Chapter 7

Love Returns
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            YoonMi stepped out from AhRi and Ares’s room. She just finish tucking them to bed now that it was 10 p.m. Right after she closed the door, she sensed a presence behind her. She turned around only to face her sister, YounHa who was smiling at her.

            “Are you not going to sleep, eonni?” She asked her sister. YounHa walked towards her and held her hand.

            “Come here.” YounHa said and dragged YoonMi to the living room. YoonMi was curious of what her sister was thinking of but she followed her anyway. Both of them sat on the couch, facing each other. YoonMi was having a confused face as she waited for YounHa to speak up.

            “YoonMi…”

            “Yes?”

            “Something is wrong with you. You look so out of place today. What’s wrong? You can tell me, right?” YounHa asked, trying to meet YoonMi’s eyes. She noticed that YoonMi seemed to be in a deep thought ever since she got back from Seoul with ChanYeol yesterday. She wondered whether she had a fight with ChanYeol but by the way YoonMi treated ChanYeol when he sent her yesterday, YounHa knew they were not having couple fight, as what she wanted it to be called. The first thing YoonMi did after she was asked was sighing. She knew that she could never escape from her sister’s sharp eyes. Since they were little, YounHa was always able to tell what she was feeling, mainly because YoonMi was the type to keep her feeling by herself. YoonMi looked down at her fingers, thinking of how to tell her sister.

            “Urm… I… no, we… we bumped into Jackson yesterday.” YoonMi could hear her sister gasped. Well, she expected this reaction from her. She only hoped that YounHa would not lose her temper upon the name.

            “Where? I thought DanHee always set your meet up away from her boyfriend’s group.” YoonMi sighed again.

            “She did. But ChanYeol and I walked around Hongdae after that. Mark was the one who saw me first.” She explained, still looking at her fingers. Her fingers were shaking as if it remembered what she felt when Mark held her wrist. YounHa frowned.

            “Wait, Mark is DanHee’s boyfriend. Am I right?”

            “Yeah. He was my best friend too. Or I can say, he was a brother figure to me.” It pained her to say the word ‘was’. She started questioning herself. Mark did not do anything for him to be someone in the past in her life. DanHee wanted him to be her brother forever. YounHa nodded her head at that. She took a look at YoonMi. Now that YoonMi had meet Jackson, of course it was bothering her especially the secret she had been keeping for years.

            “So, what do you feel now that you met him after all these years?” There was a silence for a while. A part of YoonMi wanted to keep hiding her real feeling but her heart felt heavy after meeting him. Hence, she thought it was better if she just tell YounHa about it. Since she could empathize her.

            “I’m scared actually. Too scared.”

            “And why is that?”

            “Because I have been running away from him.”

            “You didn’t.” YoonMi looked up as she was confused by her sister’s statement. YounHa gave her a look, as if asking her why she was so confused.

            “You are actually moving on, YoonMi. You never run away from him. The one running away is him. Also, you should not be scared when you met him. You should be proud instead because you’re stronger than before or even stronger than him.” YounHa told her. YounHa though it was a fact that YoonMi was stronger than before. She had always been the girl with confidence which YounHa adored very much. However, ever since the event four years ago, YoonMi changed a lot. It pained YounHa a lot to see the changes but as time goes by, YounHa could see that YoonMi was slowly growing into a matured young woman. She wanted to praise her for that. So she thought that YoonMi should not be scared. She was stronger, she could do whatever she desired to.

            “But… I don’t know. I’m still scared.” YoonMi said, despite what YounHa told her. YounHa took a deep breath before exhaling it. She fixed her position on the couch and looked closely at her sister.

            “You, YoonMi, are scared of your feeling actually.” YoonMi wanted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter