Chapter 6

Love Returns
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Jackson never stopped coming to the selleongtang restaurant after that. It made Mark wondered but he never asked until he was getting fed up with the food there. It was so bored to eat the same food from the restaurant, given that they are foreigners and only some of the food suited their tongue. Mark almost could not believe that Jackson was able to put up with it. So, on the day they decided to visit the restaurant again, Mark asked him and he was surprised to hear the answer.

            “I want to find the girl I met the other day. She asked me to pass her message to her friend. You know DanHee, right? The one JiMin introduced to us. DanHee is her friend.” Mark nodded as he remembered JiMin suddenly introducing the girl named DanHee to them when they bumped into each other in the company. Well, of course Mark could never forget it. He was attracted to the girl named DanHee the first time he laid his eyes on her.

            “Then why don’t you just ask DanHee about her?” Jackson laughed at that. Mark frowned.

            “She doesn’t have a phone, that’s why.” Mark sighed this time.

            “So, you are going to keep coming here? For real?” Jackson nodded eagerly with a big smile on his face. Mark could see how his eyes were shining brightly at the thought of the girl. He could tell that Jackson was interested in her but he did not know whether in romantic or friendly way because Jackson seemed to like almost everyone in the world as long as they are nice to him. He was simple as that.

            “Sorry, bro. But if you don’t want to come with me it’s okay. I can come alone the next time.” Jackson said when he noticed the way Mark looked at him. He was giving him the absurd face. Mark shook his head almost immediately.

            “No, no. I’m going to come with you. I want to know who is this girl.” Jackson grinned.

            “You’re going to like her. She is so full of confidence. I bet she can dance and sing well. Her friend, DanHee is a good dancer, you know. JiMin told me she is the best among the girls but she just need help in her vocal. That’s what she told me.” Mark raised his eyebrows as he was interested in hearing that. Mark was currently having the same problem as her. He was in the process of improving his vocal as his voice was deep and the thing he could do right now was dancing and rapping. Soon, he would able to perform martial art on the stage after he mastered all the step.

            “I wonder why we don’t know her even though we are training in the same company.” Mark commented.

            “Well, maybe we are just so ignorant. Plus, we always hang out among ourselves only. You can say it’s because of language barrier.” Mark nodded as he quite agreed with it. Mark and Jackson were always hanging out with other trainees who could speak good English since they were in the process of learning Korean.  They were friend with JiMin because she can speak English too.

            “Are you done with your food? Looks like she is not here today too.” Jackson said as he looked around. He was upset but he could not help it if she was not going to appear. Maybe she had a different break time. Mark nodded his head and stood up, following Jackson who was also done with his food. They walked to the counter to pay for their food and jumped a bit when a high-pitched voice greeted them from behind.

            “Hey, Hong Kong guy! Nice to see you again!” Jackson turned around in no time as he recognized the voice. The voice that he wished to listen to again. Mark decided to finish paying for the food on behalf of Jackson. He turned around after he was done with it, to find a girl was smiling brightly as she faced Jackson who was too happy to see her again.

            “Hey, err… Seoul girl! Nice to see you too. Did you just reach here?” Mark almost palmed his face at their greeting. He wondered whether he should introduce himself as the L.A. guy. The girl nodded her head. Behind her were her friends who then walked to their chosen seat, leaving her alone with Jackson and Mark.

            “Yeah. Our break starts late lately and today is the earliest we can get here. How about you? Are you leaving now?”

            “Sadly, yes. I have practice after this.”

            “Okay. I guess we’ll see each other later.” Jackson almost went to a panic state upon her statement because it was as if she was stopping the conversation when he did not want that.

            “Wait, wait. That day, when I relay your message to your friend, I forgot to ask for your name so I end up telling her that you are FNC trainee.” Jackson told her. The girl immediately laughed and Mark could not deny it that she was laughing beautifully. She was just so fine. She was bright and she knew how to behave. Jackson was right after all when he said that Mark was going to like her.

            “Oh my God. I can’t believe I forgot to tell my name. Hey, to think about it, you didn’t tell me your name too.”

            “I know, right? So it’s fair and square between us.”

            “So how should we introduce ourselves?”

            “Okay, let me start first. Hi, I’m Jackson Wang. Nice to meet you.” Jackson held out his hand. The girl smiled as she grabbed it while introducing herself.

            “Hi, Jackson. I’m Amy Lee YoonMi. Nice to meet you too.” Jackson nodded his head as he was trying to memorise her name. They let go of each other hand after that.

            “Urm, can I call you Amy?” Jackson did not want to tell her that he found it hard to memorise her full name because Korean name would confuse him later on his Korean class. She let out a chuckle while nodding her head.

            “Of course. Anything in my name can be used to call me. It’s going to be me after all.” Amy said. There was an awkward silence for a moment as both of them did not know what to say anymore. Jackson still refused to end the conversation. Well, of course because he had been waiting for a long time to see her again. Mark just observed the two of them and sighed when none of them tried to pick up a word. This caused him to be noticed by Amy.

            “Oh, is this your friend? You don’t want to introduce him?” Amy asked Jackson and Jackson looked surprised because he was actually forgot that Mark was there with him. Heck, he even forgot to pay for his food just now and it was because of the girl in front of him.

            “I’m sorry. This is Mark Tuan. He’s my friend and we’re training in the same company. Mark, this is Amy.” He introduced them. Amy smiled at Mark.

            “Hi, Mark. So, you are a foreigner too? But you look like Korean.”

            “I’m Taiwanese but I was born in L.A.”

            “Wow, cool background you have there, Mark.” She said cheerfully and it reminded Jackson of the time where she was excited to gain a foreigner friend when he first met her. He was glad that he was able to add Mark to her foreigner list. Mark laughed at her remark.

            “It’s all thanks to my parents but thank you. Jackson, I think we should go now. We are late already.” He felt bad for stopping the conversation because he could see how much Jackson liked Amy but they were really late for the practice. He prayed that the instructor would come in late that day so that they would not be punished.

            “Oh, I’m going to pay for the food first.”

            “I paid for it already.” Mark told him almost immediately because Jackson was about to move from his spot. Jackson was dumbfounded actually that Mark paid for his food already but he did not ask anything. He faced Amy once again.

            “I guess we’ll see you next time, which I don’t know when.” Mark smirked at Jackson’s statement. He knew Jackson was trying to tell her something.

            “Awe, I feel bad because I don’t have a phone. Do you have one? I can get your number then. I’ll call using my friend’s phone.” Upon that, Jackson quickly asked for a pen and paper from the cashier to leave his phone number to Amy. Mark was close to laughing but he decided to stay cool.

            “Alright, then. I’ll call you when I have the time.” She said as she showed him the paper with a smile on her face. Jackson smiled in satisfaction and only after that he was willing to leave the restaurant.

            “See you later, Jackson!” Jackson nodded as he walked reversely, to leave while looking at her meanwhile Mark was walking beside him. He only turned his head when his name was called too which surprised him at how friendly she was. It was the first time he met her but he was so close to thanked her for coming into

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter