thirteen

The Good Doctor

C H A P T E R

THIRTEEN


Jongin stares at his brother with his arms crossed, "You're in love with her?"

 

Junmyeon slowly nods. Jongin asks, "Why?"

 

"She's different." Junmyeon says. Jongin turns away from him and blows his smoke to his left, "Different how?"

 

"She's not like the other girls. She stands out from the crowd. I just... I just can't stop thinking about her." Junmyeon sighs. Jongin slowly nods, "But you do know that she's going to... well... you know..."

 

"Die? I know. It's crazy but I want to take care of her. She's one of a kind and I really really really want to protect her as long as I can." He smiles up to the sky. Jongin blows his smoke out of his nose and looks at his brother, "What about you?"

 

Junmyeon turns to face him, "What about me?"

 

"What about you? Who's going to take care of you? Take care of your heart? The question is, are you ready to lose her?" Jongin asks. Junmyeon froze and then sighs, "I'm not... and I won't. But it's too late now. I developed this kind of feeling towards Hayi and I can't go back. No matter whether she's dying or not, my feeling would still be the same even though I would try to stay away from her."

 

He continues, "We will never be ready to lose someone, Jongin. Especially our loved ones."

 

Jongin stares at him and Junmyeon does the same. Junmyeon smiles at him and pats his back, "I am so in love with Song Hayi, Jongin."

 

"You know you're digging your own grave right? You're searching for a reason for yourself to be sad one day." Jongin says. Junmyeon laughs bitterly, "Oh Jongin you still didn't understand. Jongin... sometimes loving people could bring joy to us even for a short time. That what makes us human."

 

"To love someone, to give a chance for someone to be loved and to love. These little things will always be in your memories even though the tapes had broken. You get what I'm saying?" Junmyeon asks.

 

Jongin keeps staring at him without saying a word.

 

Junmyeon smiles, "For me... loving her for a short time is enough even though we don't have forever. At least I can love her for all the time she has. At least I get to love her and take care of her."

 

Jongin sighs, "Hyung I've never thought you could be this sentimental. Well said, hyung... well said."

 

"Thank you." He grins. Jongin smiles, "What are you going to do next? She's your girlfriend now."

 

"Maybe I'll wait when the time is right." Junmyeon says and Jongin frowns, "Right for what?"

 

"To marry her."

 

Jongin is shocked but then his lips slightly curl up into a smile, "I wish you all the best hyung."

 

"Thank you." He says. Jongin blows another smoke from his mouth and Junmyeon quickly pulls out the cigarette from Jongin's lips, throwing it to the ground.

 

Junmyeon laughs seeing Jongin's sour expression when he did that. Junmyeon gets up and pats his back, "Get out of your doctor's coat before you put that thing between your teeth."

 

Jongin watches as Junmyeon leaves the hospital's garden. Jongin looks up to the night sky and laughs.

 

"That's what Hayi said to me."

 

He continues to laugh. Thankfully for him, no one is there to witness him laughing at the hospital's garden alone like a mad man.

 

Song Hayi, no wonder my brother loves you.

 

                                                                                                  

 

Day by day, weeks by weeks Song Hayi and Kim Junmyeon become closer. Junmyeon's affection towards Hayi increases and Hayi's not afraid of replying Junmyeon's 'I love you's. Because, Hayi is also in love with him.

 

"I love you, Hayi."

 

"I love you too, Junmyeon."

 

                                                                                                   

 

Junmyeon's talked to Hayoung and she approved him to be her daughter's lover. So do Jongin, Jongdae, and Yerim. The three of them really like Hayi and they treat her as their own sister.

 

Junmyeon doesn't have parents anymore. His mother died due to heart attack while his father died in a car crash, leaving Junmyeon with his three siblings.

 

Yerim stares at his brother and pats his shoulder, "If you want to do it then do it."

 

Junmyeon looks at his sister and nods, "Thanks Yerim."

 

"Will you marry me?" Junmyeon asks. Hayi looks at him in disbelieve, "Junmyeon... I'm dying."

 

"I know. But I told you that I want to take care of you right?" He stares at her with his hopeful eyes.

 

"Junmyeon, I'm a time bomb. One day, I'll blow up and I'll hurt everyone around me. I don't want to hurt you..." Hayi says. Junmyeon smiles, "I don't mind to get hurt by you."

 

Hayi keeps staring at him. Junmyeon holds her right hand, slightly squeezing it, "I love you and I don't mind getting hurt by you. I want to take care of you for as long as I can. I want to be yours even though we don't have forever."

 

Hayi's tears fall from her eyes and she puts her hand onto Junmyeon's hand, "Even though we don't have forever?"

 

Junmyeon smiles and nods, "Even though we don't have forever."

 

"I'll marry you, Junmyeon."

