Chapter 2

Love Returns
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            It was another day of practice for their upcoming comeback. Jackson was exhausted from last night practice. They started practicing at six in the evening and call it a day after four in the morning. Jackson wanted to go back home but he fell asleep in the practice room along with Mark and JaeBum. The others went home and he could guess that they could not wake him up because he could not remember them trying to wake him up.

As soon as he woke up that morning, he went to the bathroom to wash his face and started walking around the company building to ease his mind. He went to find some hot drink at the cafeteria and walked around again until he arrived at a corner with big window near the staircase. He wanted to walk past that corner but his legs kept walking towards it and finally made a stop when he was standing right in front of the window.

He looked at the scenery in front of him. He could see a clear view of the area around the company building. He could see the restaurant he used to go when he was a trainee too. His lips formed a small smile upon that memory. He sipped his drink and continued to look in front. It had been a few weeks and after that phone call with his mom, he really could not stop thinking of it. It was suffocating him and also the reason he was practicing hard. The tiredness of practicing sometimes was able to get his mind deviated from that matter for a period of time.

            “I knew it that you will be here.” Jackson turned around to find the owner of the voice. Mark was standing behind him, holding a cup of drink too. His face looked tired and his hair was messy but that guy could care less about it. He still looked good, from his opinion. Jackson did not reply him. He knew that Mark would understand what was happening to him right now. He had been observing him and Jackson waited for the day he would approached him. But they were so busy that they could not even find time for themselves.

            “You know, this is not the first time I found you here.” Mark said as he walked and stood beside Jackson, looking at the scenery too.

            “Then you know what’s bothering me.” Jackson replied lazily and sipped his drink. He could hear Mark sighed.

            “I know but I think you know what to do.” Mark replied. Jackson had been like this before but he got over it a long time ago, in his own way. Now that the recent invitation to Return of the Superman triggered the dark history of his life, he had been so depressed and it was for a long time too. Mark was getting worried as time goes by especially after he saw Jackson practicing like mad man last night. He purposely slept in the practice room with him and managed to pull JaeBum along. All that was to observe him so that he would not do anything more stupid than that.

            “You made that decision, Jackson. You should let it go and move on with your life.” Mark hated to say this but he had to. Saying that Jackson made that decision was as if he was blaming Jackson but he had to make Jackson realized the reality he was living in right now. There was no turning back. Jackson remained silent. He was still looking ahead.

            “Of course, I know that you can’t and I know exactly why. But you have no choice, dude. If you continue your life like this, it will affect your career. Don’t waste your three years of training like this.” Just like the nickname the fans gave him, Mark voiced out his point of view loud and clear. It was hard for him to see Jackson acting all stupid, cheerful and bubbly in front of the camera. It was hard because he knew it was not the real Jackson he saw every time he was alone with him. The members noticed it too but they thought it was because pleasing the fans was their job and Jackson was doing his part. Mark scoffed at that.

            “Are you free after this?” Jackson asked after a few minutes of silent. He turned to look at Mark.

            “I have a date with DanHee after this. Why?” Jackson gulped upon the mention of that name. DanHee was Mark’s girlfriend since their trainee day. She was a trainee at JYP too, just like them but she did not debut yet. He heard some rumors that she was chosen to be the next solo artist of the company. She was good looking, in his eyes but Mark would say she was the most beautiful girl alive. He felt like vomiting when Mark said that but he understood how it felt to be in love with someone so he let it go.

Mark could be foolish too when it comes to DanHee. He was so loyal to her. She wanted to break up prior to his debut but being a DanHee-pabo, he did not want to and promised that he would do whatever to keep their relationship as a secret, which was a success. They were happy even though their dating spot would always be the practice room, according to what he heard. He did not know if they went for a date outside the company.

Oh! Another fact about DanHee was that she hated Jackson to the core. Jackson found it funny because that girl was his best friend’s girlfriend. Guess how awkward it was. Jackson could not blame her that she hated him. It was his fault and she had all the right in the world to hate him. They were friend once though.

            “I was planning to go and play basketball this evening but it’s okay. I’ll ask JinYoung later.” Mark noticed Jackson’s stiffness at the mention of his girlfriend but he did not want to talk about it. It would be better if Jackson ignored that fact and just moved on. Plus, his girlfriend did not even want to see Jackson’s face after what happened four years ago.

            “Nah, I’ll join later. It will not be long.” Mark said and with that, Jackson nodded his head. Both of them stayed quiet and looked at the morning view while sipping their drinks. No words were exchanged but it was sure that there wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter