eight

The Good Doctor

C H A P T E R

EIGHT


(continues from chapter seven)

 

 

"Why are you an oncologist?" She asks.

 

Junmyeon answers, "The reason I chose oncology because... it's more my personality type. I want to help people so yeah... I like what I do."

 

He then continues, "It’s such an honour to be involved in patient’s care when it’s end-of-life because that’s a very personal, very sacred kind of thing.  And I develop strong relationships that way with my patients which are one of the things that make the job hard as well."

 

Hayi stares at him without blinking, "That... I’m speechless."

 

"You don't have to say anything. I'm glad though... you actually listened to me." He says.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"Most people just ignored me when I tell them about my passion. But you actually listened. Thank you." He smiles shyly. Hayi smiles back, "I'm glad you told me about your passion. Thank you for sharing."

 

"How old are you, doctor?" She asks. Junmyeon grins, "Guess."

 

"Hmm... 24?"

 

He laughs, "Nope."

 

"25?26?"

 

"Nope."

 

"28?"

 

"Wrong."

 

"No way, you're 30?"

 

"Close. But nope."

 

"29?"

 

He shakes his head.

 

"How old are you then?" Hayi asks. Junmyeon smiles, "I am thirty one years old."

 

Hayi's mouth falls open, "You're kidding me." Junmyeon shakes his head, "I'm not. I am thirty one years old."

 

"You look like you're 15." Hayi crosses her arms. Junmyeon laughs, "Now that's a lie."

 

"Okay maybe not 15. But holy , you could've have looked like you're in your twenties."

 

"Sadly I’m not." He smiles.

 

                                                                                                                            

 

Junmyeon opens his Toyota car door for Hayi. She steps out of his Toyota and faces him, "Thanks for tonight. I really had fun."

 

"Thank you for going out with me." He says, glancing at Hayi's house for a few seconds. Her house is gigantic, showing that she's quite wealthy. Junmyeon looks at her, "Hayi..."

 

"Yes?" She asks. Junmyeon's face turns red, "I like you."

 

"Doctor... I..." Hayi froze. She doesn't know what to say but looking at Junmyeon's face, she knows that he's sincere and honest.

 

"I like you too." Hayi smiles and pecks his left cheek. Hayi walks into her house, leaving him frozen and shocked with flattered heart. Hayi walks into her house and she quickly shuts the door behind her, can't help it but smile to herself. She places her right palm on her chest, feeling her fast heartbeat. She chuckles and sighs in relief.

 

"Well someone's cheerful tonight."

 

Hayi flinches and gets away from the door, "Hey mom."

 

"So... how'd it go?" Hayoung approaches her from the kitchen. "It went well." She says. Hayoung nods, "What happened?"

 

"What do you mean?" She asks. Hayoung smiles, "Anything happened during the date?"

 

"Nothing. Just a simple date in a quite fancy desserts restaurant." Hayi says. Hayoung nods, "I see... so the peck on the cheek was nothing?"

 

Hayi's eyes widen, "Mom!"

 

Hayoung laughs, "What? I'm a curious mother; it's only natural that I took a peek from the curtains."

 

Hayi blushes and her mom's laughter becomes louder, "Oh Hayi... he looked so happy after you kissed him."

 

"It was a peck. Are you sure he was happy?" Hayi asks. Hayoung nods, "Look how curious you are... yes I saw him smiling. And by that, I am 100% sure he likes you."

 

Hayi smiles, "Well... he told me that." Hayoung's expression changes, "Really?"

 

Hayi nods. Hayoung claps her hand, "Well then... that is great. Do you like him?" Hayi stares at her mom for a while before she nods shyly.

 

"Aww look at you. You're blushing really hard." Hayoung touches her shoulders, "Is he going to call you?"

 

And that's when Hayi's phone vibrates, showing a new notification.

 

From: Dr Kim Junmyeon

 

I didn't get a chance to say good night since you walked away quickly. Good night, Hayi. Thanks for tonight... and the kiss.

 

 

Hayi smiles widely and replies,

 

To: Dr Kim Junmyeon

 

Good night, Doctor.

 

 

"Look at you, smiling and blushing. Is it him?" Hayoung asks and Hayi nods, "I'm going to bed. Good night!"

 

Hayi runs upstairs and buries her face into her pillow, screaming in it due to her extreme joy.

 

 

                                                                                                                                 

 

"Do you realise what you're doing hyung?" Jongin asks, staring at his older brother.

 

"I do." Junmyeon answers shortly. Jongin looks at him, "You like your ex-patient."

 

"So?" Junmyeon frowns. Jongin shrugs, "It's just... wow... it feels like you're in a K-Drama. That's really cool."

 

"Yah! What are you mumbling? Have you got brainwashed by Yerim to watch all those drama?" Junmyeon scoffs.

 

"Brainwashed by whom?" Yerim asks from the stairs behind them. Jongin looks at her and greets, "Hey Yerim."

 

"So I heard someone fell in love." Yerim sings, making Junmyeon scoffs. Jongin turns to face Yerim, "Oh I wonder who..."

 

"Stop it, you two." Junmyeon rolls his eyes and she laughs, "Who is this girl again? Your ex-patient? What's her name?"

 

"Song Hayi." He says. Yerim frowns, "Song what?"

 

"It's Song Hayi." Junmyeon says, even clearer. Yerim looks at her brother, "I've heard that name before."

 

Junmyeon and Jongin stare each other before both of them stare at their little sister. Yerim gasps, "Oppa! Don't tell me it's the Song Hayi."

 

"What do you mean?" Junmyeon frowns. "Is her hair short?" She asks and Junmyeon nods, "Used to be but now she's wearing a wig."

 

"Wait here." Yerim runs upstairs, leaving her brothers in confusion. After a few minutes, Yerim runs back downstairs with her MacBook, "Is this her?"

 

She shows the laptop to her brothers and they both nod. Yerim cups , "Omo! Oppa! Do you know who she is?" Jongin shrugs, "Not really. She looks famous in here. Does she make cover videos?"

 

Warmth - Bastille

 

Yerim nods and plays the video. Junmyeon and Jongin watch the video, scanning at every move Hayi and the rest of the crew was performing.

 

"Hayi was one of the crews in this group. No wonder she's not in the videos anymore... I didn't know she had cancer."  Yerim says. Yerim then changes the dance video to a song cover video at Hayi's channel.

 

"Holy , there's a lot of crew in here." Jongin says. Yerim rolls her eyes, "Duh, she worked in an entertainment company. She knows lots of people who can play musical instruments so that's why she can do this kind of video. Now shut up and listen to her voice."

 

"Cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be and in your heat I feel how cold it can get."

 

"Hyung... I think you just got yourself an artiste." Jongin says. Junmyeon shrugs and watches the video. He smiles when he saw Hayi smiled in the video, singing the song beautifully.

 

"I swear to God if Hayi's going to be my sister in law, I'm going to tell the whole world." Yerim says. Junmyeon looks at views, "81K views, 964,792 likes, 1002 dislikes, and 2,508,489 subscribers? That's a lot, man."

 

"Of course, she's a youtuber. What's so weird about that?" Yerim asks.

 

"What do you know about her?" Junmyeon asks Yerim. Yerim blinks for a few times, "Eh?"

 

"What do you know about her?" He repeats. Yerim shrugs, "Well... she's obviously not a dancer in the entertainment company anymore so she won't be dancing in any of their videos anymore. But she has her own Youtube channel—she sings and vlogs. She speaks fluent English in her vlogs and she's rich."

 

"Then?" He asks. Yerim scoffs, "You're not expecting me to read the whole trivia about her, right? You're dating her, why don't you ask her yourself, oppa?"

 

"I'm not dating her!" He says. Yerim shrugs, "You mean... not yet."

 

"Do you know that she takes Aeronautical Engineering at Seoul University?" Jongin asks Yerim and falls, "Really?"

 

Jongin looks at Junmyeon, "She's really talented and smart. And pretty too."

 

He then continues, "Not bad, hyung. Not bad."

 

Junmyeon looks at the smiling Jongin and punches his stomach jokingly, "You brat."



A U T H O R ' S N O T E
Typos & Grammatical Errors = Sorry
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT OR UPVOTE! I GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY FEEDBACKS :)