 

                                                                                                   

 

"...I pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

 

Junmyeon and Hayi stare each other before Junmyeons leans in closer and finally presses his lips onto hers. Junmyeon places his left palm on Hayi's left cheek, slightly caressing it with his thumb softly. Meanwhile Hayi places her hands on Junmyeon's chest. She smiles between the kiss when her right hand is feeling his fast heartbeat.

 

They pull away and Hayi looks down, her face is bright red. Junmyeon laughs, "Are you embarrassed?" Hayi slowly nods and Junmyeon pulls her into a tight hug.

 

"I love you, Song Hayi."

 

"I love you more, Kim Junmyeon."

 

                                                                                              

 

Junmyeon s Hayi's wedding dress, revealing her back and a little bit of her white bra strap. Hayi looks into the mirror where they are standing, staring at Junmyeon wrapping his left arm around her waist while planting soft kisses at her neck and her shoulder.

 

Hayi's face is as bright as tomato and her heart is beating really fast. Junmyeon pulls down her dress and kicks it far away from them. Hayi stares at her wedding dress that has been kicked until the sofa in Junmyeon's room. Hayi mentally smiles when she recalled Junmyeon's expression when he first saw her in that dress on the altar.

 

Junmyeon was literally holding his breath and he was admiring her beauty from far away. He didn't even blink and he could feel his temperature's rising when Hayi flashed him a beautiful smile at the altar.

 

She looked perfect in that gown. But now, she looks just as beautiful even though the gown's no longer hugging her body. Junmyeon looks up to mirror, his eyes are roaming at Hayi's beautiful figure.

 

Junmyeon takes off his white coat and leaves it on the floor. He spins Hayi around to face him and he leans in to kiss her lips. Junmyeon then gently pushes her onto the bed right beside the mirror and he's on top of her, still not breaking the kiss.

 

Junmyeon pulls her bra straps until they reach her shoulders. Junmyeon pulls away and attacks her neck. No bites, only soft kisses. He s his shirt and throws it to the floor. Hayi stares at his fair skin complexion and his muscular body.

 

Hayi never thought he had always has this kind of body under the coats and suit. Junmyeon devours her lips ones again then his hand roams until her waist. Hayi pushes him so she could breathe and stares at him, "I'm scared."

 

He smiles and plants a gentle kiss on her forehead, "Trust me."

 

"I trust you."

 

Junmyeon s, at first gently.

 

And then wildly.

 

                                                                                               

 

Hayi wakes up the next morning with a stinging pain at her lower region. She feels a heavy weight on her left side of her body and sees Junmyeon head is resting on her shoulder while his hand is wrapped around her body on the comforter.

 

Hayi looks down to see Junmyeon's sleeping face. She smiles and admires his figure from his hair to his lips. His black middle parted hair looks messy since... you know. Her eyes travel to his lips, remembering its softness as it kissed every part of her body.

 

He looks perfect.

 

For a second, Hayi didn't know how this gorgeous man could be her husband. Is he really her husband? Is she dreaming?

 

Hayi spots some scratch mark on Junmyeon's back. She blushes when she thought of the thing that happened between them last night.

 

Hayi lifts her right hand and touches his left ear, playing with his earlobe. Hayi smiles as he stirs and opens his eyes. Once his eyes are opened, the first thing he's searching for is Song Hayi.

 

"Good morning." He whispers. Hayi smiles and hums. Hayi pushes him aside gently and sits up on the bed, pulling her comforter close to her chest. She moves carefully since her lower region is still hurt. She winces and sighs. Junmyeon looks up to her, "Does it hurt?"

 

"A little."

 

"Sorry." He says. Hayi chuckles, "It's alright."

 

Junmyeon touches her hand and squeezes it lightly, "Where are you going?"

 

"Shower and then make breakfast." Hayi says. Junmyeon shakes his head, "No you're not. Come sleep with me some more."

 

"Don't you have work?" Hayi asks. Junmyeon shakes his head, "Off day. Now come on."

 

Hayi lies next to him and he pulls her closer to him. Hayi faces his chest and she places her hands on it.

 

"Sorry about the scratches." Hayi says. Junmyeon smirks, "It's alright. They're pretty y don't you think?"

 

Hayi blushes. Junmyeon caresses her , "You're amazing, Hayi."

 

Hayi punches Junmyeon's chest jokingly, "Stop it." Junmyeon laughs, "It's true!"

 

"I love you, Hayi."

 

"I love you too, Junmyeon." Hayi smiles. Both of them close their eyes and Hayi drifts off to neverland again. Junmyeon opens his eyes and stares at the sleeping Hayi.

 

He smiles at the beautiful sight.

 

She sleeps so peacefully and she looks so calm until Junmyeon could feel himself to relax to the sight. Junmyeon plants a soft kiss on her forehead.

 

Song Hayi, I might just fall for you every day.



A U T H O R ' S N O T E
Typos and Grammatical Errors = Sorry
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT OR UPVOTE! I GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY FEEDBACKS :)