone from Hong Kong and a foreigner too. Welcome to Korea even though it’s too late.” The girl giggled, finding it funny that she was welcoming him. Jackson smiled and nodded his head.

            “Thank you. No worry, the Ahjumma at the tteokbeokki stall always welcome me to Korea every time I come.” The girl laughed this time. Probably imagining how dumbfounded it was to be welcomed to the country every time you wanted to buy tteokbeokki. Jackson laughed along because he thought it was funny too. They continued to talk about trivial matters until Mark came to get him. They bid each other good bye but as he was walking away, he remembered that he did not ask for her name and he did not tell her his name too.

            Jackson laughed it off. It was funny that they were chattering about themselves basically but did not know each other name. And to add to that, he was asked to relay the message to her friend but how can he did that when did not even know her name? In the end, he told JiMin, a friend of him to tell Jeon DanHee that a girl from FNC Entertainment has a message for her. Jackson then decided that he would go to the restaurant again and this time, to get her name.

            Jackson sighed upon the memories. It was four years ago but it was still fresh and clear. His heart was filled with the same warmth as he remembered the first encounter but after realizing everything that went wrong, a pang of hurt hit him. He wondered why on Earth he chose his career over them. He wanted to know why he did not man up at that time. Because if only he mans up four years ago, he would not be living in regret as he was now and he would not be haunted by the guilt. He knew that all of these were the punishment he needed to take because of his mistake. He accepted it but it was too painful, he wanted it to stop. He wanted to be in control of his fate. He was desperate.

            He missed her. He missed the sparkle in her brown roundish-almond eyes, her dainty nose, her smiling thin lips, her long wavy hair, her fragrance, her figure that fit perfectly in his embrace. Heck, he missed everything about her. He wished he could touch her face, kiss her lips and brought her in his loving hug. He wished she was there to comfort him but he knew it was all too good to be true. He knew he did not deserve it but he needed it, so much. Jackson sniffled and shut his eyes tight as tears flowed down. Soon, he was sobbing hard and even choking on his own tears. His hands did not make an effort to wipe it off. Yes, Jackson was punishing himself. That way, he could accept everything. That he deserved all these suffering.

            “I’m sorry… I’m so sorry… Forgive me…”

            YoonMi smiled as she inhaled the smell of the busy city, Seoul. It had been a long time since she was here. The last time she was there, from what she remembered was for the same reason she was there that day which was to meet up with DanHee, her best friend. She was thankful that ChanYeol willingly gave her a ride even though he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter