twelve

The Good Doctor

C H A P T E R

TWELVE


Hayi throws the dress onto her bed, and sighs. She glances at her clothes on the bed and sits on the bed. She honestly doesn't know what to wear tonight and she's really worried about it.

 

"Look at your room, all messy and ." Hayoung says. Hayi looks at her who's crossing her arms while leaning against her bedroom door.

 

"Mom..." she whines. Hayoung looks at her clothes while approaching her, "Hard time choosing?"

 

"It's not that I can't choose what to wear... it's just... I don't know whether I should wear something formal or casual." Hayi sighs. Hayoung nods, "Ah I see. Did he tell you where you guys are going?"

 

"No..."

 

Hayoung taps her chin, "Ah... no wonder. Why don't you try a simple dress?"

 

"Dress?" Hayi frowns. Hayoung and Hayi stare each other when the door bell rings. Hayi wanders anxiously, "Holy . I haven't ready... Mom, help me!!!"

 

Hayoung looks anxious too but then she calms down, "Okay. Wait here, I'm going to take a look at his clothes."

 

Hayoung jogs down the stairs, "Coming!" She opens the door and smiles at Junmyeon, "Hi!"

 

"Good evening, Mrs Song." He greets. Hayoung looks at him from head to toe and the grins, "Come in have a seat. Hayi's upstairs. I'll call her."

 

Once Junmyeon enters the house, Hayoung quickly goes upstairs and enters her daughter's bedroom, "Wear a dress."

 

"A dress?" Hayi's eyes widened. Hayoung searches for a dress in Hayi's closet and throws a black vintage dress with pink flowers on it to her. The dress falls below Hayi's knees.

 

"He looks like he's bringing you to a fancy restaurant." Hayoung says. Hayi zips the dress and looks into the mirror, "Fancy restaurant? I'm having bare face right now!"

 

"Just put on some lipstick and you're good to go." Hayoung says. Hayi puts on a lipstick and puts her wig on since her hair is still short—just like before.

 

"How do I look?" Hayi asks. Hayoung smiles, "Looking good, honey. Wear your coat." Hayoung throws the dark brown coat from her closet to her and she quickly grabs it.

 

Hayi walks down the stairs nervously. She greets Junmyeon and he turns around to look at her while smiling.

 

"Did I take too long?" Hayi asks. Junmyeon shakes his head, "No. Are you ready to go?" Hayi nods.

 

Junmyeon looks up to Hayoung who's standing at the stairs. "We'll be going, Mrs Song."

 

"Take care." Hayoung says.

 

Junmyeon and Hayi walk towards his Toyota. Junmyeon opens the door for her, "Nice coat."

 

Hayi looks at her coat, "Thank you... eh?" She notices the coat that Junmyeon's wearing and she blushes. They're wearing the same coat with the same colour.

 

"Well... nice coat doctor." Hayi says. Junmyeon grins, "Thank you." Hayi enters his car and sighs. Her mother surely knows how to embarrass her.

 

"Where are we going?" She asks. Junmyeon smiles, "My favourite place to eat."

 

"Where's that?" Hayi asks. Junmyeon smiles, "You'll see."

 

 

And there they are, eating inside a very fancy restaurant in town. Hayi grins at Junmyeon when she notices that there's some white sauce near his lips.

 

Junmyeon looks up to her while raising his left eyebrow when he heard her chuckling. Hayi points her index finger to her left side of her own mouth and Junmyeon quickly wipes it off with a napkin. He smiles shyly, "Sorry."

 

"It's alright." Hayi says. Once she's finished her white sauce pasta, she tries out the chocolate trifle.

 

"How does it taste?" He asks. Hayi smiles, "Really really good." Junmyeon smiles, "It's my favourite."

 

"It's really nice." She smiles.

 

"You look pretty." He says, making her face flushes into pink. "Thank you."

 

"Why are you wearing your wig?" He asks. Hayi answers, "My hair's short remember? I don't think my short hair suits a dress."

 

"I like your short hair. You look y."

 

Hayi looks up with wide eyes, "Huh?" Junmyeon's lips curl up into a smirk, "You heard me."

 

He laughs when Hayi's face turns redder. Hayi shrugs, "Thanks I guess."

 

"Song Hayi." His voice suddenly turns serious. Hayi stares at him, waiting for him to speak up.

 

"I know we've met for only a year but... I can't seem to shake you off my mind." He says. Hayi's heart beats fast, Oh God what he's trying to do?

 

"I know your condition but I can't help it. I like you but now..."

 

But?

 

"But now..."

 

Is he going to give up?

 

Just as when she thought he's going to give up and leave her because she's dying, something unexpected comes out of his mouth which is far from what she thought.

 

"Song Hayi, I'm in love with you."

 

Hayi is shocked. She looks down for a while before her eyes become teary, "Doctor... you know what you're doing right?"

 

"I do, Hayi."

 

"I'm dying, Doctor." She says. Junmyeon stares at her, "So I can't love you because you're dying? Hayi, I sincerely love you. I want to take care of you."

 

Her tears fall down and she quickly wipes it off. She smiles at him while sobbing. She then laughs because it must've looked ridiculous for someone to smile while sobbing at the same time. And now, she might look even more ridiculous.

 

"Thank you... thank you so much, doctor." She says. Junmyeon grins, "What does it mean?"

 

"I don't know... I don't know what to say but... I would love it if you take care of me." Hayi laughs and he laughs along with her.

 

"Be my girlfriend?"

 

Hayi nods, "Okay."

 

She's must be crazy if she would’ve rejected a gorgeous man like him. Plus, he looks sincere. From the moment he confessed to her with those eyes and soft voice, she knows that she's fallen straight away for him.

 

                                                                                                                      

 

Hayi turns her face to Junmyeon when he stops the car right in front of Hayi's house. She gives him a small smile and thanks him, "Thank you Doctor Kim."

 

"Junmyeon." He says. Hayi nods in understatement, "Well... Junmyeon."

 

"Good night, Junmyeon. Take care." She says, getting out of the car. Just as when she walks pass Junmyeon's car, Junmyeon gets out and pulls her right arm, "Hayi wait!"

 

Hayi looks at him. Junmyeon swallows his saliva and cups Hayi's face. He presses his lips onto hers, making Hayi gasps a little. After a few seconds, Hayi replies the kiss and she could feel Junmyeon smiles between the kiss.

 

Hayi pulls away and looks down, knowing that she's blushing really hard. Junmyeon laughs, "Sorry. I just had to do that. Good night, Hayi."

 

Hayi stutters, "A-ah... g-good night." She then runs into her house, closing the door quickly and sprints up into her room. Hayoung watches as her daughter is acting really weird while she's watching her favourite show, "What's up with that girl? Ah, young people."

 

Hayi jumps on her bed and buries her face in her pillow. She lifts her head up and glances at her phone when she receives an iMessage from Junmyeon.

 

 

From: Dr Kim Junmyeon

I hope you're not mad that I kissed you. I can't help it, you're too irresistible. x

 

 

Hayi buries her face once again and squeaks loudly while swinging her legs up and down in excitement.

 

"Mom! I think I've found myself a Prince Charming!!!"



A U T H O R ' S N O T E
Typos & Grammatical Errors = Sorry
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT OR UPVOTE! I GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY FEEDBACKS :)